1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Spider-Man: Far From Home - Spider-Man (Black and red suit)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They will just produce movies on their own has they had down so before. It's not like they cant use Tom Holland again they just cant reference and MCU characters which is exactly what I wanted stop playing second to Iron man spiderman is the God father of marvel comics surely the people who made spiderverse can make a new spiderman movie I dont even know who the new villian would be

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I literally never said otherwise. My words were specifically the last "MCU" spiderman suit. Thus making this figure the last Hot toys mcu spiderman figure. Obviously Tom still has more films on his Sony contract.

Welp...seeing as this is the last MCU spiderman suit for the foreseeable future unless by some miracle Sony works out another deal...there is even more incentive to pick this guy up. MCU Spider-Man is done, definitely have to get this suit for sure

Where are people getting this idea that FFH is Holland's last MCU Spidey film? I recall that the Sony/Marvel deal stipulated that he appear in CW/Avengers film, as well as THREE solo films...so HC and FFH...I count only 2, which means he has 1 more solo film remaining in their joint agreement.

Is anyone having trouble accessing the 'Marvel Action figures ' forum menu (The list of threads)? When i click the link it takes to the collectibles forum menu. Only way to get in is to click where it shows the top thread on the side.
Yup, i thought it was just me. Its a pain in the ass. It even redirects to the main forum menu when i click certain page numbers in threads.

Where are people getting this idea that FFH is Holland's last MCU Spidey film? I recall that the Sony/Marvel deal stipulated that he appear in CW/Avengers film, as well as THREE solo films...so HC and FFH...I count only 2, which means he has 1 more solo film remaining in their joint agreement.

"Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige won’t produce any further Spider-Man films because of an inability by Disney and Sony Pictures to reach new terms"

"Unless something dramatic happens, Feige won’t be the lead creative producer of those pictures."
https://deadline.com/2019/08/kevin-...nter-soldier-tom-rothman-bob-iger-1202672545/

All reports say while holland still has films on his contract, they are technically with sony and marvel studios wont be involved.

Tho there are other reports saying a mircale may happen and they may come to a new deal. https://variety.com/2019/film/news/spider-man-mcu-sony-disney-agreement-1203308069/

If not, thats a wrap on MCU spidey and FFH will be his last outing in the universe.

I think it might be Kraven. They have the solo film in the works - or maybe they?ll weave his story into Spider-Man 3 instead.

Spider-Man Flees From Home.

"Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige won’t produce any further Spider-Man films because of an inability by Disney and Sony Pictures to reach new terms"

"Unless something dramatic happens, Feige won’t be the lead creative producer of those pictures."
https://deadline.com/2019/08/kevin-...nter-soldier-tom-rothman-bob-iger-1202672545/

All reports say while holland still has films on his contract, they are technically with sony and marvel studios wont be involved.

Tho there are other reports saying a mircale may happen and they may come to a new deal. https://variety.com/2019/film/news/spider-man-mcu-sony-disney-agreement-1203308069/

If not, thats a wrap on MCU spidey and FFH will be his last outing in the universe.

Interesting...I was not aware of these new developments. Thanks for sharing.

Well I hope for the sake of the fans Sony/Disney gets it figured out! :1-1:

Is anyone having trouble accessing the 'Marvel Action figures ' forum menu (The list of threads)? When i click the link it takes to the collectibles forum menu. Only way to get in is to click where it shows the top thread on the side.

Same thing was happening to me. Try emptying the cache and deleting cookies. That worked for me

They will just produce movies on their own has they had down so before. It's not like they cant use Tom Holland again they just cant reference and MCU characters which is exactly what I wanted stop playing second to Iron man spiderman is the God father of marvel comics surely the people who made spiderverse can make a new spiderman movie I dont even know who the new villian would be

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

ASMVFX-153.jpg

Disney wanted to change the deal and Sony didn't. Not sure why Sony is getting the blame and not the greedy Disney machine.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Disney wanted to change the deal and Sony didn't. Not sure why Sony is getting the blame and not the greedy Disney machine.

