Hot Toys's -MMS134 Inglourious Basterds: Col. Hans Landa

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its a cool sculpt, but like others have said, it doesnt capture the character....

inglourious-basterds-19.jpg

hans+landa+collage.jpg

162926_165528773488307_100000935560751_287209_4572901_n_large.jpg

ceb3b586fe63ab6c56aa8accde98401e5fd0eca9_m_large.jpg

I say the DID sculpt looks objectively terrible. I can understand how some may prefer the expression, but as a likeness and as a sculpt I truly cannot fathom how anyone can find DID's acceptable.

And looking at it as just a generic head, I personally would be embarrassed to display it. It's one of the most unappealing heads I've ever seen.

EDIT: I was going to go into more detail but I remembered that I described it earlier in the thread, this still sums it up for me:

I don't think it's a good likeness at all, but forgetting that issue, as just a generic person it looks very weird. It looks sort of like a young actor with poor "old people" make-up applied (of the Winona Ryder in 'Edward Scissorhands' variety), with the strange overabundance of wrinkles under the eyes and the deep-cut creases on the forehead. Something just seems real "off" about it for me. Maybe also the eyes are a little tiny.

I find it really a strange sculpt. The face has the angular/skeletal quality of Viggo Mortensen, and the eyes, the weirdest part, are almost indescribable in their peculiarity - there's something about the eyes that I can't quite put my finger on... They look less like a human's and more like a dog's, or maybe a shark, but not an angry shark but rather a lonely shark that wants desperately to be your friend...

Last edited:
The DID expression is nice but everything around the eyes look terrrible. HT nailed the look and expression of the scene they chose.

Its a cool sculpt, but it doesnt capture the character....

And character isn't a static stalagmite. Everyone has their own opinion on how they wants to see a character on their shelf. No one sayin that DID's version is bad, uninteresting or else and those who seein this character only with his awesome smirk surely will buy it! However there's an objective view - both heads aren't perfect and have a different expression but HT's one looks more natural sculpt and paint wise.

There's some logic, don't you think?

inglourious-basterds.jpg

And character isn't a static stalagmite. Everyone has their own opinion on how they wants to see a character on their shelf. No one sayin that DID's version is bad, uninteresting or else and those who seein this character only with his awesome smirk surely will buy it! However there's an objective view - both heads aren't perfect and have a different expression but HT's one looks more natural sculpt and paint wise.

There's some logic, don't you think?

inglourious-basterds.jpg
yes.. is just a point of view..I will continue too see a more lifelike landa in did's sculpts than Ht lol.

I still think the HT's sculpt on Landa is far more superior than that of DiD's. The only thing that lacks the HT's sculpt was the expression he needed.

Back