Hot Toys's -MMS134 Inglourious Basterds: Col. Hans Landa

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Go Hastings has Aldo Raine for 20% off!

Just picked him up, along with Big Chap Alien, Falconer Predator and 2 Truetypes!!!!!

I'm going through my figures at the moment, re-posing them for the first time in a long time. Looking at Landa now and taking off the hat I see that the hat has left a light black line mark on his forehead. Anyone have the same on theirs? I've had it posed with the hat on ever since it was released, I don't think I've changed it once.

I've tried cleaning the mark off with just a tissue and water and then a tissue with a little soap but still to no good.

EDIT: Blah! The leather jacket is staining the hands where they touch the jacket too. I've got an even darker line (like a graphite pencil) running across both hands.

I don't have a proper camera with me now but later today I will. I'll take some pictures then.

Last edited:
Yeah, it's tough. It's one of my favourite figures, too. The marks aren't heartbreaking though, I'm not feeling crushed here (as I might by other kinds of figure damage), it's just lame is all. The hands I could live with easily, I could pick up another set for a reasonable price and keep using the coat (it doesn't seem to be marking the clothing underneath, just the hands), but the head is pretty irritating, I can't replace that easily.

This was only released in October, just over six months ago now. There are no special weather conditions where I am, and the figures just been standing in a Detolf in a darkened corner all this time, and so I can't imagine I'm the only one who has these marks on their figure, I'm sure some others on here have the same now if they check.

Here are some pictures. It was tough to photograph, particularly the head, but you get the idea. The marks look a little lighter in the photos than in person.

5675090346_b5352a7821_b.jpg

5675091286_b5afbc42b2_b.jpg

But do you have these marks? I don't know why no one has checked their figure yet. Someone must check, I command it. I need companionship in my troubles here.

But do you have these marks? I don't know why no one has checked their figure yet. Someone must check, I command it. I need companionship in my troubles here.

Hey Grosby, I just checked and the jacket has indeed left marks on the hands of mine as well :( Fortunately I had the hat situated so that it was only in contact with the hair of the sculpt and not the forehead, so I dodged that bullet...

Ya i just looked at my one and his right hand got the black mark:(..sculpt is fine, but there is nothing on the inside of the hat that i can see that's black and that's touching the sculpt, how would yours have got that mark then?

I'm not sure how the hat is making a mark... the black rim is covered with some fabric material.

I see, I see, so it's just not just me.

The black on the head of mine came from the the peak of the cap, I believe. It's not quite a line, it's like an E shaped splodge. Maybe it was the way I'd curved the peak or maybe the way I'd had the hat pulled down, but I'm pretty sure it was the underside of the peak that did it.

I bought the HT Landa a few weeks ago. I just checked and he has the stain from the coat on his hands. So it doesn't take months to appear, only weeks.

There's no stain on his head. The bottom of the hat didn't go past his hair line.

I still have no stains. Could it have anything to do with weather? Where do you guys live? I'm in San Francisco.

I live in So Cal, but I'm not thinking it's a weather issue.

I live in Jersey...have the same issue on the right hand...probably because of cheap dye...im just glad the sculpt is ok i can live with the hand the face would be another story...I feel bad for anyone that happened to :(

That's just me at the moment, it seems... I don't feel that bad about it though - I'd like to get the head problem fixed but it doesn't bother me that much unless I think about what it means for if I want to sell it later on. What bothers me most right now I think is just that now I don't feel I can use the coat or hat anymore. That's pretty annoying. I could pick up a similar hat though, I realise, but that isn't an option I'd like to take.

If the coat is only staining the hands, and not the outfit underneath or anything (is anyone worried about the potential of that? I see no signs of that on mine), the answer to that seems to be to just pick up a set of spare hands and have one set for ruining and one set to store away. If you move your figure just slightly, you'll get a new stain line on your hand, adjust it again and it's another. Or maybe another option is to line the inside of the arm of the jacket so that it can't touch the hands.

Lamemodem above says he just bought his weeks ago and it has the issue and so it seems it doesn't take long at all to happen. If he bought it new it couldn't have happened in the box because the figure is not shipped wearing the jacket.

That's just me at the moment, it seems... I don't feel that bad about it though - I'd like to get the head problem fixed but it doesn't bother me that much unless I think about what it means for if I want to sell it later on. What bothers me most right now I think is just that now I don't feel I can use the coat or hat anymore. That's pretty annoying. I could pick up a similar hat though, I realise, but that isn't an option I'd like to take.

If the coat is only staining the hands, and not the outfit underneath or anything (is anyone worried about the potential of that? I see no signs of that on mine), the answer to that seems to be to just pick up a set of spare hands and have one set for ruining and one set to store away. If you move your figure just slightly, you'll get a new stain line on your hand, adjust it again and it's another. Or maybe another option is to line the inside of the arm of the jacket so that it can't touch the hands.

Lamemodem above says he just bought his weeks ago and it has the issue and so it seems it doesn't take long at all to happen. If he bought it new it couldn't have happened in the box because the figure is not shipped wearing the jacket.

Since I have it displayed holding the pipe it doesn't matter to me that the hand is stained and you can't see it, if I wanted to sell it I would buy a set of new hands and all would be good. The problem that I see with it, is yours has staining on the sculpt, which is not as easily or cheaply fixed and is the main selling point of any of these pieces. The leather of the coat seems to be the same as the T-800 and I checked and no staining on Arnolds hands so something in their process has changed, and is affecting their stuff.

It was mint in the box from Monkey Depot.

Ive had my Landa jacket sitting in the original tray.. and it has left black marks on the white plastic.

Best thing to do for prevention sake IMO is line the hat with cloth tape and use random TT hands and keep the real ones off him. I think the lining on the inside of the coat should prevent the jacket from staining his uniform

Back