1/6 Hot Toys - MMS357 - Avengers: AoU - Scarlet Witch (New Avengers Ver.) Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS - Avengers: AoU - Scarlet Witch (New Avengers Version) Figure

So, I'm a little confused. Does this mean no Civil War version of Wanda? As much as I dig this version, I'm into the CW one just a little bit more.

This IS the Civil War version… someone just titled the thread wrong.

It is also an instant buy :clap

Re: Hot Toys - MMS - Avengers: AoU - Scarlet Witch (New Avengers Version) Figure

So, I'm a little confused. Does this mean no Civil War version of Wanda? As much as I dig this version, I'm into the CW one just a little bit more.

I just notice the title and stand after your comment. I just assumed it was from the CW line.

It is the AoU version from the very end. Her CW jacket is slightly different and she has red gloves instead of the black gauntlets.

YES!!!! and I am very happy about this!!!! I think the AOU version is a better version of the costume. I am going to PO this as soon as it possible to do so.

Maybe we will get a Civil War version in this outfit...
captain-amerca-civil-war-scarlet-witch-05.jpg
It's not for me, but I can image some people might like it, and it may turn out that is what she wears for most of the film.

I don't have AOU handy, but I just rewatched CW trailer and I noticed: Is Wanda missing her necklace here? She certainly has one in the CW trailer...Did she not have one at the end of AOU?

It is the AoU version from the very end. Her CW jacket is slightly different and she has red gloves instead of the black gauntlets.

THIS! Also her civil war version does not have those layers around the waist. Also her new jacket doesn't seem to be a zip-up like the avengers ver.

I believe that is her civvies in the Africa scenes I believe. I tried to see her outfit at the airport fight but I didn't see a clean shot of her outfit. It certainly looks like the same or close to the same, but I cannot tell...

Either way, aside from my concerns on posability, I am sold!

THIS! Also her civil war version does not have those layers around the waist. Also her new jacket doesn't seem to be a zip-up like the avengers ver.

The Russo brothers who are doing CW, and also did WS, tend to make the costumes more "real world" and Joss Whedon tends to present the costumes in a more classic superhero way. It's subtle but noticeable if you are looking. I like AOU Cap better for the superhero look because the Russo brothers removed a lot of the color from the costume for Cap to fit the more "grounded" aesthetic of their film. I think you can see this trend in all the costumes, but when it comes to collecting figures my preferences for which way I like it depends on the character. I like AOU Joss Whedon influenced Cap, but I prefer a Russo brothers Black Widow (which is more spy than superhero and why I will be choosing between WS and CW Black Widows).

Anyway, I think when it comes to Scarlet Witch the Russo brothers toned down and simplified the costume in CW from what we see at the end of AOU to better fit CW's more "grounded" aesthetic. I'm fine with that choice in the context of the movie, but I am glad to get the more elaborate version of Joss Whedon's AOU Scarlet Witch costume when it comes to getting this figure.

This is her suit from CW, more clear than the trailer, her jacket/coat has more simple design

tumblr_nz1s83n9fc1ufpbxvo1_500.jpg

From Hot toys Official page @ facebook btw

1462562_10153213260147344_4174168860749882305_o.jpg

yeah, I probably will choose the new avengers version rather than the Civil War one, although I wish they could make her expression more soft like on the AoU ending

one can wish lol

the paint on this one is quite an upgrade though IMO, here is her previous version, also showed at Toysoul

12391329_511802699007475_6970141843923163552_n.jpg

I will be getting both AOU versions
then I will see for CW
soooooooooooooooooo excited right now

My only issue is that this will look odd next to Pietros more civilian clothes.

Hm maybe if I get this version, I won't have to bother w Pietro haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I probably will get her...funds permitting, of course...Damn! She looks good! I really like that Thor-esque jacket!
The boots does look like no ankle articulation ala BW & MH....sigh...

Oh, wow! I really wasn't expecting to see this when I logged in today. What a great surprise! Definitely the version I liked the most from AoU. And the head sculpt is brilliant.

But its still kind of hard to decide if I should wait for the Civil War version to be made. I really like the simple, clean style in the picture from CW posted above. I might just end up getting both.

Back