1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 498 - Ant-man and the Wasp - The Wasp

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've seen in other threads that the Hot Toys factory is closed in Hong Kong, and will remain closed until the virus is under control.

I would say if you have any pre-orders that haven't been shown as final products on the Hot Toys pages, be prepared for a very, very long wait ahead.

I've seen projections from back before it seemed to have exploded that put the peak of the outbreak around April.

I've seen projections from back before it seemed to have exploded that put the peak of the outbreak around April.

russia claims to only have had 2 cases, north korea claims they have had none, and china was less than open about the severity of the disease. I think the odds are the infection rate is much higher than we know. With that its impossible to really know how long this will go but at least into the summer is my amatuer guess, maybe best case scenario. If it somehow makes it to next fall without being resolved or if it mutates thats a big problem obviously.

With that its impossible to really know how long this will go but at least into the summer is my amatuer guess, maybe best case scenario.
With the Summer Olympics being held in Tokyo I'm pretty sure it will be "declared" under control long before that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

russia claims to only have had 2 cases, north korea claims they have had none, and china was less than open about the severity of the disease. I think the odds are the infection rate is much higher than we know. With that its impossible to really know how long this will go but at least into the summer is my amatuer guess, maybe best case scenario. If it somehow makes it to next fall without being resolved or if it mutates thats a big problem obviously.

I think this is just like Sars, Bird Flu, West Nile Virus, and Swine Flu; and a year from now no one will care and the news will be crying "apocalypse!" at the next viral outbreak that has a lower death rate than the common flu.

I think this is just like Sars, Bird Flu, West Nile Virus, and Swine Flu; and a year from now no one will care and the news will be crying "apocalypse!" at the next viral outbreak that has a lower death rate than the common flu.

Actually that?s incorrect. To put it in perspective, 15,000,000 cases of the flu have been reported since flu season started in the US and about 8,200 of those people have died which is approximately 0.054%. Very small percentage but still a lot of people. The coronavirus or Covid19 according to the WHO has had 60,000 reported cases with 1367 deaths which is approximately 2.2%. Which is a rate of 50 times the percentage rate of deaths. Smaller number of deaths but higher percentage rate. SARS I believe killed about 9% of those infected and the Black Plague killed over 10% of the entire world.

So semantically you are correct by saying it has not killed as many people as the common flu but incorrect about the percentage rate. We have not seen the end of this and I believe the numbers to be higher than they have reported.

Last edited:
Actually that?s incorrect. To put it in perspective, 15,000,000 cases of the flu have been reported since flu season started in the US and about 8,200 of those people have died which is approximately 0.054%. Very small percentage but still a lot of people. The coronavirus or Covid19 according to the WHO has had 60,000 reported cases with 1367 deaths which is approximately 2.2%. Which is a rate of 50 times the percentage rate of deaths. Smaller number of deaths but higher percentage rate. SARS I believe killed about 9% of those infected and the Black Plague killed over 10% of the entire world.

So semantically you are correct by saying it has not killed as many people as the common flu but incorrect about the percentage rate. We have not seen the end of this and I believe the numbers to be higher than they have reported.

You are also making the assumption that every person that catches it ends up at the hospital and therefore becomes a reported case. Ive gotten the flu 3 times in my life, and all three resolved themselves by me sitting at home with a bottle of Tylenol and riding it out. Depending on the severity of the symptoms, a lot people could be doing the same thing (especially in areas with overcrowded and expensive hospitals). Considering those that actually end up at the hospital are those with the most severe symptoms, who knows what the actual death rate is. But assuming that it is 2.2%; its hardly the end of the world.

I guarantee you that this time next year no one at all will care.

I can agree that next year no one will care but the 2.2% is not an assumption. It?s the facts of the statistics given to us and what?s been reported by the World Health Organization. No assumptions needed. It?s not the end of the world as some people are claiming but it?s also not nothing and much bigger than just a simple flu.

You are also making the assumption that every person that catches it ends up at the hospital and therefore becomes a reported case. Ive gotten the flu 3 times in my life, and all three resolved themselves by me sitting at home with a bottle of Tylenol and riding it out. Depending on the severity of the symptoms, a lot people could be doing the same thing (especially in areas with overcrowded and expensive hospitals). Considering those that actually end up at the hospital are those with the most severe symptoms, who knows what the actual death rate is. But assuming that it is 2.2%; its hardly the end of the world.

I guarantee you that this time next year no one at all will care.

I suspect the relatives of the people who died from coronavirus will still care next year.

on the one hand, panicking is bad, but ignorance is worse. I dont think this will be like mers or sars, those diseases brought about symptoms quickly compared to this coronavirus. If this disease spread all over the world, even a 2% death rate out of 7 billion people would be pretty catastrophic.

:exactly:

I don't recall Sars, Bird Flu, West Nile, or Swine Flu having as much impact on the world as Coronavirus.

Putting aside the real world stats on mortality rates and those affected...the truth of the matter is that this has majorly impacted a major source for the world's goods...and has even begun signs of affecting the stock market (which hopefully is short lived) but can have impacts on the economy.

Again, i'm not saying Coronavirus is any more or less potent than any other past viruses, but this one has seemed to affect us on a global scale in a matter of 2 months.

Just sayin'.

Anyway, can't wait to get my Wasp whenever she arrives....

How is it unbelievable at this point? Are you not reading all the posts in here??

If this release date holds, we are getting close to a full year delay. At this point some kind of notification from Hot Toys about their current situation would be nice, so it?s not all in the dark.

Also before you all jump down my throat with your straw men ?bUt WhAt aBOut tHE pEoPLe?!?? I?m not saying these useless hunks of plastic are more important than their health and well being.

source.gif

Warning! Warning! Politics detected! ;)

Yeah, also got the notification that Wasp will be delayed. Been thinking that I am use these delayed to start cutting back in general on Hot Toys. Unless something amazing comes out in the next year.

Back