Hot Toys: The Avengers: Mark VI Limited Edition Collectible Figurine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With the DC coming out, I'll set my IM2 VI up as the battle damaged version. I can't justify buying the exact same figure twice so I've never been able to have clean and battle damaged before.

With the DC coming out, I'll set my IM2 VI up as the battle damaged version. I can't justify buying the exact same figure twice so I've never been able to have clean and battle damaged before.

I wouldn't call it "exactly the same figure".

I wouldn't call it "exactly the same figure".

I'd class the IM2, Avengers and re-issue the same...it's the same molds which is justification enough for me. Paint jobs, head sculpts might vary, but there's no re-enginneering of the armour going on.

I'd class the IM2, Avengers and re-issue the same...it's the same molds which is justification enough for me. Paint jobs, head sculpts might vary, but there's no re-enginneering of the armour going on.

I think the DC VI is going to be a completely reengineered figure, IM2 and Avengers VI is the same figure design wise.

I think the DC VI is going to be a completely reengineered figure, IM2 and Avengers VI is the same figure design wise.
I agree with this.

The old VI aren't a bad buy. I just wouldn't price them over $240 or around that price point.

I wouldn't be surprised if it goes down lower in value considering how the DC VI is wayyyyyyy way better for pretty much the same Mark.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

i definitely agree with that.

plus.. isn't it the case that they can't use the same molds for both diecast and plastic? .. so, they'd have to make all new molds for the diecast parts.

not only that but the paint job is different, the accessories are different, there's going to be a new helmeted head sculpt, and this version is probably going to have more up to date articulation.

i'm way excited to have this and the upcoming diecast war machine. sort of makes me a little glad that i didn't get into buying these figures until the mark VII was released. .. and hopefully they do that one was well.

Been searching forever to find this for a price and condition I was happy with. Ended up actually winning this BNIB on the bay for just about $230 shipped. I was extremely excited but also nervous, as I know that's not what any seller wants for this.

3 days passed with no communication from the seller then, surprise surprise, he/she canceled the order and refunded my money citing the "out of stock or damaged item" reason.

Am I out of line to be mad that the seller didn't follow through on the sale because they didn't get the price they wanted? I'm on the verge of leaving negative feedback, if anything because the seller was in contact with me prior to the sale, then went dark after the auction.

Super disappointed to say the least...

Been searching forever to find this for a price and condition I was happy with. Ended up actually winning this BNIB on the bay for just about $230 shipped. I was extremely excited but also nervous, as I know that's not what any seller wants for this.

3 days passed with no communication from the seller then, surprise surprise, he/she canceled the order and refunded my money citing the "out of stock or damaged item" reason.

Am I out of line to be mad that the seller didn't follow through on the sale because they didn't get the price they wanted? I'm on the verge of leaving negative feedback, if anything because the seller was in contact with me prior to the sale, then went dark after the auction.

Super disappointed to say the least...

That's a really s*****y thing of them to do, and while the West may not have caught up yet around $230-250 is what this figure is going for on the Asian aftermarket with the Diecast version incoming.

I would definitely leave negative feedback and also try to contact ebay too and try to get that seller banned from ebay. Anyone who pulls that crap deserves to be banned on ebay. If they wanted the auction to end at a minimum amount then they needed to start the auction at that price or set a reserve. Ebay put those options in there for a reason. When people pull this crap, it is technically fraud.

That's a really s*****y thing of them to do, and while the West may not have caught up yet around $230-250 is what this figure is going for on the Asian aftermarket with the Diecast version incoming.

Yeah, most people seem to want around $400 even after the DC announcement. To me, an auction is a great indicator for what the actual moving price of an item is. Not complaining, I've been patient for a long time and people can charge whatever they want. I'm okay if I never end up with this version.

Like you said though, it's a super s***** thing to do.

I would definitely leave negative feedback and also try to contact ebay too and try to get that seller banned from ebay. Anyone who pulls that crap deserves to be banned on ebay. If they wanted the auction to end at a minimum amount then they needed to start the auction at that price or set a reserve. Ebay put those options in there for a reason. When people pull this crap, it is technically fraud.

Yeah exactly! Put in a reserve or higher starting price, that's what it's there for.

I definitely left negative feedback. I don't like doing it though. This person had 150+ sales with 100% feedback, so I wanted to hear something from them before leaving negative or possibly neutral feedback (since they did at least refund me without making me go through the resolution process). What's funny is that after I left the negative feedback and saw the updated seller rating, it had plummeted to 89% becase 4 other people experienced the same thing the same day as me.

Chances of selling on ebay wrecked in 1 day :lol

Been almost 2 years since I joined SSF (after ~1 year of lurking). Pretty sure one of my first posts ever was in this thread. Seems fitting that my 1,000th post would coincide with my grail pick-up. Couldn't be any happier to finally add this to the collection!

Apologies for not having a fancy camera and proper lighting and all that to properly reflect how excited I am, but wanted to share anyway!

To the next 1,000 posts and the next grail! Thanks for letting me share freaks! :duff:

IMG_20171010_132700.jpg

2017-10-10 13.23.03.jpg

2017-10-10 13.25.33.jpg

Been almost 2 years since I joined SSF (after ~1 year of lurking). Pretty sure one of my first posts ever was in this thread. Seems fitting that my 1,000th post would coincide with my grail pick-up. Couldn't be any happier to finally add this to the collection!

Apologies for not having a fancy camera and proper lighting and all that to properly reflect how excited I am, but wanted to share anyway!

To the next 1,000 posts and the next grail! Thanks for letting me share freaks! :duff:

View attachment 370860

View attachment 370861

View attachment 370862

Such a great armor. My fav of all of them. Congrats bud. :clap

Wow, amazing photos Sogs :) That is still one really awesome figure

Also congrats on 1000 posts :clap

Thanks Brainiac that means a ton coming from you considering the amazing pics you post!

Such a great armor. My fav of all of them. Congrats bud. :clap

Thanks ZombieGuy13!

Agreed with both of you. Still an amazing figure! Makes me that much more excited for the DC version.

View attachment 370860

View attachment 370861

View attachment 370862

Wow, nice pictures (looks like a good camera was used). What camera did you use?

Back