1/6 Hot Toys The Matrix - AGENT SMITH

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just saw a video at STGCC 2018 Hot Toys -

Good news: Smith is there

Bad news: still that Red Skull headsculpt, which means they've done nothing with him - no new proto head. I've lost hope...

Just saw a video at STGCC 2018 Hot Toys -

Good news: Smith is there

Bad news: still that Red Skull headsculpt, which means they've done nothing with him - no new proto head. I've lost hope...

images

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

Yeah, that's a little concerning. I would hate for this to be one of those figures that goes unmade.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

They were probably just using this to hype Neo from the start. They literally had no investment in it. Already had the hs and just grabbed a stock black suit and threw it all on a body. They probably knew people might balk at at one and done approach to The Matrix.

Eh, I'd like Agent Smith, but Neo on his own is a good enough representation of of the films imo.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

They were probably just using this to hype Neo from the start. They literally had no investment in it. Already had the hs and just grabbed a stock black suit and threw it all on a body. They probably knew people might balk at at one and done approach to The Matrix.

He at least has the little earpiece thing right? That takes the smallest amount of effort at least.

I like to have some sort of counterpart character or villain with this type of figure.

Just Neo... likely a cancelation for me.

I'm tiring of HT's tricks to get you to buy. This Neo will be around for years. I can always pick him up, probably for less, down the road if his nemesis actually gets made.

I agree about having a counterpart figure. A majority of my displays include the pro and antagonists figures, if available. That's why I had made a custom Smith for my custom (sequels) Neo.

I'll definitely be keeping my HT Neo pre-order, as it is from the original film, but it would definitely suck if Hot Toys is playing their little games with Smith...

I can live without a Smith....

Do I want to? No...but Neo alone is better than nothing. Its not like Marty without Doc, or 1 Ghostbuster.....

Morpheus would be great also...

So if you could only have one of them....

What would you choose

Morpheus
Trinity
Smith

Or the woman in the red dress?
BOwI.gif

Smith may be the least interesting on the shelf of the ones you mentioned, but he's just such a great character and villain... I really want him next to Neo.

If I had to pick just one I'd go with Smith, although having a Lobby scene Trinity would be great to have as a second choice. I really hope they give us some more.

Not sure what to make of this.

Pro: They continue to display it at shows.

Con: It's a sloppy custom for Hot Toys.

Perhaps they are waiting on sales numbers for Neo before moving foward with an official Smith?

Love that purple light. They look great together. Really hope Smith gets released... but I have doubts.

Unless the tariff war keeps HT offering slimmed-down simple figures with little accessories for low prices -- like Bespin Leia. Then Smith will fit right in to that model.

That suit looks thick....

The fact that they are still showing it is a good sign, at least.

I am very anxious to see the final prototype for this and Crait Luke. Definitely my most anticipated pre orders.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

The more I look at it the more I see a sales prop for Neo.

I mean, its the worst HT bash ever on display -- reuse head, incorrect suit thrown on (Coulson?), he isn't even shown with his signature weapon -- which they could easily get.

The fact that this is the 3rd or 4th show without any improvements doesn't instill me with confidence.

The more I look at it the more I see a sales prop for Neo.

I mean, its the worst HT bash ever on display -- reuse head, incorrect suit thrown on (Coulson?), he isn't even shown with his signature weapon -- which they could easily get.

The fact that this is the 3rd or 4th show without any improvements doesn't instill me with confidence.

I don't think that's the Coulson suit. The lapels have a curve to them that neither Coulson's nor Alfred's suit have and is actually close to Smith's jacket in The Matrix (aside from the stark black color and the cut). Pockets are different, too. Not sure where it comes from.

Back