Hottoys first showing at Ani-com 2011

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think they are picking now to rerelease Joker because Batman is such a hot topic right now. They can't do it while The Dark Knight Rises license is pumping out figures, but doing it before hand would be ideal since 89 and the redone Batman Begins figures are making everyone want to have Batman characters in their collection.

As for someone saying they've done enough with Joker already, it isn't about just continuing to improve. I imagine the primary point of this Joker 2.0 is not to replace Joker 1.0, but to give the people who don't own the original DX a chance to have this one. That's why it isn't a stand alone DX08 or whatever number we are at. It's a rerelease.

But as I said, they have to do something to make it new. It isn't just to keep it modern, but it is also because they have us in mind. If it was exactly the same, then collectors who threw down a lot of money for the DX would be upset. But by making this product different, the original DX01 will always be a unique figure.

I suspect this will not come with the police related things at all, but will instead be something else. Joker's expression will probably be a smile too. In other words, it's like a 50% new figure. The old one might not actually be obsolete.

It's an odd thing to do, but it isn't something to be upset over quite yet. They will probably redo TDK Batman too before Rises comes out. It'll likely be nearly the same except without the rubber problem. This would be a smart way to test out new ideas for TDNR suit as well.

Upside Down Joker

:lol

batman-milk-carton-design.jpg

I recon were going to get a behind the scenes Joker with spot lights & chair with an awesome dio with a BD sculpt & a smiley sculpt ;)

The main reason i don't like this is that to me this is plain and simple milking, 4 Jokers is enough, a 5th is a 5th version of the same character.

No Ra's
No James Gordon
No LOS Bruce
No Rachel Dawes
Scarecrow was exclusive (right?)

So a 5th version of the same character when these haven't been made once yet?

And other licenses that haven't had Certain characters even made at all. and those who haven't had certain character yet have already had repeats of the same characters (Iron Man License)

The main reason i don't like this is that to me this is plain and simple milking, 4 Jokers is enough, a 5th is a 5th version of the same character.

No Ra's
No James Gordon
No LOS Bruce
No Rachel Dawes

And other licenses that haven't had Certain characters even made at all. and those who haven't had certain character yet have already had repeats of the same characters (Iron Man License)

I totally agree with you. Im disappointe with this Joker 2.0 announcement

It may be a money maker, but I don't want a 5th Joker made when there is no guarantee of another Tron, Avatar, Thor, or X-Men 1st Class (after Magneto) licensed figures being made at all.

So it's likely (with HT trend of line abandonment after a 1-2 figures) that instead of Clu, Neytiri, loki and Beast we get another Joker

I totally agree with you. Im disappointe with this Joker 2.0 announcement

Its a business they need to see a return on there investment hence why they are re releasing these figures repaints are nothing new. New predator body means new figures they can't possibly invest all that money in to a figure designing it and only create one figure. All these figures for the most part are unique pieces so they have to be creative when the re release them.

Batman is hot because of the movie next year and its a huge cash cow.

It may be a money maker, but I don't want a 5th Joker made when there is no guarantee of another Tron, Avatar, Thor, or X-Men 1st Class (after Magneto) licensed figures being made at all.

So it's likely (with HT trend of line abandonment after a 1-2 figures) that instead of Clu, Neytiri, loki and Beast we get another Joker

I don't think so I believe if you look at it from a business point of few if they can stretch one mold across multiple characters they will.

Tron may require a new body but van be stretched across several characters with some modification.

X men same the blue and yellow suits can be stretched across maybe six characters same as above.

Maybe a little harder for Green lantern but still a different pattern but not as though you are starting from nothing

If you notice Thor and Odin are closer to one another then Loki is hence the delay producing

I was just misinformed. I thought the show was last night, so we'd see all the pics this morning. I'm 24 hours off.

:lol @ that pic! :rock

To be fair, what you see here is what you get . They won't be adding anything new. Doesn't matter what time the show starts, everything that will be shown is up already.

No Ra's
No James Gordon
No LOS Bruce
No Rachel Dawes

It's not like we now have a choice of this new version and every version that came before - for most those past versions are well beyond reach.

As well, you kept mentioning figures like Rachel Dawes and Gordon. These may fine figures for the rare person who wants to buy an entire line of figures or for someone who always has Batman and multiple Jokers but for everyone else, what I'd say is the majority, is a Rachel Dawes figure of any interest? Do you honestly think anyone out there would buy a Rachel Dawes figure as their first figure? Do you honestly think anyone would buy Rachel Dawes and that's all, no other Batman-related figures? No, absolutely not, but definitely people would go out and buy a Joker alone or a Batman alone.

Whatever you think, there's interest in different versions of the Joker, there's audience and demand for it far clearer than anything you list. There's interest if you already own a Joker figure and at the same time there's interest if you own no other figure. While there have been various releases of the Joker already it still remains that just the same as you desire a figure of the obese cook from Sucker Punch or whatever it is you're whining for, there are people who desire a new Joker figure, probably even more-so...

Lastly, another consideration is that perhaps products like Iron Man and The Joker allow HT to take on figures like Sucker Punch rather than the usual whining that they're stopping production elsewhere.

Back