Hottoys first showing at Ani-com 2011

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So. . .I'm sure this has already been covered here, but a number of the supposedly new figures to be shown here aren't actually being shown, correct? No Metal Gear or Batman '89 outside of the photograph of a small picture? No new Marvel guy (only predictable announcements)? No new Bruce Lee? Lame.

Yeah apparently the first post info was mistaken.

so much effort to flip action figures... couldnt he find a better way to make a living.

Sure he could, but he is making $300-500 a figure...he has at least 15 figures in front of him...thats $4500-7500 for a few days worth of work...Not bad IMO...

Sure he could, but he is making $300-500 a figure...he has at least 15 figures in front of him...thats $4500-7500 for a few days worth of work...Not bad IMO...

But that's on the condition that retarded idiots actually buy from him:dunno..

More on the scalper and his modus operandi posted on OSW (by Valken) his group may have gotten between 100-450:

big investment for the filipinos/foreigners that swell from the front of the lines and not the back.

No moral/ethics...

https://www.onesixthwarriors.com/forum/sixt...con-2011-a.html

226011_2258830837085_1437823783_2635049_1312714_n.jpg

"Rumor is that SS will have both HK Anicon exclusive Batman and Predator at normal volume ~ 2000 or more pieces each, for normal price ordering by next month! That is a few days or weeks away folks!!!

Even with shipping, it is cheaper than paying the scalpers! Don't buy the scalpers price and it will drop. It has too because he has between a 75K to 338+K USD hole in his pocket right now! "

From OSW

Good to know.:)

He doesn't look poor to me, he payed out a small army of filipino maids. And I don't feel bad for idiots who buy these "exclusives" for $700 on ebay so I say if he can make money off of those idiots good for him. It's like the 3rd Begins Batman and a Predator with .5 seconds of screen time. :rotfl

I just get a huge kick out of imagining some d-bag handing over $700 for a plastic toy and calling this guy the stupid one in this transaction. :lol

My thoughts exactly!

Very, very well said

I want these figures pretty bad, but I trust that Sideshow will allow us an opportunity to get them. I cannot begrudge these people who try to scalp the figures. However, I will not feel bad for them either if the value drops drastically in the next couple of weeks.

See all the complaining and the guy is practically a hero now, likely did away with HK exclusives single handed. They'll probably never try that again..

Oh and btw, this guy isn't to blame remotely, its all Hot Toys fault.

"Rumor is that SS will have both HK Anicon exclusive Batman and Predator at normal volume ~ 2000 or more pieces each, for normal price ordering by next month! That is a few days or weeks away folks!!!

Even with shipping, it is cheaper than paying the scalpers! Don't buy the scalpers price and it will drop. It has too because he has between a 75K to 338+K USD hole in his pocket right now! "

From OSW

Good to know.:)

Here's to hoping. :rock

Thanks for the info.

More on the scalper and his modus operandi posted on OSW (by Valken) his group may have gotten between 100-450:

big investment for the filipinos/foreigners that swell from the front of the lines and not the back.

No moral/ethics...

https://www.onesixthwarriors.com/forum/sixt...con-2011-a.html

226011_2258830837085_1437823783_2635049_1312714_n.jpg

Wow, that was worst than I thought! I feel kind of ashamed for Hot Toys. Not the first time this has happened and clearly they do not care enough to try to mend the situation.

I like how some of the jerks here try to justify what this guy and some of the other scalpers do as a job. How is this any different than going to a, let's say, final soccer match and buying all the tickets and later reselling them for double/triple the price. In fact, scalping in such manner is illegal in many places.

How stupid does one have to be try to condone an immoral (and often illegal) behavior. :cuckoo:

Oh and btw, this guy isn't to blame remotely, its all Hot Toys fault.
I feel the same way (sort of, the guy is to blame IMO, but HT is primarily to blame). If HT doesn't want this kind of behavior to go on, then they should set up a system where enough product is made to meet demand (which I suspect they ultimately will with these), and where folks have a fair chance of getting them without having to jump through hoops like picking them up in person at a con. Though he's exploiting them, the guy is acting within the rules that HT created.

Having said that, I would be curious to know his eBay handle. Not that I would pay jacked up prices for anything anyway, but I wouldn't want to reinforce his behavior by buying from him.

If I was there, I'd have to jump into that pile of Hot Toys. It'd probably be my only chance to swim in a sea of Hot Toys like Scrooge McDuck.

Back