Hot toys Shanghai grand opening photo catch all

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There wasn't going to be much in the way of tooling added to this figure. It's cheaper then the iron legion figure. It's only 9 dollars more then the original mk4.

As for pop up store...this isn't one. This is like secret base. It's a permanent store front.

And when the mk4 first went up for sale it was shown with nothing more then what this one has, except a second base. It didn't have the stark head or the other stuff. That was added on later.

When it first went up for PO this is what was advertised.

image.jpeg

There wasn't going to be much in the way of tooling added to this figure. It's cheaper then the iron legion figure. It's only 9 dollars more then the original mk4.

As for pop up store...this isn't one. This is like secret base. It's a permanent store front.

And when the mk4 first went up for sale it was shown with nothing more then what this one has, except a second base. It didn't have the stark head or the other stuff. That was added on later.

When it first went up for PO this is what was advertised.

View attachment 270956

To be fair, the photo does say that a new stark head would be included.

If I wanted to add a MkIV to my MkIII, for a HoA look, I wouldn't say no to that if I could get one for around 200US... That would be a steal considering my III cost over 100 more than that, and it just poses vanilla upright the whole time (honestly, you'd be hard pushed to justify over a 100 just for the diecast if they are posed as empty suits on display)

I don't need one though (the VI and VII are at least a little more different to put next to the III) ... if I was going action I'd be looking more at the 45 or 46..

To be fair, the photo does say that a new stark head would be included.

Very true. But no one knew what it would look like. Remember back then hot toys was not near what it is now. So you where really just buying based off the suit and stands and if the head was good then that was a bonus. It turned out they did a few more things and then the gantry as well. But when the original mk4 went up what they where advertising was not much more then what this new version had. And the price was nearly identical.

I'm just trying to give folks a bit on context so they can see things how maybe hot toys does.

Looks good, but is it me, the perspective of the pics, or is the head a bit thin on the old/reissue MKVI? I am claiming no expertise on what it should look like but this does make me wonder what could be improved upon in a new Die cast version besides just metal parts? Looking at my Diecast Mark III and comparing it to the original Mark III I think they made lots of improvements. I would hope they would do the same with a Mark VI or any "new" diecast version of a previously released figure.

Back