Well because Sony sucks, they can't produce a good Spider-man movie. I give it a year until Disney buy Sony or Sony will crawl back to them begging for some cooperation.

Venom and Spider-verse went to their heads, now they get to turf out Holland's Spidey as is Sony tradition

I mean, you're totally right- Venom and Spiderverse definitely went to Sony's head, but can you really blame them? Venom made over $800 million worldwide (despite very poor critical reviews) and Spider-verse was universally beloved and won the Oscar for best animated feature (and don't forget that FFH recently became Sony's highest grossing movie of all time). If there was ever a time for them to play hardball with the movie rights to Spider-man, this is it!

Put all of that up against Disney's current (but also justified) hubris and greed right now, and it's a perfect storm for these mega corporations to have a pissing contest over this extremely popular superhero (and the millions of dollars both companies want to make off of him). I definitely don't like it (Spider-man is my favorite superhero of all time and I've loved all of his appearances in the MCU), but I understand it.

Also, it's not like Tom Holland is just getting started as Spider-man- he's made five appearances in the MCU already, including two solo films. No MCU character has gotten more than three solo films (until Thor: Love and Thunder comes out, at least), so it was unlikely we were going to get several more "Tom Holland as Spider-man" solo films, even if the character did stay in the MCU.

It seems like the worst case scenario is a Spider-man 3 movie from Sony that feels just like (and hopefully is just as good as) HC and FFH, but they just can't mention or show any past MCU events or characters that Spidey has been/is connected to (which is a small group consisting of just Fury, Hill, and Happy, since *spoilers* Iron Man is dead). They could pretty easily make it work that he is disconnected from the MCU world at large, based on what happens in the FFH mid-credits scene.

At least, these are all the things this mega-Spidey fan has been telling himself since this news shocked him yesterday afternoon! :wink1:

Hopefully they work this out, because one thing is for sure: I will not be paying to see Sony’s 4th attempt at starting a Spider-Man series in less than a quarter century.

Yeah I can see the next movie working fine without that MCU connection, since his current predicament seems like something he'd need to deal with on his own anyway.

But going forward I'll be seriously bummed if he never gets to interact with or even mention the MCU again, since that was such a defining part of this new version of the character.

Well from the looks of things, Marvel was the one that did all the actual hard work to make this new Spidey as successful and popular as he's been. While Sony just sat back and watched. So I can understand why, after putting up with that situation for 5 movies, Disney might feel entitled to a better deal than they had.

Disney did the work but they have to understand the deal Marvel made. Hell they had to buy Fox just to get their other properties or else they'd be in the same position there too. It seems Feige definitely wanted Spider-Man over all of them.

I honestly I see Disney folding here, they just lost Cap and Iron Man. The rest of the MCU going forward without Spider-Man and aside from GotG and Thor for me is 'check it out later' for the most part and it's going to be years of that with the current schedule.

Honestly, if Feige didn't have such a hard-on for Spidey they wouldn't be in this position. For someone who is all about the long game, he surely was only thinking short-term when it came to the Spidey deal.

Sure it was awesome to have Spidey in Civil War and the Avengers movies, but if Feige decided to just wait it out and let Sony inevitably ruin Spidey (since the franchise was on the brink of death), the MCU would eventually have had him back in their arsenal permanently several years later. Instead Feige pushed to make a deal with Sony in the short-term, and rehabilitated and revitalized the IP for Sony, so of course Sony is gonna swing their corporate dong around and capitalize and exploit the situation in their favor.

If Sony and Disney are ultimately unable to work this out, this is gonna be a major letdown for the fans since Spidey's story was just getting juicier.

Oh well, Feige, the long-term master visionary was surely blindsided by his love for Spidey that he allowed himself/Marvel to get backed into a corner with this tricky situation. :slap

The silver lining is that we had a glimpse of Spidey interact with the MCU...even if it was only temporary.

Back