Hottoys first showing at Ani-com 2011

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^^ Grosby.

I refer you to a post on the TDK Joker thread...

If they really do plan on doing another Heath, it better be a Nurse version. Its the only one they haven't done yet and double or triple dipping on any of the other outfits is just wrong. If people missed out TWICE on a purple suit Joker, that is their problem. Make new stuff and put TDK to rest. Move on to TDKR already!

Aside from Nurse Joker, all versions have been done already. And when the toyfair exclusive first came out everyone said, 'i wish it was LOS Bruce' so aside from the one figure on the list i posted, you ignored all of the others which fans have repeatedly requested.

I've got 2 of the 3 Joker's already released, so i have no interest in this, i do get that the aftermarket scalping is causing folks mayhem in finding a HT Joker but if that's the rule now then HT will have to re-release every figure they make cos thats the way it is with HT.

Another Joker shouldn't take precedence over LOS Bruce, Ra's and Gordon period.

Or other licenses that stopped after 1 or 2 figures.

Last edited:
Do you honestly think anyone would buy Rachel Dawes and that's all, no other Batman-related figures?

No. But if they offered up the Asylum version I'd get it.

2005_batman_begins_033.jpg

On other news, Howard just bought a 7 million dollar house.

All on Iron Man and Batman cash alone.

Joker 2.0 ...... so HT will re-release Tumbler and batpod if both are in the new film? :panic::panic::panic:

^^ Grosby.

Another Joker shouldn't take precedence over LOS Bruce, Ra's and Gordon period.

Or other licenses that stopped after 1 or 2 figures.

If HT knew that a Gordon or LoS Bruce would sell better than another Joker, then they'd come out with one. Fact is, when people are buying the existing DX Joker for $500+, its clear to HT that there is still money to be made from this figure/character. Can't blame HT for making things that will sell.

As for the other licenses that stopped at 1 or 2 figures, if they sold well then they'd make more. Fact is that Hot Toys today is not the same Hot Toys from even 2 or 3 years ago. They used to only do 1 or 2 figures per line from any line. Iron Man and TDK have set precedence, so now HT knows that they can continue to sell figures from said line. If Sucker Punch lit up the box office, and had people clamoring for figures and the first 2 sold out and skyrocketed in price on the secondary market, than they'd make more.

Joker 2.0 ...... so HT will re-release Tumbler and batpod if both are in the new film? :panic::panic::panic:

I sure hope so! I would definitely get a Tumbler!

Now as for the Batman figure I think there is hope for seeing it still. Here is why. He was definetly meant to be shown at the event. The pictures posted so far show that the staff for HT had pieces of paper with pictures of the figures showing how to display them in the shelfs:

206014_192057977522867_138228759572456_548777_3114000_n.jpg

same as this

225650_192089087519756_138228759572456_548869_6621746_n.jpg

Please, make it so!

If HT knew that a Gordon or LoS Bruce would sell better than another Joker, then they'd come out with one. Fact is, when people are buying the existing DX Joker for $500+, its clear to HT that there is still money to be made from this figure/character. Can't blame HT for making things that will sell.

As for the other licenses that stopped at 1 or 2 figures, if they sold well then they'd make more. Fact is that Hot Toys today is not the same Hot Toys from even 2 or 3 years ago. They used to only do 1 or 2 figures per line from any line. Iron Man and TDK have set precedence, so now HT knows that they can continue to sell figures from said line. If Sucker Punch lit up the box office, and had people clamoring for figures and the first 2 sold out and skyrocketed in price on the secondary market, than they'd make more.

What are you talking about? Look at there Rocky and Aliens lines. They were practically doing every character from each of those. Of course that was longer than 2-3 years ago...

Secondary market shouldn't dictate to HT to make the same character again to get that money given to the secondary market, HT should double their production runs of a figure so there is enough to meet demand and there will be less available on the after-market.

90/100 of HT does better on the aftermarket despite opening sales. If HT only focus on money grabbers there will be very little variety in licenses and figures, only the same characters being remade over and over for the profit the after-market is getting..

Hell, if they simply re-produced the DX01 for fans who missed out then that wouldn't be as bad, but HT are trying to get the money of people who have already bought the previous Jokers by making it a bit different.

Joker has made enough money for Hot Toys already, they just now want the after-market money too, and the money of customers who already bought a Joker.

it's called greed.

As for the other licenses that stopped at 1 or 2 figures, if they sold well then they'd make more.

Tron was put on hold before the 1st figure was released.

Last edited:

You're right their much much greedier now.

Joker has made enough money for Hot Toys already, they just now want the after-market money too, and the money of customers who already bought a Joker.

it's called greed.

No, it is called capitalism.

Last edited:
Tron was put on hold before the 1st figure was released.

Secondary market shouldn't dictate to HT to make the same character again to get that money given to the secondary market, HT should double their production runs of a figure so there is enough to meet demand and there will be less available on the after-market.

90/100 of HT does better on the aftermarket despite opening sales. If HT only focus on money grabbers there will be very little variety in licenses and figures, only the same characters being remade over and over for the profit the after-market is getting..

Hell if they simply re-produced the DX01 for fans who missed out then that wouldn't be as bad, but HT are trying to get the money of people who have already bought the previous Jokers by making it a bit different.

it's called greed.

The creed is greed.

Why shouldn't HT continue to pump out Jokers or Batman's since there is an overwhelming, obvious demand for them? Why should they stand back and watch customisers reap rewards based off their product lines? I don't blame HT 1 bit, at least I know they'll put the money back into the future figures/licenses.

Awesome !!!! Its called Winning!!! Hot Toys is winning !!

The creed is greed.

Why shouldn't HT continue to pump out Jokers or Batman's since there is an overwhelming, obvious demand for them? Why should they stand back and watch customisers reap rewards based off their product lines? I don't blame HT 1 bit, at least I know they'll put the money back into the future figures/licenses.

Then they should re-release the same DX01, people who missed out win, the scalpers lose and people who bought the DX01 aren't lead to get a new one.

What's to stop them putting the money back into another Joker or Batman or Iron Man remake?

They got licenses before without re-releasing figures, why do they need that money to get licenses and figures? they stop most licenses after two figures anyway.

I don't believe there was a big demand for another Joker before this announcement, people will buy it because it's new, not because they want it.

I checked the Thread in DC sections and there are posts saying they'd prefer a figure from the Nolan Batman films that hasn't been done yet instead of this.

Then they should re-release the same DX01, people who missed out win, the scalpers lose and people who bought the DX01 aren't lead to get a new one.

What's to stop them putting the money back into another Joker or Batman or Iron Man remake?

They got licenses before without re-releasing figures, why do they need that money to get licenses and figures? they stop most licenses after two figures anyway.

I don't believe there was a big demand for another Joker before this announcement, people will buy it because it's new, not because they want it.

I checked the Thread in DC sections and there are posts saying they'd prefer a figure from the Nolan Batman films that hasn't been done yet instead of this.
I give up :slap

I give up :slap

Y4NK33 i just don't see the need for a new Joker when some of the licenses i want figures from gets canned after 2 figures.

I want Clu, Rinzler, Tony Stark (Chest RT Light-Up), a ton of X-Men First Class figures, a ton of MGS figures.

And it freaking makes me go :gah: when none (or very few) of these will likely happen...

Yet we're on out 3rd/4th Joker :slap

Back