1/6 Hot Toys WandaVision Scarlet Witch

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the likeness is excellent, but I would have preferred a more determined (bordering on angry) expression. She was taking down Agatha when she transformed into this, so her serene look doesn't quite fit the circumstances.

She had quite a few angry facial expressions on the show, and if there ever a time to make a hero with a evil face, this would have been a great chance to do so.

Can anyone explain to me how the red eyes work on the figure? I am a bit confused on how the effect works. I also pray they don't change the molded hair sculpt. I prefer how it looks here on the figure vs how it looked on the show.

Thanks

Can anyone explain to me how the red eyes work on the figure? I am a bit confused on how the effect works. I also pray they don't change the molded hair sculpt. I prefer how it looks here on the figure vs how it looked on the show.

Thanks

Think it's like the luminous paint used on IW Thor or Panther version 2 - and they're not making it clear whether you need a black light to see the effect or not. The other issue is longevity of that kind of coating. One of the BP threads had a good explanation of the chemistry - e.g. it may dim in time.

Maybe Thor/BP owners can comment.

Careful now...people might misconstrue your opinion for negative attacks! :lol

I'm just joking...sorta. But yeah, I tend to agree with you. For some reason the likeness doesn't look very strong to me in some photos, but then in others I see it. Could be the tiara sitting lower on her face that's sorta throwing off the likeness...

When I look at this pic- just the face (try to block out the hair), yeah, I absolutely see the actress's likeness here. 100%

wandaonastick.jpg

However The hair sculpt is taxing that likeness more in other angles- to the point where I honestly think the cheap, plastic Marvel Legends figure actually looks more like her in total, than the more highly realistically detailed HT.

wanda compare.jpg

The hair shape definitely changes the impression of the head/face as a whole- and the HT would be improved if it were more of a square framing the head, rather than the typical triangular shape.

wanda hair compare.jpg

Olsen has a flat, wide face- which I thought they already got well on the previous figs (again, the large fiber, uncontrollable pouffy doll hair doesn't do it any favors).

Given the price point, we should have gotten several sculpted hair styles, including one like the Marvel Select, where the hair is blowing out.

Also- that expression. Looks to me a little like frozen surprise. Another area where I think the simplistic Marvel figure has a better take.

*full disclosure- even with all my criticism, I still ended up ordering it, 'cause I absolutely adored the series.
But it certainly could be improved in a number of ways.

When I look at this pic- just the face (try to block out the hair), yeah, I absolutely see the actress's likeness here. 100%

Olsen has a flat, wide face- which I thought they already got well on the previous figs (again, the large fiber, uncontrollable pouffy doll hair doesn't do it any favors).

Given the price point, we should have gotten several sculpted hair styles, including one like the Marvel Select, where the hair is blowing out.

Also- that expression. Looks to me a little like frozen surprise. Another area where I think the simplistic Marvel figure has a better take.

*full disclosure- even with all my criticism, I still ended up ordering it, 'cause I absolutely adored the series.
But it certainly could be improved in a number of ways.

HT goes off concept art and early promo pics, not what they filmed in the late stages. I bet HT sees the show/movie when we see it. A simple scene can change a look, then we are all over HT for nothing they can control up to this point. I don't care what anyone says, HT is far superior to any other company out there and some simple annoyances get out of hand.

I think we'll see some tweaks between now an release. While I'm really happy with this product and will have no problem owning it, it does seem like it was modeled on pre-prod pictures. There's nothing showstopping they can't fix with a few minor adjustments.

And don't forget the pics were leaked early, so they probably had no choice but to show this concept art version of the figure. They might have held off a bit longer otherwise so they could make some changes.

And don't forget the pics were leaked early, so they probably had no choice but to show this concept art version of the figure. They might have held off longer otherwise.

Do you think so? They clearly had these pictures ready to go. I expected them this week tbh.

Do you think so? They clearly had these pictures ready to go. I expected them this week tbh.

Yeah, all the WandaVision merch was revealed at the same time because where was obviously an embargo from Disney. They've had all these photos done and ready for a while. You don't throw that kind of marketing stuff together overnight.

HT goes off concept art and early promo pics, not what they filmed in the late stages. I bet HT sees the show/movie when we see it. A simple scene can change a look, then we are all over HT for nothing they can control up to this point. I don't care what anyone says, HT is far superior to any other company out there and some simple annoyances get out of hand.

158786536_177233357558442_7886353135571683242_n.jpg

I think the head sculpt they chose to do works well. The hair looks similar to the part where they are walking home. So I hope they don't change the mold of the hairstyle since I prefer it more.

Yup. Hot Toys (and all licensees for that matter) are given concept art and most likely photos of the actors in their initial costume fittings.

It's not at all uncommon for things to change during shooting or even during post production.

I think we'll see some tweaks between now an release. While I'm really happy with this product and will have no problem owning it, it does seem like it was modeled on pre-prod pictures. There's nothing showstopping they can't fix with a few minor adjustments.

I agree; it already seems from that Instagram photo that they're repainting it for a better likeness to the scene (the darker lip alone increases the resemblance considerably), and I'd expect any minor changes the outfit got between pre-production and realization will get reflected (e.g., the higher tiara).

The one thing I'd like to see change but have pretty much zero hope of happening is a switch to rooted hair. I definitely recognize the arguments of those who prefer sculpted hair (and some hairstyles that have been rooted in the past, like Black Widow's shorter cuts, very much should have been sculpted) but the kind of wavy, disheveled hair Olsen had in the scene is pretty much made for rooted hair, and I don't know whether they'd be able to capture that in sculpted hair (if they even change the hair from the smoother, pre-production art version). I also don't love the hampering of articulation that long sculpted hair creates. (I may see about picking up an extra headsculpt when the time comes and giving a go at giving it rooted hair, since the tiara seems removable.)

Going by the post count she is going to be a more popular figure than Vision

Back