1/6 Hot Toys WandaVision Scarlet Witch

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sideshow is my last resort but BBTS hiked the price by $15. So you're not really paying just $4 for shipping. Both charge tax so the incentive that comes from either is a double boxing or rewards points and receiving it earlier. I think you benefit more from early receipt plus rewards points rather than just an extra box.
I agree, that's why I went with Sideshow also.

I think if the crown was moved up on the Hot toys Figure's head, and if the head was posed angled upward like in that Elizabeth Olsen picture, it would look a lot closer.

I think Wanda sold out on BBTS...I don’t see it

Oh well ...they always do this and then when they get ther stock in, they put up pre orders

Interesting that Timewalker has no discount on this item. With the short stacks they are getting lately does this mean they are doing away with the discount?

I think if the crown was moved up on the Hot toys Figure's head, and if the head was posed angled upward like in that Elizabeth Olsen picture, it would look a lot closer.

The crown could definitely hide the seams of a separate hair sculpt. But I guess HT is too lazy to get it right :slap
Little things always make a big difference.
a52fb-16149340308174-800.jpg20210309_121333.jpg

Sideshow's final price after reward points is $13 cheaper than BBTS, plus you'll receive it weeks earlier. Not to mention additional discounts from $25 off coupons and free reward points.

Gotta say, I'm with the folks who are not seeing the amazing Olsen resemblance in the promo pics. While the AOU/CW headsculpt definitely wasn't perfect, I do think there's more of a likeness than there is in these pics. I also wish it had rooted hair, as her hair in the actual episode seems made for that look. Preordered it anyway, though (along with Vision), as I loved the show and love the costume.

That said, that Instagram post of the head being painted looked WAY better, so maybe it's not so much an off headsculpt as an off paintjob. (Especially the lips.) Sometimes it's weird how that can happen; I've always hated the TWS/AOU Black Widow headsculpt for looking far more like Natalie Portman than Scarlett Johansson, but when I stripped the paint off a cheap recast to redo, it shocked me how much the unpainted sculpt itself is unmistakably Johansson.

I'm sorry, but this is absolutely Elizabeth Olson in sixth scale form.

158369335_10157878537527344_4165549987933881286_o.jpg

And that thing in the background in this photo is some haunted random porcelain doll.

attachment.php

You take away the costume and the headpiece and you can still absolutely identity who it is. That's a win in my book and more than can be said for a lot of Hot Toys headsculpts.

wandaonastick.jpg

I dunno guys, I'm usually in the camp of saying people are overly critical of likenesses....but I struggle to see how this is the perfect rendition of the Scarlet Witch we saw:

witch.jpg

IMO the hair is wrong, the crown is wrong, the face is off, and even the body choice doesn't suit Olsen's frame. Plus the arm seams really cheapen it and make it look like a Barbie doll. I guess in 2021 we still haven't figured out how to do seamless bodies?

I'd need to see more real life photos before jumping on this...and I really want to love it.

I almost want to stock up on MCU Wanda merch just to send a message to Hollywood/Marvel that it is *okay* to showcase a female character who is unabashedly feminine, completely and hopelessly in love with a *male* (gasp!) willfully *chooses* to create two male (double gasp!) offspring, is deeply flawed but *still totally likable!*

She's the literal anti-Captain Marvel. And guess what, when a character like that is clearly elevated to be the most powerful human in the entire universe *no one cares!*

Hell every single guy in the audience was rooting for Wanda to take Thanos apart singlehandedly but practically cheered when he ***** slapped Carol Danvers right out of the movie, lol.

Well 2022 release..maybe later ..who knows

In other words..HT has a long time to fix things .. we know it?s coming, just like EG Tony hs and remember they fixed EG Steve hs as well

I'm sorry, but this is absolutely Elizabeth Olson in sixth scale form.

158369335_10157878537527344_4165549987933881286_o.jpg

And that thing in the background in this photo is some haunted random porcelain doll.

attachment.php

You take away the costume and the headpiece and you can still absolutely identity who it is. That's a win in my book and more than can be said for a lot of Hot Toys headsculpts.

View attachment 508384

The non crown shot is Olsen IMO

I'm amazed that the consensus is that this is the best Olsen portrait yet.

Love the character. Loved the show. Was anticipating this figure as much as anything the last year. I'm just not feeling it though. Costume looks cool, but I'm not seeing a strong likeness.

It's like Bespin Lando to me all over again.

Careful now...people might misconstrue your opinion for negative attacks! :lol

I'm just joking...sorta. But yeah, I tend to agree with you. For some reason the likeness doesn't look very strong to me in some photos, but then in others I see it. Could be the tiara sitting lower on her face that's sorta throwing off the likeness...

I checked out the full slate of pics at Sideshow. I can live with it from some angles. Not crazy about the expression, but will hope the impression of the figure as a whole is more positive than not once it's in hand.

As far as it being the best portrait, I'd still give the nod to the first Ultron one.
Both that and CW looked fine to me, though they're both hobbled quite a bit by the obvious doll hair.

Just seeing the pic above this post now. Yeah, looks good there. Hair sculpt could stand a little tweaking to boost it, but I could easily live with that portrait assuming the production pieces don't take a Boseman.

Ooooh boy, don't get me started on that one!!! :gah: :rotfl

I think the likeness is excellent, but I would have preferred a more determined (bordering on angry) expression. She was taking down Agatha when she transformed into this, so her serene look doesn't quite fit the circumstances.

Back