Hot Toys - MMS 189 - SSC Ex The Avengers: Agent Phil Coulson (Specs and Pics)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No I think they meant that the bleach working out so it made the brown into the correct shade of orange was a fluke.

Personally I think HT already bought all the correct orange fabric to make the suits and found out that they couldn't make them orange so they over dyed them so not to lose the money on the fabric. Which is why you can strip the color of so easily.

Anything brown I have ever bleached has turned orange. It's a pretty normal reaction. Hell even brown hair if not bleached enough and if you don't use toner will turn orange.

I already PO'd mine from SS but FWIW Animarket has him for $159.95. I've never ordered from them, I just noticed it in an email and thought I'd throw it out there...

Did it say how much Shipping will be? has anybody else order from this site, thats huge savings really.

And those pictures look great! Looks just like the guy! I have a feeling that will be a great purchase! :yess:

This is one of those strange ones I think. I mean Coulson, he's seemingly just a regular guy in a black suit, he is not ugly but not typical 'Hollywood', he is not 6' 6" tall but has presence. He is confident but still softly spoken and the kind of guy that gets things done in the background. That's the character.

The figure is just a guy in a suit with a big gun. But I think he is going to sell much better than most people think. Due mainly to Mr. Gregg's ability to be Coulson. We all know that despite some complaints about how they have done the arms and about face sculpts etc that the big 5 from the movie are going to sell like hot cakes on a cold day, but also I think that Agent Phil will be just one of at least 2 sleeper hits from THE AVENGERS.

...We all know that despite some complaints about how they have done the arms and about face sculpts etc that the big 5 from the movie are going to sell like hot cakes on a cold day, but also I think that Agent Phil will be just one of at least 2 sleeper hits from THE AVENGERS.

I agree with everything you said about Coulson, and I also think this figure will sell well despite being "a guy in a suit" (I've ordered mine!), but I'm curious - what do you think the other "sleeper hit" is/will be?

Avengers P/O: Loki, Black Widow, Cap, COULSON! In-hand: Nick Fury, Hawkeye... Would love IM Mark VII and Thor and Hulk... think I need a HT sugar daddy!

This is one of those strange ones I think. I mean Coulson, he's seemingly just a regular guy in a black suit, he is not ugly but not typical 'Hollywood', he is not 6' 6" tall but has presence. He is confident but still softly spoken and the kind of guy that gets things done in the background. That's the character.

The figure is just a guy in a suit with a big gun. But I think he is going to sell much better than most people think. Due mainly to Mr. Gregg's ability to be Coulson. We all know that despite some complaints about how they have done the arms and about face sculpts etc that the big 5 from the movie are going to sell like hot cakes on a cold day, but also I think that Agent Phil will be just one of at least 2 sleeper hits from THE AVENGERS.

:exactly: I agree with everything you typed here. And yes, I too think he will be a hit and will sell out promptly! To put simply, the overall character (and actor) has a subtle charisma. :wink1:

I got mines pre-ordered :) I don't know if I should pre-order another one or 2 more for trade purpose. Too much releases to be ordering doubles...

I agree with everything you said about Coulson, and I also think this figure will sell well despite being "a guy in a suit" (I've ordered mine!), but I'm curious - what do you think the other "sleeper hit" is/will be?

Avengers P/O: Loki, Black Widow, Cap, COULSON! In-hand: Nick Fury, Hawkeye... Would love IM Mark VII and Thor and Hulk... think I need a HT sugar daddy!

Well I think we already have one of the other sleepers in-hand...The Hawk. Already sold out across most of the wholesalers, still pops up at BBTS/others but at marked up prices, wait-list converting on SSC. Likewise, Nick Fury. As a straw poll I decided to look a little closer at NF to see how easy it would trying to get one. I tried eBay and there were 3 as B.I.N. sales priced out at £203.99, £199, £199 and £160. These equate to $325.79, $317.84, $317.84 and $255.54 respectively.

There were 3 on regular auction form the sale seller on eBay, but...I don't know, seems off to me. A 99.4% rating but they are mostly the same thing again and again.

eBay site that is interesting

I looked up 8 other online stores and the only Nick Furys I could find in stock were at...

GoHastings.

and...

Forbidden Planet.co.uk

I suspect that Black Widow will go the same way too.

As per usual, likeness looks a lot better in photos and amateur photos of the figure on display than it does in HT's promotional pictures. I swear they over photoshop stuff or something.

Back