1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 498 - Ant-man and the Wasp - The Wasp

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the pics and feedback. I was considering this. But the Wasp thick plastic holder on the wing did look pretty average.

If you have a Disney store in the neighborhood they're selling the Disney brand Ant-Man and the Wasp figure set on sale for like $6, its got a couple mini figures in it that are pretty much the Hot Toys accessory scale- the bases are cheesy so you may want to work around that but probably wont find anything cheaper (looks like its online too, but shipping would probably double the price)

cLE9y2x.jpg

GCsm3q6.jpg

WVfKwCb.jpg

The paint detail is actually a bit better than the one in the HT diorama set despite being a bit smaller :slap

91XL97p.jpg

hJhNvj3.jpg

Even has a flying ant figure, not much paint detail compared to HT but the Ant-Man part is actually comparable

QURfrKx.jpg

W7iJcu3.jpg

If you're willing to do a bit of work to take them apart and integrate them in your display its a good option for some tiny Ant-Man and Wasp pieces for a couple bucks

caam6sA.jpg

I just placed a preorder for the Wasp and Ant-Man at Pop Culture Zone. It's my first time buying from them but I heard that they also double box for free. Their preorder price was the lowest I can find ($230.99 for the Wasp and $223.99 for Ant-Man) and I was glad to know that the Wasp was still available. She seems to be selling well based on preorders.

I also found the description of the Wasp in Pop Cultcha's website very interesting:

"Standing at approximately 11.5” with 28 points of articulation, Wasp is designed for dynamic posing and comes with a highly detailed Wasp suit with embossed patterns and weathering effects, plus various accessories for customisation, including two pairs of interchangeable wings, interchangeable hands, Wasp miniature figure, two discs, opened helmet to attach to the back, and a specially designed figure stand with character backdrop."

Hot Toys says on its website that a new body was developed for the Wasp. Based on the pictures, I think that the same body will be used for Captain Marvel. I hope that the material used for the costume will allow the Wasp to hold dynamic poses for a long time without permanent wrinkling but we'll have to wait and see. I noticed that Hot Toys went out of its way to show the Wasp in dynamic poses in its pictures and the preview at Secret Base. She will go well with Ant-Man. I'm excited!

Last edited:
I wish they’d do a second headsculpt with her hair style that we see in the end credits of Ant-Man and the Wasp/Endgame.

I had a $25 coupon from when I ordered the Toys Fair Exclusive Stan Lee burning a hole in my pocket and decided to order this tonight. Already have Ant-Man pre-ordered as well. Looking forward to getting the pair. Hopefully they stay on track for release by the end of the year. I feel like The Wasp could be a one and done release.

I think wasp is one and done. Likeness is just okay and the costume is terrible but I really don’t think we’re getting another one

Yeah this is the preorder I'm probably least excited about right now, due to the uninspired design and the fact it only really works as a companion to Ant-Man.

It's a shame they couldn't have at least kept the brighter and more vibrant colors from the first movie, instead of making them so much duller like they did.

maxresdefault.jpg

I don’t love the costume but it’s alright enough. I mainly chose to order her because I feel like we won’t get her again and I want her to go with Ant-Man.

I think wasp is one and done. Likeness is just okay and the costume is terrible but I really don’t think we’re getting another one

Yeah this is the preorder I'm probably least excited about right now, due to the uninspired design and the fact it only really works as a companion to Ant-Man.

It's a shame they couldn't have at least kept the brighter and more vibrant colors from the first movie, instead of making them so much duller like they did.

[...]

Inexplicable design choice and a missed opportunity. The uninspired costume is why I'm passing, even though I enjoyed the film and the characters. May not get Ant-Man either because of it, although the prototypes look pretty good on that one.

I love the costume- sleek, functional and understated works for the character. And the great element how they both have the wasp/ant face motif going. Had both on PO for over a year now, would be nice if they showed up a bit earlier than Oct-Dec

I love the costume- sleek, functional and understated works for the character. And the great element how they both have the wasp/ant face motif going. Had both on PO for over a year now, would be nice if they showed up a bit earlier than Oct-Dec

Ssme here. Like the costumes a lot. Can't wait to get these two in hand.

I'm close to ordering her. I have Antman preordered already but I'm still not 100 percent sure I can budget her in right now either. So much coming out soon and not to mention stuff that will go up during comic con.

Sent from my LG-TP260 using Tapatalk

I currently have this preordered but may be dropping it. I have the version 1 antman and with all the upcoming releases I have on order on the least excited about this one . Right now I'm on the fence with keeping either wasp or captain marvel.

I was going to order her, but never did.

This is just one of those characters for me - I like her, but I'm not sure I like her enough @ $250. I have list of characters I still want or don't have in my MCU collection and she's admittedly lower on the priority list.

Same on all of this. She’s not a flashy woman, so for me the more subdued colors are really in character. I came here to see if there was any news - hoping for an earlier release as well! Getting “antsy” for this one. 😂

This is figure for me where those initial unboxing reviews will sway me one way or the other as far as purchase

Back