Hot Toys - MMS 189 - SSC Ex The Avengers: Agent Phil Coulson (Specs and Pics)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nope, after The Avengers. Somehow Coulson survived. I think they've already posed how on the internet, but I've avoided it because I'd rather just see the show.

Geez, I think Marvel has a thing for deceiving fans.
Spoiler Spoiler:

No after. Coulson's survival from Loki's attack is apparently explained in the pilot episode

Shield Agent 22390 said:
We have to head for a briefing. Agent Coulson is giving it

Shield Agent 13289 said:
Coulson?!?!?! I thought he died when the Helicarrier got attacked?

Shield Agent 22390 said:
Nah. It was a smokescreen. Just a flesh wound. And they have Asgard healing tech on the helicarrier anyway, from that first time Thor was here.

Shield Agent 13289 said:
Ahhh. That makes sense.

Or something along those lines.

Dramatic turns are hardly a new thing in fiction… or bringing people back from the dead in comics.

The thing that I wonder is, did they plan to bring him back all along, or is he being brought back because of the reaction after his "death" in the Avengers?

I was wondering that as well. Given that it was mandated by Marvel he died and they are planners over there at Marvel it's very possible they did. You can certainly watch Avengers and like with Harvey Dent in Dark Knight, come to the conclusion that it was a rouse without even thinking about it much.

Nah. It was a smokescreen. Just a flesh wound. And they have Asgard healing tech on the helicarrier anyway, from that first time Thor was here.

Reminded me of this.

only-a-flesh-wound.gif

:lol

Nope, after The Avengers. Somehow Coulson survived. I think they've already posed how on the internet, but I've avoided it because I'd rather just see the show.

i hope collectors have this one ordered. i've a feeling after the SHIELD show starts gathering steam, the frenzy will begin. don't you just love how product merchandising ties into the production? would you like some more? why YES....more of everything!!!!

I just put my order in at Sideshow for this figure. I think Darkmatter might be on to something about how popular this figure will become once the TV show hits. Plus Coulson has appeared in all the Marvel movies so he is pretty much a must have figure.

I just put my order in at Sideshow for this figure. I think Darkmatter might be on to something about how popular this figure will become once the TV show hits. Plus Coulson has appeared in all the Marvel movies so he is pretty much a must have figure.

the wife said she may have a new favorite show to top big bang. she watches new adventures of old christine with clark gregg and she loves him. she cried in the theater when he was shot by loki! :lol

I'm so on the fence with this figure. I keep telling myself this is the one Avengers figure I can do without, yet I keep pre-ordering it and cancelling it. Maybe when another $25 Sideshow coupon comes along, I suppose.

the wife said she may have a new favorite show to top big bang. she watches new adventures of old christine with clark gregg and she loves him. she cried in the theater when he was shot by loki! :lol

:lol I think Agent Coulson (CG) will be in good hands in the show with Whedon at the helm. I am really looking forward to the premier in the fall. The show has a lot of potential and I am confident that Whedon will deliver as long as the network doesn't meddle too much. That's what sunk Firefly.

I saw The Avengers more times in the theater than I can count. The first several times I saw it when the theaters were really full, people literally gasped / yelled out "NO!" when it happened. I was totally stunned myself.

But it's funny, looking back on it.....all of that fighting, SOMEONE had to die. And Thor, Loki, Cap, Iron Man and Black Widow already had deals for more movies. So it had to be either Coulson or Hawkeye. And no one would have cared if Hawkeye died. ;)

I'm so on the fence with this figure. I keep telling myself this is the one Avengers figure I can do without, yet I keep pre-ordering it and cancelling it. Maybe when another $25 Sideshow coupon comes along, I suppose.

I was never on the fence and ordered him the first day he was announced. His BFG was definitely the deal sealer for me! :rock

Back