Hot Toys: The Avengers: Mark VI Limited Edition Collectible Figurine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys: The Avengers: Mark VI Limited Edition Collectible Figurine

so guess not getting promo edition crappy stand oh well but still glad to see specs and can hopefully pick up sometime ...lets see price doesnt come with much so 199 bob barker is my bid.....

With all the disappointment in the air, guess its time to start:

Poll: 1/6 Who's buying the new Hot Toys: The Avengers - Mark VI Limited Edition? :lol

Pretty much already displayed on my shelf...MKVI w/ MKIV head sculpt.

I guess I could switch it with my Mech Test Tony & make it 17 pieces worldwide. ;)

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

Wow... I never thought HT was going to jump the shark so soon...
disappointing...
Where are Jake Sully, Sam Flynn with Bike, Smooth Criminal MJ. etc... :dunno

And the milking continues :lol

No kidding!!

I.....I want that base....:monkey2

Just get the Kevin Flynn one and change the plate... it would be easier...

They are re-issue headsculpts, no reason for these to go for special money on ebay :dunno

Yep, that's the first thing I noticed...
it's like HT isn't even trying anymore...

EB version will be better.
:lol

calvin-boring.gif

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

I think HT has officially jumped the shark with this one...

Luckily I don't have any interest in multiples and the new re-releases are so close to the originals that the jump in quality is not as monumental as when its been a few years.

So money save and ready for the next over-priced figure I do want to buy :lol

So the Joint Promo is the Mark VI with the Mech Test Head and a light up base. The Movie Promo is sort of a con exclusivish kind of thing (I'm sure SSC will import some) with the Mark IV head on the VI body, an Avengers base with no BD parts. Both look to be repainted to take away the subtle dings and scratches that the original had except by the legs.

That's it in a nutshell right?

:lecture

Sounds like that's it to me.

Not too concerned about this...Already have 2 MARK VI figures from IM2, one displayed battle-damaged, and one with the clean panels and an extra MARK IV Tony sculpt I got from Ebay...so aside from this being a bit 'cleaner' without the dings, I pretty much have this figure already...so don't really need to care about it. :monkey1

Besides, the one with the light-up Avengers stand is limited to only 16, so there's no way I'd score that!

I'm betting this sucker is a bash of Mark IV and Mark VI parts. Legs/Arms from the former, Torso from the latter. If anyone thought the original Mark VI felt 'cheap', my bet is this one feels sturdy like the Mark IV.

There's a lot of hate for this on their Facebook page, and I see it's continuing here. I don't get it? If you don't like it,don't buy it. There's no use in complaining,Hot Toys won't listen. I'm not buying any different Avenger version of Cap,Iron Man,Thor or Black Widow because I have them in one way or the other. The only Avengers I'm getting are the ones that aren't a figure already, Fury,Hawkeye and Hulk.

:exactly: :goodpost:

I only believe of having one of each character, not 20 different versions of the same one unless you're a huge fan of that particular one. And the antagonizing sarcasm from some are unbelievable. They need to chill and play nice otherwise go somewhere else and play by yourself :pigfly:

:exactly: :goodpost:

I only believe of having one of each character, not 20 different versions of the same one unless you're a huge fan of that particular one. And the antagonizing sarcasm from some are unbelievable. They need to chill and play nice otherwise go somewhere else and play by yourself :pigfly:

For me, it really depends on how you plan to display everything. For instance, I will have 2 Thor's and maybe 3 Cap's (I plan to display the THOR movie Thor, Odin and Loki on one shelf, and Avengers THOR with the rest of the Avengers team...Same thing with Cap, Cap movie Hero and USO with Red Skull, Avengers Cap with the rest of the team)

I do have to admit that I have gotten caught up in all the Iron Man Mark releases, so I 'may' have too many Iron Man's on the shelf...if you really can have too many. Pass on the Avengers Mark VI though since I have the IM2 Mark VI. In for the Mark VII though! :hi5:

catsleep.gif

Why would they advertise a figure with an edition size of 16? It's like kicking their loyal fans in the d!ck.
Want it?
To bad can't have it.
Before I started buying HT I read on the boards here so many peeps speaking with such authority and certainty that HT knows better then to reissue or redo popular figures. They wouldn't do that to their fans.
:)
So when I see HT releasing figures that are $300 + at initial retail I just laugh. A fool and their money are soon parted.

Why would they advertise a figure with an edition size of 16? It's like kicking their loyal fans in the d!ck.
Want it?
To bad can't have it.
Before I started buying HT I read on the boards here so many peeps speaking with such authority and certainty that HT knows better then to reissue or redo popular figures. They wouldn't do that to their fans.
:)
So when I see HT releasing figures that are $300 + at initial retail I just laugh. A fool and their money are soon parted.

:exactly::goodpost:

Okay, I'm confused. I am thinking about getting a IM with his suit from the Avengers. Is this the suit that he will be wearing in the Avengers?

I know there's subtle differences, and am just wondering.

553297_10150712541549720_509579719_9149422_322704955_n.jpg

Back