1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 498 - Ant-man and the Wasp - The Wasp

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A lot of it for me will depend on the head sculpt likeness on Evangeline Lilly...from what we've seen on the prototype it's not looking very strong.

A lot of it for me will depend on the head sculpt likeness on Evangeline Lilly...from what we've seen on the prototype it's not looking very strong.

I don't think it looks that bad. Regardless, this is Wasp we're talking about - I can't imagine posing her without her helmet and wings. I'll likely be leaving the head sculpt in the box.

I think it’s ok, but I’m fully expecting some refinement between prototype and final product.

I also wish they’d give us a headsculpt with her hair from Endgame. ��

Was is different? Considering she was dusted at the end of Ant-Man & The Wasp, it seems odd that she'd have a new hairdo for Endgame. Did Dr. Strange & friends portal her to the salon before they brought her to the final battle? :lol

Was is different? Considering she was dusted at the end of Ant-Man & The Wasp, it seems odd that she'd have a new hairdo for Endgame. Did Dr. Strange & friends portal her to the salon before they brought her to the final battle? :lol

On a serious note, I went and looked at the proto pics and it's pretty close to the Endgame hair style. I think the ponytail is a little longer in EG, but it's close enough for me...

Yes, it's different than AMATW in Endgame. In Endgame, it's exactly how it was in the end credits of Ant-Man and The Wasp right before she got dusted.he had it in a partial braid on top that, once at the back of her head, became a high ponytail. So, it makes sense that her hair in that end credit scene is exactly the same as it is in Endgame.

As a woman with longer hair, I always pay close attention to the way female heroes with long hair keep their hair out of their face, haha.

In the rest of Ant-Man and the Wasp, it's a standard ponytail with not braiding detail, which is how we see it on this figure. Photos attached for reference.

I doubt we'll get a second sculpt with this fantastic hairdo (that Evangeline Lilly herself was super psyched about), but a girl can dream...

Screen Shot 2019-08-04 at 8.16.50 PM.jpgD5kPappXkAEdOyk.jpgD5kPapgWsAEHM49.jpg

Yes, it's different than AMATW in Endgame. In Endgame, it's exactly how it was in the end credits of Ant-Man and The Wasp right before she got dusted.he had it in a partial braid on top that, once at the back of her head, became a high ponytail. So, it makes sense that her hair in that end credit scene is exactly the same as it is in Endgame.

As a woman with longer hair, I always pay close attention to the way female heroes with long hair keep their hair out of their face, haha.

In the rest of Ant-Man and the Wasp, it's a standard ponytail with not braiding detail, which is how we see it on this figure. Photos attached for reference.

I doubt we'll get a second sculpt with this fantastic hairdo (that Evangeline Lilly herself was super psyched about), but a girl can dream...

View attachment 463619View attachment 463620View attachment 463621

Ah, I didn't remember that. That is a nice look on her, but I also doubt we'll get a second sculpt. Frankly, I'd rather HT just switched to that partial braid look, which would be representative of both films. You should post those photos where J.C. Hong can see them. Well maybe not that last one - it looks like her hair is full of dirt/debris in that one. :lol

I supposedly have 4 figure coming before the end of the year,

TLJ Luke, Killmonger, Captain Marvel, and Wasp.

I know some are going to be delayed but I have hope it?s not Wasp.

Sideshow just sent me another delay notice - my final payment has been pushed to January. Same with Captain Marvel. I'm not holding my breath for a January release, and then with Chinese New Year thrown into the mix I doubt we'll see either of them before March/April.

BTW, why is the CM thread closed? Was someone sounding off about agendas again? :slap

Sideshow just sent me another delay notice - my final payment has been pushed to January. Same with Captain Marvel. I'm not holding my breath for a January release, and then with Chinese New Year thrown into the mix I doubt we'll see either of them before March/April.

BTW, why is the CM thread closed? Was someone sounding off about agendas again? :slap

Yeah, the usual suspects were mouthing off again

What is the deal with HT ? I have never heard of so many delays. It's across the board franchisewise too ?? Not just DC.

Surely the stuff going on in HK can't be the cause of it all. Plus it doesn't seem like there is some massive movie event where they are frantically making figures everyone will want.

I'm a huge SW fan, and I have literally no desire for a huge amount of Ep9 figures. The interest by most is also pretty low I would say.

So what gives Hot Toys ? Have they lost interest ?? Have the wheels fallen off ?

Back