1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 302 - Avengers: AoU - Quicksilver

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I think there are some really good parts - personal favorites being Vision, Wanda and Pietro, some of the IM and Thor moments, Fury and Tony, Hawkeye and Wanda, the conversation between Vision and Ultron at the end. But the farm and some other stuff - even the farm itself, would Hawkeye seriously bring the Avengers to his family farm? I mean, aren't safe houses places that can be defended easily without a lot of places where enemies could hide and like that?

I'd just be nervous handing any superhero movie over to someone who said Ultron "broke him" because not sure why Ultron was so much worse to do than the Avengers which had Loki and others in the mix.

I think he said that because Marvel put a lot of pressure on him to do stuff that would connect to other movies instead of doing his own thing. It's kinda silly he would get mad at that, these movies are supposed to be connected.

It didn't bother me personally because it didn't detract from the plot at all. It was just sort of um, ok.
I mean... it was an unnecessary subplot
I think he said that because Marvel put a lot of pressure on him to do stuff that would connect to other movies instead of doing his own thing. It's kinda silly he would get mad at that, these movies are supposed to be connected.

Yeah that's why Marvel does a better job getting directors that share their vision like Gunn and the Russos.

Still mad that Whedon killed QS as an F U in the end

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Unecessary according to who? That's the way the creators created it....

Unnecessary in terms of storytelling and development that entire subplot could be changed and the movie would've turned out the same way. And BW's character hasn't been affected at all by the falling out as seen in CW. But that's just my opinion

Yeah that's why Marvel does a better job getting directors that share their vision like Gunn and the Russos.

Still mad that Whedon killed QS as an F U in the end

I always thought it was to give Wanda more of an arc, which is weird since it didn't really add anything to her. Her ripping out Ultron's heart (?) was pretty cool tho

Unnecessary, indeed.

Unnecessary in terms of storytelling and development that entire subplot could be changed and the movie would've turned out the same way. And BW's character hasn't been affected at all by the falling out as seen in CW. But that's just my opinion

My opinion as well.

It was completely unnecessary in regards to the Widow/Hulk romance. It felt like it was out of no where because there was no build up to it. If they'd maybe made Banner and Romanoff good friends, start subtly hinting that there could be something more, but without devoting too much subplot time to it, it could've worked in the long run. But the whole subplot ending with a "lets run away together!" was a waste of time that could have been devoted to literally anything else. The deleted scene with Thor and the infinity stones vision, more character development for the twins, explanations about Hawkeye and his family - where he was during the fall of SHIELD, etc.

I will forever be so angry and bitter about killing off Quicksilver :lol I could have maybe accepted it story wise if it had.... Actually made sense??? Like, the idea Pietro got shot saving Clint - that idea works, but the death makes no sense? Pietro didn't push the overturned car in front of Hawkeye and the kid, because the car doesn't move from its spot in the debris. Pietro doesn't push Clint and the kid out of the way because, again, they haven't moved either - if you were pushed at super speed, you would fall over, not remain in the same position. Pietro's blue blur is shown around Clint and the kid, implying he physically moved them. So, without pushing them, it would mean he lifted them and moved them: so then why is Pietro back in the line of fire? Surely, if he picked them up and moved them, he would have moved with them, not moved them, then gone BACK into the line of fire, only to be facing towards them again when it cuts to the wider shot?

:rotfl As you can tell, I've thought a lot about this. As for the death giving Wanda an arc, again I would understand - except that Pietro wasn't mentioned at all in Civil War. No grieving shown, no hints at missing him, nothing. It's grasping at straws, but I kind of hope that means Pietro's in stasis or something, somewhere, healing before Infinity War. :lol

It was completely unnecessary in regards to the Widow/Hulk romance. It felt like it was out of no where because there was no build up to it. If they'd maybe made Banner and Romanoff good friends, start subtly hinting that there could be something more, but without devoting too much subplot time to it, it could've worked in the long run. But the whole subplot ending with a "lets run away together!" was a waste of time that could have been devoted to literally anything else. The deleted scene with Thor and the infinity stones vision, more character development for the twins, explanations about Hawkeye and his family - where he was during the fall of SHIELD, etc.

I will forever be so angry and bitter about killing off Quicksilver :lol I could have maybe accepted it story wise if it had.... Actually made sense??? Like, the idea Pietro got shot saving Clint - that idea works, but the death makes no sense? Pietro didn't push the overturned car in front of Hawkeye and the kid, because the car doesn't move from its spot in the debris. Pietro doesn't push Clint and the kid out of the way because, again, they haven't moved either - if you were pushed at super speed, you would fall over, not remain in the same position. Pietro's blue blur is shown around Clint and the kid, implying he physically moved them. So, without pushing them, it would mean he lifted them and moved them: so then why is Pietro back in the line of fire? Surely, if he picked them up and moved them, he would have moved with them, not moved them, then gone BACK into the line of fire, only to be facing towards them again when it cuts to the wider shot?

