Hottoys first showing at Ani-com 2011

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I kinda feel sorry for the people in Asia, they actually had to camp at the convention front gate for 3 days just to get these exclusives.. All we have to do here is wait til 10am Thursday morning and do a few mouse clicks at the comfort of our home, people complain but we have it so much easier than over there.. Imagine you camped for 2 days and the front gate finally opens, and the guy said: "Nope sorry, the last one was sold to the guy in front of you.." :monkey1:monkey2

Last edited:
Hopefully some of these idiots that stood inline for this dumbass scalper will save money and stand inline for themselves next time.

There was damn near a riot over the Guardian Predator at last year's Ani-Comm. I read about it on their FB page :lol

Courtesy of DeanKnight

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOjeMrrfUZM&feature=feedu"]‪HONG KONG TOY FAIR 2011 HOT TOYS ENTERBAY GOODSHIPPED VIDEO‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

There was damn near a riot over the Guardian Predator at last year's Ani-Comm. I read about it on their FB page :lol

Ya I just read about that.. There were actually punks (low level Triad thugs) tried to forcefully cut in line at last minute, the collectors retaliated and a fight broke loose.. Then the Cops came and stopped the show and pretty much forced Hot Toys to end the exclusive sells at the con, which is why the US got T-1000 sarah as a normal release and Guadian Pred had much more waitlist converts. Pretty crazy stuff goes on over there...

Now the Triads are getting into the collectible figure market? Soon we'll have mafia guys selling Hot Toys out of the backs of vans along with cigarettes and show heads.

I can't believe he'll be able to sell all of those at that ridiculously inflated price. I'll get mine off of Sideshow for $200 and change, thanks.

No moral/ethics...

Being Chinese and being in HK at the moment I can say that greediness and selfishness seems to be a hallmark of the people who are out to make money.. From resellers at shops, to the mentality of press photographers at events such as Ani Com, and everywhere in general. The organizers at these events don't care, they just want to attract big numbers to their events so they can promote this number at next years event, and of course to make money. As long as things don't erupt to a riot, (that would give them bad publicity) they could really care less what sneakery happens at the HT booth.

Last edited:
honestly, if I was there the day before and knew of such goings on - what's to stop someone from doing a run-by thievery? I mean, if he has 40 bags of toys, and someone runs, or even walks by unassumingly, and takes a bag - how can he stop you? Just saying....

I think Hot Toys considers the placecards to be figures. They are fully posable with one point of articulation. I expect preorders for the Avengers placecard to go up mid August.

I plan to buy ten :yess:

We should start a thread for the placards and sit on our computers 24/7 waiting for the pre-order to go up on SS. Someone, every dozen posts or so should also ask when the pre-order will go up.

I think the place cards were tacky. If they really wanted to show off their upcoming products, they could've fit it with the whole movie theater theme and had "Coming Soon" posters on the walls.

Hey ..... He mad? :lol

chow-lee.jpg

HT BL reveal fail :lol

Back