FISH-BONE TOYS - FB-Z007: 1/6 Matrix Agent-Smith Action Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FlyAndFight

©Fly, All rights reserved
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Saw this one posted at BBICN. The head sculpt looks pretty good but the outfit seems a bit unpolished. Quite a bare-bone release...

If the price is low enough, I can see multiples of these fighting Neo, for a cool display.

121452gdzvjte5dx2nzjky.jpg
121447aq0ft4czpypk40qc.jpg
121448jjkh5sr5a6ngchpp.jpg
121451smujur9ugrgtmstr.jpg

Sculpt looks like a recast of the Inigo sculpt.

As for quality, I've heard mixed things about Fishbone figures. One person called the Fishbone V of Vendetta the worst 3rd Party figure they've owned. Other's have said it's ok for the price. Take that for what you will when deciding on to order or not

Man in a black suit has to be one of the simplest figures to make.

That said, I don't trust fish bone and won't PO.
true. But at the same time, incredibly easy to mess up b/c the suit is the only other real focus outside of the headsculpt.

V's outfit isn't that complicated either. Entirely black costume and cape with a single zipper closure at the front. If they'd screwed that up, a 2 piece suit might be pretty difficult for them to actually produce as well. The good thing here is that there's no shortage of pretty good quality 3rd party black suits like those from Pop Toys

Sculpt looks like a recast of the Inigo sculpt.

As for quality, I've heard mixed things about Fishbone figures. One person called the Fishbone V of Vendetta the worst 3rd Party figure they've owned. Other's have said it's ok for the price. Take that for what you will when deciding on to order or not
The V for Vendetta figure is good. It's just a guy in a mask. Don't know what else they expected if they think it's bad

The V for Vendetta figure is good. It's just a guy in a mask. Don't know what else they expected if they think it's bad
Given the fairly simple look, there's more to scrutinize. If I wanted to be picky based on images I've seen: the wig could be better, the front zipper is a little oversized for the scale, the black shirt is missing the herringbone pattern to the fabric, the cape doesn't drape well enough when fully covering him, and not enough gloved hand options. From what I've heard (and seen), the two ToysPower versions were better. But, with the Fishbone figure being the only version currently available, can't really complain I guess if you're in dire need for a V for Vendetta figure.

Given the fairly simple look, there's more to scrutinize. If I wanted to be picky based on images I've seen: the wig could be better, the front zipper is a little oversized for the scale, the black shirt is missing the herringbone pattern to the fabric, the cape doesn't drape well enough when fully covering him, and not enough gloved hand options. From what I've heard (and seen), the two ToysPower versions were better. But, with the Fishbone figure being the only version currently available, can't really complain I guess if you're in dire need for a V for Vendetta figure.
It's a third party figure, for the price it's good. I don't expect Hot Toys quality from fishbone toys

I desperately need an Agent Smith to complete my very solid Matrix display. But I haven't been wow'd by any attempt so far. I do hope this one will satisfy me.

It's a third party figure, for the price it's good. I don't expect Hot Toys quality from fishbone toys
I don’t think saying “it’s a 3rd party figure” is a good excuse for lower quality any more these days though. You have MarsToys, DafToys, YanToys, LimToys, SooSooToys and other 3rd Party companies putting out phenomenal products that are nearly HT quality (typically only really lacking in production headsculpt paint quality) and overall better than the two releases from Fishbone are but at a comparable price to them.

A third party figure today- in relation to Hot Toys- just means I expect it to be far more affordable and not a main character from Marvel or Star Wars.

Anyone ever owned one of PopToys Last Samurai figures? HT couldn't dream of competing with that Katsumoto.

Third parties can put as much or as little effort in as they wish and price appropriately whereas HT have to kind of toe the line while making small, gradual improvements and disproportionate price jumps.

Hot Toys may never release that Agent Smith they showed at one of the Cons many years ago.

I may have to go with this 3rd party - tempted to get 3 figures

Pose the “real” Agent Smith in front (without glasses) and 2 behind him with the glasses

Looks pretty good but already have the Toys Works version.

Was that figure undersized?

I was looking into a PO of that figure a few years ago but passed in hopes that Hot Toys would eventually release Agent Smith. Bad gamble.

You could use the Fish Bone to army build Agents. :lol

Was that figure undersized?

I was looking into a PO of that figure a few years ago but passed in hopes that Hot Toys would eventually release Agent Smith. Bad gamble.

You could use the Fish Bone to army build Agents. :lol

The Toy Works "Transcender" Agent Smith is actually pretty good. I ended up picking one up and then built two more from loose parts. Size seemed fine.

This one from Fish-Bone interests me most for the head sculpt.

Back