Hot Toys - Artist Collection: Mamoru Oshii's - Kerberos Panzer Cop

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Hot Toys - Artist Collection: Mamoru Oshii's - Kerberos?

Took the words right out of my mouth.

When I saw it was a Kerberos I was interested as I've always liked the design but never had any of the figures.

This one's a bit too fancy in the armour department. A little reminiscent of Bram Stoker's Dracula.

051599b.jpg

Ribbed for pleasure?

this armour is the wwii german soldier armour (hence why it looks like a knight). the takara et al versions are from 1950's-2000's and are all japanese anti terrorist police (except the green type 61 armour on takaras tetsurou kai figure, that is JGSDF military armour). the takara panzer cops were original designs at the time they were released but were later incorporated into the tokyo war book. the DML and Platz hobby figures were based on the movie stray dog set in late 90's, medicom did 4 figures based on the comic, stray dog movie, red spectacles movie and jin roh anime.

Dang I was hoping I would never be interested in a Hot Toys figure again, but this one looks awesome. Nice to see 1/6 Kerberos again after so long.

this armour is the wwii german soldier armour (hence why it looks like a knight). the takara et al versions are from 1950's-2000's and are all japanese anti terrorist police (except the green type 61 armour on takaras tetsurou kai figure, that is JGSDF military armour). the takara panzer cops were original designs at the time they were released but were later incorporated into the tokyo war book. the DML and Platz hobby figures were based on the movie stray dog set in late 90's, medicom did 4 figures based on the comic, stray dog movie, red spectacles movie and jin roh anime.

Thanks for the potted history. I knew nothing about Kerberos Panzer Cop beyond seeing the figures themselves.

Thanks for the potted history. I knew nothing about Kerberos Panzer Cop beyond seeing the figures themselves.

:) glad it made things a little bit more clear :)

my blog is dedicated to kerberos saga and i have almost all the collectable figures and kits made, so just ask me any questions :)

yep that's the one. just need to find more to update it, went like 2 years with forgetting/putting off posting because of job etc.

I noticed the big gap!

A lot of nice stuff there.

Dear all,

Following the first collaboration with legendary Japanese artist, Mr. Takayuki Takeya (竹谷隆之), to bring fans the widely acclaimed 1/6th scale Samurai Predator Collectible Figure earlier, Hot Toys is very excited to join hands with Mr. Takeya again and this time also working with famed Japanese filmmaker and writer – Mr. Mamoru Oshii (押井守) together with Hot Toys’ Production Director and Chief Painter, Mr. JC. Hong (홍진철), to present the newest addition to our Artist Collection series. Please stay tuned as it will be revealed very soon!

180338i29glg2go7xr9co7.jpg

emma-stone-this-is-the-best.jpg

I NEED this :drool

I have the Samurai Predator, its really one of the best figures ever, I always wanted a Panzer Cop :yess:

emma-stone-this-is-the-best.jpg

I NEED this :drool

I have the Samurai Predator, its really one of the best figures ever, I always wanted a Panzer Cop :yess:

I am a huge Kerberos fan and I love my samurai predator. Don't know if you saw the full official pics yet but this figure is a bit of a let-down. The figure is overall too skinny and lacks the signature Takeya flaire imo. I much prefer the Takara's Kerberos offerings.

I am a huge Kerberos fan and I love my samurai predator. Don't know if you saw the full official pics yet but this figure is a bit of a let-down. The figure is overall too skinny and lacks the signature Takeya flaire imo. I much prefer the Takara's Kerberos offerings.

Sadly.. yes, not as good as I expected, I'll buy it anyway.. but all the other Panzer Cops I've see nare better :dunno

Like this one
DSC00765.JPG

Sadly.. yes, not as good as I expected, I'll buy it anyway.. but all the other Panzer Cops I've see nare better :dunno

Like this one
DSC00765.JPG

Thats the Takara Kerberos...undisputably the best panzer cop out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back