Hot Toys-MMS116:IRON MAN- Tony Stark (Mech Test Version) spec + pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wanted this figure really badly until I got the IM3 version in hand. Thats enough for me, if I come across this at a good price, possibly, but damn if the IM3 version isn't incredible.

I wanted this figure really badly until I got the IM3 version in hand. Thats enough for me, if I come across this at a good price, possibly, but damn if the IM3 version isn't incredible.

That's what I want to hear! Thank you for this. Further supports my decision to jump on the IM3 version before the price skyrockets in the secondary market. I love the whole 'suit not complete' look but the 'suit complete but not assembled' look works as well!

That's what I want to hear! Thank you for this. Further supports my decision to jump on the IM3 version before the price skyrockets in the secondary market. I love the whole 'suit not complete' look but the 'suit complete but not assembled' look works as well!

Well if you've got the Mark II AU, you can still throw those pieces on IM3 Tony and boom, both looks at the price of JUST the original Mech Test set on eBay.

im in the same boat as you! now i have the IM3 one im happy. Dont really want spend the money to get the first one just to have both.

How do the mechanical arm things come off? I see the hinges but no latches to pop them off. Thanks.

Recieved a bloody big box yesterday from fellow board member The_One ( Thanks Lee! ) which contained my Tony and I think it's an amazing set.

There's so many options for how to display the figure and I haven't yet made up my mind how to set it up.

There's very small metal c-clips that hold the arm and leg pieces closed.
Pardon me but i don't have any choice... I've been meaning to post this 2014-01-31_06.37.57[1].jpg I've just got this from eBay and found myself dumbfounded not to find any miniscule metal c-clips on mine. I don't want to try prying it open since it's made of flimsy plastic. There's no doubt I'm going to break it in doing so. So any alternatives?

It's strange that i didn't see any c-clips...

Thanks!

The arm was not intended to separate at the hinge. ( the C clips are on the boots) The arm piece opens like hand-cuffs but they are glued together. Theres a metal pin holding each hinge together at the elbow. If you want to separate it, you might have to break it. what are you trying to do ?

just kitbashing my own MMS 191... i plan on using the upper part of the gauntlet so i need to take off the forearm portion.

Maybe its possible to push the pin out but the outer part is blocked by the forearm. Im not sure but maybe if you open the forearm, The part blocking the pin would separate with the top half of the arm :dunno

Thanks, mate! But i don't know how long i could continue on doing this since it won't even budge and am afraid i might mess this up if i happen to exert too much force on it. Maybe, I have to abort on this project :slap

Back