Hottoys first showing at Ani-com 2011

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Understandable but why take risks on new licenses when they could skip Avatar and Sucker Punch and MGS and stick to the estaboished money makers.
No risk = no reward? :dunno

My point is HT has horrible line comppletion unless that line proves to give a huge profit and inevitably leads to remakes and re-releases.
Agreed, and I can't say I blame them. "Strike while the iron is hot" :lecture

Instead of another Joker or MK 2 there could be new figures that people want from the same or various licenses.

I skipped the Secret Project and will skip the MK2 even though i'm an Iron Man Fan, but i wouldn't have skipped a Tony Stark Figure from the raceway, or prisoner with Rt in chest, as it's new and requested rather than a remake using the same or similar moulds of previous figures.
HT is giving me an Iron Monger and there's supposedly a Hammer Drone proto in development so I'm extremely happy! :yess:
Wrt to the Batman line your comment seems more accurate and I'd have to agree with you. Though, if I were a betting man I'd bet the new Batman/Joker figure will out sell any other character from that line like a Gordon etc if they were to release them simultaneously.

For example: Why make 10 jokers and not 1 Gordon?

Jokers will outsell Gordon 10 to 1.....HT knows what can sell be proven track record- apparently their research shows low interest in sales numbers for secondary Batman characters.

LOL take it easy bro! The show hasn't even started yet!

I think when i saw that Batman card stand in place of the figure I realised it wasnt going to be there. MGS and Marvel figure is stil MIA so well see.

Comic con was too good. Loads of figures there. Just card stands here

i agree they would have sold well but hot toys messed up they can still release them but the demand is not there no more.

Yeah I'll definitely agree with you there. One figure I'm still wishing for though is Elias, I'll be so happy if he got shown at Ani-Com & kinda relieved. HT did have him as "coming soon" & now were finally got Jake Sully from Avatar it's given me some hope because I don't think HT have ever cancelled a figure there announced, well not what I know of anyways.

Ha, what? Are you serious. I missed that :lol

Enjoy :D

a3d62f25b8780a47d494a7489e0ae72f.image.300x450.jpg

I doubt we'll get a Neytiri unless the Jake Sully sells out and everyone asks for another one 3.4 seconds after getting it.

It's sad that many great characters will be overlooked simply because the first in the line didn't break sales records.

Hell, the Tron license disappeared before the first figures were even released how is that for determining if a license is profittable?

What will become of X:FC after Magneto is released? What will happen to Sucker Punch after the first two girls are released?

Even Loki and Red Skull haven't appeared, they would be profittable.

Hot Toys....
Spock_Finds_You_Illogical_by_densethemoose.jpg

I have this and it's AWESOME!!

Boy, exciting news! I just woke up and I'm incredibly pleased by this Joker news, very happy I am. I haven't been this excited about a figure in quite some time.

I don't have any of the past figures apart from a loose Police Joker but of late I've been watching eBay and felt closer and closer to biting on the BR version for a terrible price, a price I thought I'd never even consider with any figure.

I'm hoping it'll be an update of the purple suit version but really I'd be completely happy with any version with the exception of the nurse outfit, I'd buy that but it's not a favourite look of mine.

I doubt we'll get a Neytiri unless the Jake Sully sells out and everyone asks for another one 3.4 seconds after getting it.

It's sad that many great characters will be overlooked simply because the first in the line didn't break sales records.

Hell, the Tron license disappeared before the first figures were even released how is that for determining if a license is profittable?

What will become of X:FC after Magneto is released? What will happen to Sucker Punch after the first two girls are released?

Even Loki and Red Skull haven't appeared, they would be profittable.

Hot Toys is very Illogical.

Spock_Finds_You_Illogical_by_densethemoose.jpg

I agree with everything you said except the Tron line to a degree, which I'll explain.

I agree they picked the wrong character to release first - should have been Rinzler or CLU hands down. However, imo HT really dropped the ball on the Tron line b/c they failed to represent the most unique aspect of the Tron franchise -> the awesome neon/light up suits that the characters wear. When you think of Tron, that's the 1st thing that comes to mind - and they totally ignored it or glossed over it - which is inexcusable. They could've tried w/a reflective stripe like Medicom did with the DP duo. Heck, even the Walmart Tron figures light up!

Back