Hot Toys - MMS 189 - SSC Ex The Avengers: Agent Phil Coulson (Specs and Pics)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looked like blood to me.
If Fury didn't go and put some of Coulson's actual blood on the cards, then it would have had to have been blood from the infirmary on board.
Anyone would know the difference between ketchup and blood.
All the movie states is that Coulson kept his trading cards in his locker.

During the movie I was was wondering how Fury knew where the cards were, unless Coulson told him. Also Fury was the only one that "saw" Coulson die. And the entire movie is based on Fury being a liar.

During the movie I was was wondering how Fury knew where the cards were, unless Coulson told him. Also Fury was the only one that "saw" Coulson die. And the entire movie is based on Fury being a liar.

Seems like everyone knew Coulson was a big Cap fan.
If he lived on the carrier(Which is probably unlikely), he would have quarters, but in the event he lived elsewhere, he would be hot-bunking on the carrier while he was stationed there, and would have a locker for personal possessions.

Also, i'd say that the entire movie is based around Fury being able to *massage* the truth to save the world from disaster. He certainly got the job done.

Revised Head Sculpt

They've already revised the headsculpt for the better. The original prototype was far too serious; I distinctly remember Agent Coulson almost always having a bit of a smirk on his face - the new sculpt captures the character far better!

Revised:
35890_450365615025434_1430014070_n.jpg

483621_450365661692096_1444888107_n.jpg

Original:
390218_10151129315902344_1754683663_n.jpg

404979_10151129316827344_1746212445_n.jpg

It's the same headsculpt.
These things always look slightly changed under different lighting.
And that's just different lighting.
Normally i would agree. but in all of the photos taken by on.cc, coulson appears to have a smirk on the left side of his face. In all of the official photos he looks dead serious; if it were a trick of the light I don't believe there'd be such consistency.

Normally i would agree. but in all of the photos taken by on.cc, coulson appears to have a smirk on the left side of his face. In all of the official photos he looks dead serious; if it were a trick of the light I don't believe there'd be such consistency.

It's a trick of the light. Hot Toys are using diffused light, all around, but main light is off to the left of the image.
Those other pics you showed have very strong light, from right and left.
check the shadows and highlights.
Totally different lighting.
Totally different photographs as a result.
Exactly the same product.

Yeah, I always felt that Coulson could easily be alive since it was Fury that told everyone he was dead. I mean we saw him "die" but then the medics attended to him. So I'm in the camp that thinks Fury just lied to them to get them to come together. The ends justified the means. Fury has done that kind of stuff for years in the comics.

So I don't think it will be this huge twist to bring him back. Just a simple "Fury lied" and move on. I'm just wondering when they will reveal that he's alive? Iron Man 3? SHIELD Pilot? Thor 2? Cap 2? That's the only real question IMO.

Yeah, I always felt that Coulson could easily be alive since it was Fury that told everyone he was dead. I mean we saw him "die" but then the medics attended to him. So I'm in the camp that thinks Fury just lied to them to get them to come together. The ends justified the means. Fury has done that kind of stuff for years in the comics.

So I don't think it will be this huge twist to bring him back. Just a simple "Fury lied" and move on. I'm just wondering when they will reveal that he's alive? Iron Man 3? SHIELD Pilot? Thor 2? Cap 2? That's the only real question IMO.

Well it could make for a dark twist to the Avengers. Manipulation. Deceit. Team pissed at Fury.

That would require them to be happy with Fury already. That would be more of a twist then them pissed at him :lol I think everyone is already pissed at Fury.

Coulson is alive it's just going to be a case of how or what went down, I reckon we'll get a peak in the next movie released, IM3, Thor 2, a hint or a glimpse of what his fate was/is. Well, that's what I want anyway.:lol

I really like this figure but I'm undecided on purchasing it at the moment.

When this figure is no longer available is when people will want it just like the Gordon figure...I for one am not waiting and plus I really like Coulson as a character and as a change of pace to my collection...pre orderd..:yess:

When this figure is no longer available is when people will want it just like the Gordon figure...I for one am not waiting and plus I really like Coulson as a character and as a change of pace to my collection...pre orderd..:yess:

Exactly! Its always the figures people pass on that everyone wants later on. Fury and Hawkeye are good recent examples of that in addition to Gordon.

when i seen the pic of Hill i thought it was a hint.
they have the body and outfit..just need the sculpt.it will be done..HT see too much cash in the Avenger line.

I'm hoping to see her as a Con exclusive in the future. And you are right, most of her parts are already made.

Looked like blood to me.
If Fury didn't go and put some of Coulson's actual blood on the cards, then it would have had to have been blood from the infirmary on board.
Anyone would know the difference between ketchup and blood.
All the movie states is that Coulson kept his trading cards in his locker.

Point is, it's not Coulson's blood. But yeah, it's probably still blood. :D

It would be cool if Coulson was the first LMD, and he's just one that SHIELD uses constantly and he shows up again, but Whedon loves killing off characters people respond strongly to, so my guess is Coulson really is dead.

Back