1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 498 - Ant-man and the Wasp - The Wasp

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm having trouble deciding if I want to get Ant-man and Wasp or not. I keep waffling back and forth on it. I like the movies, like both characters, but I'm just not sure if I like both characters to the tune of $250 each.

I never got an Ant-man and just figured I would wait and get these two from this movie as a pair, but I'm just not sure....

There are a lot of characters I'm currently wanting to customize/kitbash, and I have several figures either on order on my list to buy. And too many of them come before these two. I really like them, but I don't know if I consider them "essential" to my collection.:dunno

I really like the Ant-Man figure but the Wasp I'm less sure on. I wonder if we would in the foreseeable see another MCU version of her.

I'm curious if the antman series will continue or just be part of the next avengers since
Spoiler Spoiler:

Story-wise, any potential sequel isn't dependent on what happens. It's more about if it's financially feasible for it to warrant a third outing, which I think it might.

I full well expect a third entry, but it'll just be titled "The Wasp" and the focus will be on Hope, whereas Scott will take a larger roll in the future Avengers films.

That way the...erm...insect trilogy will be perfectly balanced:

Ant Man -> Ant Man and The Wasp -> The Wasp

I full well expect a third entry, but it'll just be titled "The Wasp" and the focus will be on Hope, whereas Scott will take a larger roll in the future Avengers films.

That way the...erm...insect trilogy will be perfectly balanced:

Ant Man -> Ant Man and The Wasp -> The Wasp

I highly doubt that would happen. In my humble opinion, what makes more sense is for the third one to be "Ant-Men and The Wasps".

Yeah, look at Spiderman. It's all under way, and we know what happened at the end of Infinity War.

On another note, I feel like I need something for The Wasp. I'm just not sure I have the room for her with Ant-Man, Dr Strange, Black Panther.. nor feel like paying full price for her. Also, the wings etc only come into play when she shrinks, so I liked the idea of a shrunken figurine... Need a Civil War figure style mini accessory.

Yeah, look at Spiderman. It's all under way, and we know what happened at the end of Infinity War.

To be fair, i know nothing about the new Spider Man movie, but the last scene, could be him on the bus, driven by Stan Lee(The previous movie did a bit of flashing back to the Civil War movie).
There's no guarantee it will be set after the events of Civil War.

I’m definitely on board for Wasp but I keep going back and forth on this Ant-Man or the first version. I really like both and this one has more display options but the design of the first is my favorite look.

Decisions decisions.

On another note, I feel like I need something for The Wasp. I'm just not sure I have the room for her with Ant-Man, Dr Strange, Black Panther.. nor feel like paying full price for her. Also, the wings etc only come into play when she shrinks, so I liked the idea of a shrunken figurine... Need a Civil War figure style mini accessory.

Those spiderman movies were already planned before infinity war though. And infinity war probly takes place after them.

I’m definitely on board for Wasp but I keep going back and forth on this Ant-Man or the first version. I really like both and this one has more display options but the design of the first is my favorite look.

Decisions decisions.

You are right after the 1st suit looking good, very true looking to the comic look. I really liked the new look of this suit in Antman and wasp though. The colors really pop and it was very funny how it was glitchy in the movie. I'm down for both naturally but i fear these will come out when i am not ready for them. Seems to be a problem with HT releases lately.

You are right after the 1st suit looking good, very true looking to the comic look. I really liked the new look of this suit in Antman and wasp though. The colors really pop and it was very funny how it was glitchy in the movie. I'm down for both naturally but i fear these will come out when i am not ready for them. Seems to be a problem with HT releases lately.

Same. I typically have a one figure per character policy, but if the new version of Ant-Man is more pose-able, that would probably get me to bite on a second version. What I would really love to see is a retro Wasp circa the first Ant-Man costume

Yeah that's true about the wings, but the figure doesn't look nearly as cool without them so I'll just have to make an exception for it. And plus in a museum pose it's a bit easier to buy that they would be deployed for show.

Those spiderman movies were already planned before infinity war though. And infinity war probly takes place after them.

Supposedly takes place after Infinity War and it's sequel... Unlike Ant Man and the Wasp which was always planned as a feel good movie released after Infinity War and set before it..

Decision made.. $50US off for a very limited time courtesy of two figures shipped from Sideshow in a two week period was too good to turn down. I'll use the Hope head and either display her with Ant-Man, Spiderman and Dr Strange, or with my Scarlet Witches and extra Black Widow and put the miniature with the boys instead..

I'm after a small version of Ant-Man of good quality to go with the other Avengers and not take up much room. Anyone seen anything worthwhile ?

Doesn't need to be 1/6 miniature small.

This one from Iron Studios is ok. But the base doesn't really fit the rest of the figures.

https://youtu.be/7QBAkLAL6Cc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm after a small version of Ant-Man of good quality to go with the other Avengers and not take up much room. Anyone seen anything worthwhile ?

Doesn't need to be 1/6 miniature small.

I personally think I'm sold on the Iron Studios pieces. I've toyed with the Marvel Legends figures, which I have sitting sealed. But the next step in higher quality would be the SH Figuarts ones.

Here's the Hot Toys diorama piece, nicely painted, pretty much as advertised

12TMeBJ.jpg

DcnYZfQ.jpg

Small but still obviously out of scale with your 1/6 stuff but it could be an option for people who don't want the full figures (and you probably can't get much smaller without having zero detail),or wait for the parted out mini figures with the 1/6 releases without the ant

fW3Zb4w.jpg

I was already planning to redo the lame attachment for the Wasp figure, but the frustrating part is they sloppily glued it to the wing, and the glue is only along the bottom which is where the painted wing detail is, so removing it will damage the paint where the patch of glue was. I'll go over the paint again at some point but but sheesh they could have done that better. There is also a little glue holding Wasp to the mount but not as bad and you can get her loose without too much visible marring

KAQ3X8c.jpg

Just a super quick test some 26 gauge wire can hold the weight, I'll fashion something like this going forward a little cleaner when I have more time

km2d4XZ.jpg

Pzk486P.jpg

f3iUJPQ.jpg

Back