Hottoys first showing at Ani-com 2011

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think when i saw that Batman card stand in place of the figure I realised it wasnt going to be there. MGS and Marvel figure is stil MIA so well see.

Comic con was too good. Loads of figures there. Just card stands here

All right, mate, never intended to start a fight or anything. :hi5:
But yeah, it'd be a huge bummer if all we see from those lines are card stands.

People are going crazy about the Joker DX 2.0 thing. It isn't milking. All they are doing is an enhanced rerelease. They saw how much the demand for that figure still is and how ridiculously high it is going online so they are rereleasing it, but to keep up with the current market they have to improve it. That's why if a new Davy Jones came out rereleased, he'd be taller than the old one and probably have better articulation.

Actual milking is when they release things just to make more money off something. An example is the Iron Man repaints. All they are doing is changing the color scheme of a figure that already exists and they are then just releasing it. That' truly ridiculous, but none of you complainers actually do anything about it. Instead, I see countless people saying how they are going to buy two of the rerelease or something. Numerous people sell their old ones and buy thew new ones.

If Hot Toys wants to make use of a profitable license, then release relevant things. We should have NEVER gotten a grey Iron Man repaint. Instead, Iron Monger should have come out a long time ago.

It's also not milking with Predator. Don't blame Hot Toys that there are SO many different types of Predator. They aren't milking it. They are just utilizing a good selling license. They give Predator fans all the unique kinds of Predator and they are going back and improving the really old ones, because times have changed.

I'll always agree about the lineup finishing thing though. It hurts when I see them release a character from a license and then drop it. Expendables anyone? It hurts even more when I see them continue to play around with licenses like Iron Man. They aren't even completing the lineup. Secret Project Mark IV is not completing a lineup, it's milking it. Iron Monger is completing the lineup.

DX Joker 2.0 ?

Wasn't the DX Joker pretty much perfect?

I guess it didn't come with the machine gun he used ?
Maybe with an interrogation chair and table dio ...or a whole cell for him to sit in with a clapping pose ? :)

Actual milking is when they release things just to make more money off something. An example is the Iron Man repaints. All they are doing is changing the color scheme of a figure that already exists and they are then just releasing it. That' truly ridiculous, but none of you complainers actually do anything about it. Instead, I see countless people saying how they are going to buy two of the rerelease or something. Numerous people sell their old ones and buy thew new ones.

They don't call that milking no more. The term now is "Secret Project". LOL!

People are going crazy about the Joker DX 2.0 thing. It isn't milking. All they are doing is an enhanced rerelease. They saw how much the demand for that figure still is and how ridiculously high it is going online so they are rereleasing it, but to keep up with the current market they have to improve it. That's why if a new Davy Jones came out rereleased, he'd be taller than the old one and probably have better articulation.

If Hot Toys wants to make use of a profitable license, then release relevant things. We should have NEVER gotten a grey Iron Man repaint. Instead, Iron Monger should have come out a long time ago.

It's also not milking with Predator. Don't blame Hot Toys that there are SO many different types of Predator. They aren't milking it. They are just utilizing a good selling license. They give Predator fans all the unique kinds of Predator and they are going back and improving the really old ones, because times have changed.

I'll always agree about the lineup finishing thing though. It hurts when I see them release a character from a license and then drop it. Expendables anyone? It hurts even more when I see them continue to play around with licenses like Iron Man. They aren't even completing the lineup. Secret Project Mark IV is not completing a lineup, it's milking it. Iron Monger is completing the lineup.

I agree except for the Joker.

This will ne the 5th Joker not the second to correct problems with the first, they've had three opportunities to improve upon and they have, DX Joker is amazing, so a new one is not needed at all.

It may not be a repaint but so far there has been...

Purple joker
Bank robber joker
Police joker
Another purple joker.

Aside from Nurse Joker thay have covered everything, so if it's not Nurse Joker it isn't a repaint but a remake, which is basically the same, but with a new Head Sculpt and likely the same clothes done is slightly different ways.

DX Joker 2.0 ?

Wasn't the DX Joker pretty much perfect?

I guess it didn't come with the machine gun he used ?
Maybe with an interrogation chair and table dio ...or a whole cell for him to sit in with a clapping pose ? :)

Not so. Have you not seen the customs?

The shirt is the wrong color and pattern, the socks are wrong and the jacket doesn't hang nearly as well as it could. Also there are custom sculpts that blow the old DX sculpt away. People where paying thousands of dollars to improve their figure and if HT matches one of the customs (which they are capable of) the old DX will be way inferior. Not to mention the people who payed loads for the DX figure used and the $1,000s they spent on custom clothes and sculpts.

It's basically a big 'F you' to all those people.

Not so. Have you not seen the customs?

The shirt is the wrong color and pattern, the socks are wrong and the jacket doesn't hang nearly as well as it could. Also there are custom sculpts that blow the old DX sculpt away. People where paying thousands of dollars to improve their figure and if HT matches one of the customs (which they are capable of) the old DX will be way inferior. Not to mention the people who payed loads for the DX figure used and the $1,000s they spent on custom clothes and sculpts.

It's basically a big 'F you' to all those people.

Those people need to get a life, not to be mean but if you anatomically study the patterns in minute detail, socks which are covered and spend thousands of dollars on a figure, then you have problems.

^^ Monger
I can see your point & like I said before I don't mind reissues, I just feel that this is to soon to reissue a Dx Joker. There's alot of other big characters HT could of gone back on, who fans are calling for & given the Dx treatment other than one that's all ready had that privilege but at the end of the day if it puts money in there pocket to take risks with other lines there not so sure on, then it fine by me.

Those people need to get a life, not to be mean but if you anatomically study the patterns in minute detail, socks which are covered and spend thousands of dollars you have problems.

Some people were so ____ when it came to acuracy though. I thought the DX01 was perfect until the pointed out all those flaws. The only thing I can think they can improve on is the hair, too much of a seam between hair and head. Other than that perfect.

If this is a nurse Joker with an alternate purple suit with a different expression then I'm ok with it. If it's the same figure again with the afore mentioned fixes then it's milking and I'll be pissed I have an inferior figure. No one knows yet so no need to get mad.

Those people need to get a life, not to be mean but if you anatomically study the patterns in minute detail, socks which are covered and spend thousands of dollars on a figure, then you have problems.

& them same people will do it all again with the Dx Joker 2 :lol

Back