Hot Toys's -MMS134 Inglourious Basterds: Col. Hans Landa

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't see how the hat could be staining his head. Is it from the brownish cloth lined inside? I don't think it could be the black rim since it doesn't even touch his head and there is some sort of guaze-like lining on it.

Time for a boost now that Hot Toys has announced the X-MEN First Class license.

And while this thread has little to do with X-Men, it has a great deal to do with Michael Fassbender playing Magneto and that we can anticipate a great sculpt of him that can be used to itbash an awesome Lt. Archie Hicox figure.

I know I've already started trying to source German uniforms, I think Hicox was impersonating a Captain.

I have only two gripes with this figure:

1) The nose throws the whole resemblence off, and
2) They should have made him with a mischievous or devilish expression instead of the glaring one. He spent most of the movie with a wolf in sheep's smile on his face. It would have captured the character much better imo.

Othere than that - this is an awesome figure.

I was planning to pick up Landa for the longest time, but with all these Pirates releases, plus Alice from RE, I think Landa may have to wait for awhile or I may just never get him :(

I was planning to pick up Landa for the longest time, but with all these Pirates releases, plus Alice from RE, I think Landa may have to wait for awhile or I may just never get him :(

He was my favorite character from the movie and I was super excited to get him, but HT just dropped the ball too much on his sculpt so I am probably passing on this one as well. :gah::dunno

He was my favorite character from the movie and I was super excited to get him, but HT just dropped the ball too much on his sculpt so I am probably passing on this one as well. :gah::dunno

Ya a smirk would have been nice ..but the likeness is fantastic imo and it look's great inhand.

DiD's 'Hans' has an alternate smirk hs, and in my opinion, is a better sculpt than the HT one. Cheaper too.
226900_10150180411879823_297119739822_7057165_1297613_n.jpg

Hrm... that comparison is bad. The angle is wrong and it's a prototype photo. The production sculpt came out better.

Still, HT's proto pic has more of his facial features.

Since when have the gloves been staining him? They're white.

The stains I seems to have avoided... so I've been cool with it.

Is Landa even still worth getting considering that the coats/gloves have been staining him?

Don't know if anyone else had the issue with the hat that Grosby had, but staining around the cuffs is one thing - staining on the head is a real downer.

Back