1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 302 - Avengers: AoU - Quicksilver

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At least with Steve Rogers and Sharon Carter, there was some build up to it in TWS. Even in CW, I considered that to still be sort of a build up with the two and them not really being in a full blown relationship yet. With Bruce and Natasha, she went from heavily flirting with Steve Rogers in TWS to already talking about a family and kids with Bruce no more than a year later?

Like I said, didn't really bother me though since it didn't detract from the plot and the film in general. It seems to have went away as fast as it came.

So far Peter and Gamora are the only romance that feels genuine in the MCU. Karen and Matt are pretty close, if you want to count Netflix, but it might not be fair to because you get more time to develop it.

So far Peter and Gamora are the only romance that feels genuine in the MCU. Karen and Matt are pretty close, if you want to count Netflix, but it might not be fair to because you get more time to develop it.

Scott Lang and Hope Van Dyne I thought was handled pretty well also. As was Steve Rogers and Peggy Carter.

Scott Lang and Hope Van Dyne I thought was handled pretty well also. As was Steve Rogers and Peggy Carter.
I concede on Peggy and Steve - quite frankly i forgot about them entirely haha.
And lets not forget the original MCU otp: Pepper and Tony! Their build up was over all the Iron Man films, and the first Avengers.
Something always felt weird with them to me. Seems like they could never be happy, at least the way they are presented in the MCU.

I concede on Peggy and Steve - quite frankly i forgot about them entirely haha.

Something always felt weird with them to me. Seems like they could never be happy, at least the way they are presented in the MCU.

Maybe so, but the point was that their relationship was built up over time, and had a more natural progression than that of Brutasha.

There's nothing wrong with some romance in a comic book movie.... I just ask, like anything else, that it make sense for the characters and the writing is good - both things Bruce/Natasha failed at. Whedon surprised me there. But I'm going to go out on a limb and say they were Whedon's choice, not so much the studios.

I think going forward they will address it casually and quickly move on, as it wasn't well received. I expect the same from Steve/Sharon Carter, which was handled terribly in CW. Actually - I feel like they work as a great example of putting in a romance when there's no time or need for one.

I like Sharon Carter a lot and thought the Russos have done well to develop something with limited screen time. For me it makes sense 'coz I can assume Sharon formed opinions about Steve while she was watching him in TWS, and whatever she heard from Peggy. And in TWS she's already on his side - upset that the Captain is being hunted, joins his side pretty fast. (Still going through the comics and I hadn't known Sharon Carter is a pretty strong presence there with Cap). I could see at this point since she's pretty well trashed her career for Steve that she's hooked up with him someplace in IW, along with the other fugitives.

I know a lot of folks didn't care for Steve/Sharon but I liked Steve and Peggy and I liked Steve and Sharon.

But for me Nat and Bruce - watching Ultron the first time I felt like what the *&&^:(? It's painful IMO watching two very good actors do a good job and it's Just.Not.Working. IMO not even believable and that whole Nat/Bruce farm conversation drags the film *fast forward*. But there's other stuff too like when BW says Hawkeye brings the whole team together (what?).

And IMO Pietro's completely unnecessary:mad: perhaps-death - because Wanda could simply have gotten truly angry on her own and they could have had her have some line telling Ultron "only monsters save the world by killing" or something like that and THEN ripped his heart out. E.g., she's firmly chosen a side. Or had Vision come and they take out Ultron together, at the last.

And why did Hawkeye, a trained warrior, not at least TRY to move when Ultron was coming? He had to have known that a moving target is harder to hit than a stationary one, even if there was little chance of not being shot. He's fast enough in the Avengers to dive off a roof, but in Ultron he just stands there?:cuckoo:

Just think Whedon bogged down in trying to show emotionalism tho IMO there IS a lot of good stuff in Ultron.

I like Sharon Carter a lot and thought the Russos have done well to develop something with limited screen time. For me it makes sense 'coz I can assume Sharon formed opinions about Steve while she was watching him in TWS, and whatever she heard from Peggy. And in TWS she's already on his side - upset that the Captain is being hunted, joins his side pretty fast.

Good points.

She has had limited screen time and despite that, I do think the Russos did a good job at showing there is a spark there with what they've had to work with. Like you said, she was living next door to him to keep an eye on him and during that time, probably formed her own opinion on him in conjunction with what she had already possibly heard about him from Peggy. Their conversation in the hall in TWS where Steve tried to ask her out I'm guessing also wasn't their first encounter either, as they had probably seen each other and said hello before.

Despite her posing as a nurse during that time, she was still interacting with the real Steve.

There's nothing wrong with some romance in a comic book movie.... I just ask, like anything else, that it make sense for the characters and the writing is good - both things Bruce/Natasha failed at. Whedon surprised me there. But I'm going to go out on a limb and say they were Whedon's choice, not so much the studios.

I think going forward they will address it casually and quickly move on, as it wasn't well received. I expect the same from Steve/Sharon Carter, which was handled terribly in CW. Actually - I feel like they work as a great example of putting in a romance when there's no time or need for one.

My point is every single one of these movies will get a bs love story forced into it wether it makes sense of not. That seems like it's manditory to me. Regardless of the director we are always forced to sit through yet another bs romance that no one asked for. The upcoming Avengers movies will be no different.

What's the going price for Pietro right now? I watched Age of Ultron again, and the more I watch the movie, the more I like it. Decided I wanted him after-all.

What's the going price for Pietro right now? I watched Age of Ultron again, and the more I watch the movie, the more I like it. Decided I wanted him after-all.

I just picked one up for $135. New in sealed box. But that was with an ebay coupon. I think he is going for @ $150

Haven't seen these for sale much lately and didn't see any listed in the forum so I used todays ebay coupon to grab one... $170 shipped. It was the cheapest available within the U.S.... That's $55 less than it would have been had I ordered it from sideshow, so that's a win regardless of it's current value.

Haven't seen these for sale much lately and didn't see any listed in the forum so I used todays ebay coupon to grab one... $170 shipped. It was the cheapest available within the U.S.... That's $55 less than it would have been had I ordered it from sideshow, so that's a win regardless of it's current value.

Congrats! Lately I've been thinking about grabbing him - thought Pietro was a great character - I'd love to see him back. If I have the funds and see a good deal I'll pick him up.

I was looking at that same auction and guess I waited to long. I even was going to go by there physical store tomorrow to see about it.

3DA4C0C6-0525-42B3-AF69-A5D230F7C50A.jpeg

Nice shot (y) don't often see this one.

Remember the brief moment before Wandavision came out and all the Quicksilver rumors were making this one briefly go up in price?

Then the show had Dahmer in it so those foxmen versions went up in price?

Then they did the Bohner reveal and everything just went back down :lol

Back