1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 498 - Ant-man and the Wasp - The Wasp

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What is the deal with HT ? I have never heard of so many delays. It's across the board franchisewise too ?? Not just DC.

Surely the stuff going on in HK can't be the cause of it all. Plus it doesn't seem like there is some massive movie event where they are frantically making figures everyone will want.

I'm a huge SW fan, and I have literally no desire for a huge amount of Ep9 figures. The interest by most is also pretty low I would say.

So what gives Hot Toys ? Have they lost interest ?? Have the wheels fallen off ?

I'm not sure what their deal is but if I had to guess I'd say they prioritize their biggest sellers / most popular characters. Save for Hulkbuster, I don't recall many significant delays for IM figures or Spider-man figures. And who knows, it could be also be a staffing issue with them. Maybe their popularity and # of licenses have grown at a faster rate than their number of top-notch artists? Or maybe it's a manufacturing capacity issue. These delays may be the trade-off we need to make in order to still get the high quality we've come to expect from them. I've noticed that some of their more recent releases (Rescue, BD IM Mk 85 & Mysterio to name 3) have lengthy lead times, so maybe they're adjusting their estimates and that will become the norm going forward?

I'm not sure what their deal is but if I had to guess I'd say they prioritize their biggest sellers / most popular characters. Save for Hulkbuster, I don't recall many significant delays for IM figures or Spider-man figures. And who knows, it could be also be a staffing issue with them. Maybe their popularity and # of licenses have grown at a faster rate than their number of top-notch artists? Or maybe it's a manufacturing capacity issue. These delays may be the trade-off we need to make in order to still get the high quality we've come to expect from them. I've noticed that some of their more recent releases (Rescue, BD IM Mk 85 & Mysterio to name 3) have lengthy lead times, so maybe they're adjusting their estimates and that will become the norm going forward?

Hmm maybe. Delays for almost every figure are the domain of lesser companies, and something I have very rarely seen at Hot Toys over the last say 5-6 years. Maybe they're also just burnt out. I could imagine it's been a pretty intense few years.

Pretty sure we haven't seen any final samples of this, outside of the initial prototype.

I got a notification from SSC that the final payment is getting pushed back again now to March 20. Captain Marvel is finally about to make her debut in the States, but how much longer for Ant-Man and the Wasp?!!!!!

Hopefully the Wasp final product ends up being better than CM...from what I've seen so far, her figure looks very toy-ish and plasticky. It's lacking that realism that HT usually is able to imbue with the majority of their figures.

Cause so far the Wasp headsculpt from the prototypes seemed quite toy-ish...

Gamora, GOTG2....that is all.

Gamora is a proper reminder of the whole Ripley debacle where it took AGES to actually get released. Granted they did change it along the way while Gamora has remained unchanged and simply pushed back to make way for other stuff. Which, given pre-orders are coming up to 2 years ago, I think is a bit of a joke.

And yes, I get it. Prioritise the NOW and delay the past. Still think it's a garbage excuse.

Hopefully the Wasp final product ends up being better than CM...from what I've seen so far, her figure looks very toy-ish and plasticky. It's lacking that realism that HT usually is able to imbue with the majority of their figures.

Cause so far the Wasp headsculpt from the prototypes seemed quite toy-ish...

I think it would be hard to avoid with skin tight multicolored outfits. I think you would need real fabric to lose the plastic look and then it would not look right. It's a compromise

This delay is ridiculous...

A good check I like to do is see if there are any parts or non-solicited pics of figures being sold on eBay. If you don't see any....that figure isn't out or coming soon.

Captain Marvel for example should be coming really soon because I see many Chinese vendors selling her parts on eBay.

Captain Marvel is already out isn't it?

Personally, I'm fine with the delay. I'm still reeling from the Mk7 and Armored Thanos.

A good check I like to do is see if there are any parts or non-solicited pics of figures being sold on eBay. If you don't see any....that figure isn't out or coming soon.

Captain Marvel for example should be coming really soon because I see many Chinese vendors selling her parts on eBay.

I mean, we know Captain Marvel is out. We get buried in images when anything becomes available in Hong Kong, that tends to mean 1-2 months till it ships in the US. There's kind of a pandemic going on that is closing factories and postal systems in China so there's more of a delay than usual during the New Year, but the product is done and shipping will be sooner rather than later. Ant Man or Wasp has not released in HK and has no final product photos yet, could be tomorrow, could be months.

I've seen in other threads that the Hot Toys factory is closed in Hong Kong, and will remain closed until the virus is under control.

I would say if you have any pre-orders that haven't been shown as final products on the Hot Toys pages, be prepared for a very, very long wait ahead.

Back