:rotfl As you can tell, I've thought a lot about this. As for the death giving Wanda an arc, again I would understand - except that Pietro wasn't mentioned at all in Civil War. No grieving shown, no hints at missing him, nothing. It's grasping at straws, but I kind of hope that means Pietro's in stasis or something, somewhere, healing before Infinity War. :lol

or maybe brought back in Infinity War through the time gem? Obviously speculation, but that would be cool.

Gotcha. I guess I didnt care either way. I dont really take MCU that seriously. Its for fun.

Gotcha. I guess I didnt care either way. I dont really take MCU that seriously. Its for fun.

I didn't really care myself because it was indeed unnecessary and didn't take away from the plot at all. So it was just like all right, they dig one another. Cool. Back to the main film.

To be utterly honest though, I'm starting to get a little bored with the MCU myself. I still enjoy it and the films, but I'm personally more excited for the DCEU and what they're doing. In general, I've been more a fan of DC's characters.

Gladiator Thor from Ragnarok will probably be my final MCU figure.

I didn't really care myself because it was indeed unnecessary and didn't take away from the plot at all. So it was just like all right, they dig one another. Cool. Back to the main film.

Haha. I am probably in the minority but I enjoyed AoU. Yes, I wish Ultron was more menacing as the trailers made him out to be but I still enjoyed Spader's voice acting. Such a chatty robot!!!

Haha. I am probably in the minority but I enjoyed AoU. Yes, I wish Ultron was more menacing as the trailers made him out to be but I still enjoyed Spader's voice acting. Such a chatty robot!!!

Yep, I'm in the minority with you. AoU is still one of my top 5 MCU films, personally.

Liking his character Alan Shore on Boston Legal, I really liked his voice as Ultron. So I had to get Ultron Prime, as it's the closest thing to a Spader figure they make. :lol

Ultron is probably my favorite MCU villain thus far.

I don't go into these films expecting much. The only requirement is that I am entertained and to date none of these films have failed in that area...except for The Incredible Hulk.

Other than that, yeah, I don't take these films too seriously.

Overall I enjoyed AoU too, the only reason I have such a strong opinion on Bruce/Natasha, specifically, is that I found myself physically cringing when they had their scenes. It just didn't work for me. And then there's all that business with Quicksilver, but that's because he's always been my fave and I'm bitter :rotfl

I like ATJ and I think it was a waste to cast him only to kill him off, but I didn't get too attached, so I'm not really bitter.

I still can't stand Bruce/Natasha - the way it was written was terrible and I remember cringing in the theater more than once when I saw the movie. And I was Joss Whedon fan and I still am. I just didn't get that decision with them or the writing for them at all.

I like the movie overall, though, and think it's generally a bit too underrated. I LOVED Wanda in it. It's still my favorite film for her so far.

I like ATJ and I think it was a waste to cast him only to kill him off, but I didn't get too attached, so I'm not really bitter.

I still can't stand Bruce/Natasha - the way it was written was terrible and I remember cringing in the theater more than once when I saw the movie. And I was Joss Whedon fan and I still am. I just didn't get that decision with them or the writing for them at all.

I like the movie overall, though, and think it's generally a bit too underrated. I LOVED Wanda in it. It's still my favorite film for her so far.

Yeah, I was already attached since the credits scene revealing them in TWS - I absolutely love Pietro, way back from my days watching X-Men: Evolution. I screamed when I saw the twins in TWS xDD But I loved Wanda in AoU too, which was a big coup for me - I didn't like her when I first saw her in X-Men: Evolution, but AoU converted me.

The Black Widow/Hulk romance came out of nowhere too.

I think it's manditory that there is some bs romance in all these comic book Movies. Regardless of the studio it's still stupid Hollywood ...

Yeah, I was already attached since the credits scene revealing them in TWS - I absolutely love Pietro, way back from my days watching X-Men: Evolution. I screamed when I saw the twins in TWS xDD But I loved Wanda in AoU too, which was a big coup for me - I didn't like her when I first saw her in X-Men: Evolution, but AoU converted me.

Daaaamn I LOVED X-Men:Evolution :clap

I think it's manditory that there is some bs romance in all these comic book Movies. Regardless of the studio it's still stupid Hollywood ...

There's nothing wrong with some romance in a comic book movie.... I just ask, like anything else, that it make sense for the characters and the writing is good - both things Bruce/Natasha failed at. Whedon surprised me there. But I'm going to go out on a limb and say they were Whedon's choice, not so much the studios.

I think going forward they will address it casually and quickly move on, as it wasn't well received. I expect the same from Steve/Sharon Carter, which was handled terribly in CW. Actually - I feel like they work as a great example of putting in a romance when there's no time or need for one.

Last edited:
Back