Hot Toys - MMS 189 - SSC Ex The Avengers: Agent Phil Coulson (Specs and Pics)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I always picture that in my head like how Spawn's cape would retract and extend in that crap 90s Spawn movie. Or I guess the way Batman's cape worked in TDK.

For sure. Like Thor said to Jane, Asgard Technology is akin to magic from a human perspective.
It's cool there's a little still showing.
Like those window blinds that you pull them down slightly and they retract fast upwards.
I imagine Thor pulling the cape and it springs back up into his armour.
:rotfl

It's not affirmative action, it's just variety. It likewise would be nice for some more variety in ages. And it's not like there's not plenty of talented not-white 20-something actors.

so you're saying that the new SHIELD show should have how many white, how many black, how many asian.......WAIT!!!!

how about make the team WHATEVER color, as long as the most talented are on the show? instead of making it a color coordinated 'variety' show to appease national organizations and whoever feels that every cast for every project requires neapolitan casting. it shouldn't matter if the entire cast was green and from Orion.

Yes it shouldn't matter. But unfortunately we don't live in a utopia where race doesn't matter so there still is a major tendency to cast entire casts to look a certain way… ie young, white, and attractive. So yes, you do sometimes have to go out of your way to avoid that.

Yes it shouldn't matter. But unfortunately we don't live in a utopia where race doesn't matter so there still is a major tendency to cast entire casts to look a certain way… ie young, white, and attractive. So yes, you do sometimes have to go out of your way to avoid that.

how do you feel about the x-men reboot?

x-men-first-class-movie-trailer-video-beast-havok-banshee.jpg

It's arguably commenting on that given that by the end of the movie basically all the non-human looking characters and the Jewish guy are now the bad guys.

WOW! So Chun-Li is joining SHIELDS? Ming Na was the actress that played Chun-Li in Van Damme's version of Street Fighter for those that don't know! :lol

That doesn't show the full retracting. It would expand and retract entirely. I'm remembering the scene of him jumping through the glass roof and the cape unfurling in particular.

I'm a little disappointed the "full reveal" is basically just the same thing as the teaser with one additional scene.

The SHIELD thing looks OK. But Clark Gregg has to be the backbone of the show. This may end up working against him though. Coulson has something of a mystery about him though. We have seen him in the "Phase I" movies but we actually know very little about him.

This show may just over expose him a little. Which would be a shame, really.

It looks like the person jumping out of the apartment with the hoodie is Luke Cage? I'm hoping it is. :pray:

I suspect Coulson will be more like Fury is in the films. Omnipresent but not the focus. Could be I'm wrong, regardless in Whedon I trust.

If this show is successful, and other Marvel characters are used somewhat (ie Luke Cage) is there any chance that Hot Toys might make any figures off of this show?

Back