Hot Toys - MMS157- Sucker Punch: Babydoll

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wow really? i never knew that. Well i must have been one of the lucky ones :) that hair looks a nightmare to get just right though i've not gone anywhere near it yet haha

wow really? i never knew that. Well i must have been one of the lucky ones :) that hair looks a nightmare to get just right though i've not gone anywhere near it yet haha

the last image is of my one.
I dipped the entire head in a cup of boiling water, dabbed most of the hair dry with some kitchen towels, then sat it back on the body. With it back in place, i styled the hair to the way i wanted then let it dry naturally.

Yeah i think that's what i'll do with the hair when i get chance really looks good & major improvement.
I think cos they put the plastic around her head & hair in the box to protect it it creates a little static electricity as it sticks to her head so bad when you first get her out. I just dabbed the hair with some water to take it away

Yeah i think that's what i'll do with the hair when i get chance really looks good & major improvement.
I think cos they put the plastic around her head & hair in the box to protect it it creates a little static electricity as it sticks to her head so bad when you first get her out. I just dabbed the hair with some water to take it away

It's a beautiful sculpt. Not 100% accurate to the movie, but taken overall, the figure is lovely.
I have her standing on my "girlies" shelf...

Yeah i'm pretty happy with her :) That Happy i saw a shop heavily discounted Amber for £79 so grabbed her last night she should be here on Monday, Cant believe i got 2 Sucker punch girls for only £180 best purchases this year :) Im gonna look into making some of the Nazi Soldiers from the movie just gotta find some good outfits & masks

Yeah i'm pretty happy with her :) That Happy i saw a shop heavily discounted Amber for £79 so grabbed her last night she should be here on Monday, Cant believe i got 2 Sucker punch girls for only £180 best purchases this year :) Im gonna look into making some of the Nazi Soldiers from the movie just gotta find some good outfits & masks

Very good. Good score with Amber. I bought four of Amber when she first came out, from guys i deal with in the states, and flipped them for about a £50 profit each on Ebay UK.
If only i had done that with Babydoll when she was only £100.
:rotfl

Great profit there, I think the only time i made any profit was when i sold my entire collection of the HT Terminator Salvation line, I had every figure they made & ended up with about £1500 for it all. Dunno what it is lately but i never make a good deal no more on ebay for some rare figures. it doesnt help HT keep re-releasing stuff :gah:

Great profit there, I think the only time i made any profit was when i sold my entire collection of the HT Terminator Salvation line, I had every figure they made & ended up with about £1500 for it all. Dunno what it is lately but i never make a good deal no more on ebay for some rare figures. it doesnt help HT keep re-releasing stuff :gah:

Remember that you will always make more money selling in the better weather.
It's a psychological thing. People are less likely to "waste" extra cash in the winter time. In the summer, when you don't have to pay for central heating and get better mileage with your car due to the heater drawing less amps from the battery, you have a bit more spare cash and will spend more on Ebay.
I made close to £7000 between june and october last year selling on Ebay, but have hardly sold anything in the last couple of months.
Summer dollars get spent more readily than winter dollars...
Try not to sell in the winter. The summer time is always a better time to sell, lol.

There's some truth to that for sure. I sold a GIJoe Con Piper figure last June, on ebay, for $305.00 Sold the same figure in Jan for $250.00.

What was the actual name of the big mech robot that amber is in? was it the mech-bunny? I cant find any good pics of it online, trying to get the scale of it to the girls to see if it could be custom made as ive not seen anything like that in 1/6 scale.

Is hazard a guess for it to be just under 30" at 1/6.

Sucker+Punch+Poster.jpg

yeah Barry i thought about 30" when i measured babydolls height in a shot from the movie. looks to be about 3 times her height

Longtime lurker, but thought I'd sign up to actually share in this thread - hardly the greatest photography, but here's Babydoll & gnarly friend.

8652859402_609a8782d3_b.jpg

8651759071_5b2a1e21f5_b.jpg

8651758925_c072c4a985_b.jpg

8651758821_e27fd2e4d2_b.jpg

8651758729_2960639ff2_b.jpg

8652858810_503c576813_b.jpg

Cheers. No, no touchup on the paint at all - so some combination of natural lighting & poor photography has obviously done wonders for it :D

Definitely one of those sculpts which I found to be better seen in person than any photography seems to capture.

I did do some minor fiddling to the hair, but nothing advanced; I simply used some non-greasy hair wax on the bangs, and a little on the bunches (as well as wetting them initially). It's stayed like that perfectly well since, and that was months and months ago. I'm afraid I can't remember the brand.

Just a few questions, what stand did everyone's Baby Doll come with? I got the crotch forks, but it seems the waist ring would have worked better, I bought mine second hand (was suppose to never been removed from the box) so I'm wondering if a switch happened. I got the hair parted in the center version, and I've looked everywhere for those eyelashes, where can they be found or ordered?

Back