Hot Toys - MMS 189 - SSC Ex The Avengers: Agent Phil Coulson (Specs and Pics)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS - The Avengers: Agent Phil Coulson

By the time they do get round to do it there'll be no one left who want to order anymore, this is a character that requires a figure right away as people will forget him not too long after. + as prices go up every few months he'll cost more than he would've done meaning there'll be very few willing to drop $200+ on it

For a second, I thought you were talking about this figure. Might as well be.

IMG_8348.JPG

Nah man, Coulson has been in 4 motion pictures and was also the star of 2 short films. Don't forget that his role in the Avengers was very important. There's a market out there for this figure.

Coulson was an awesome character. He may not look spectacular but I think there will always be a fanbase for this figure. He probably won't sell as good as an Iron Man figure, but then again, they will probably have a smaller production run.

That being said, I hope we don't have to wait for the specs and pics too long :)

Think more along the lines of Green Lantern waiting because...

By the time they do get round to do it there'll be no one left who want to order anymore, this is a character that requires a figure right away as people will forget him not too long after. + as prices go up every few months he'll cost more than he would've done meaning there'll be very few willing to drop $200+ on a guy in a suit

Since I'm a noob who's just gotten into 1/6th scale figs since The Avengers came out, I have no idea what size the usual Hot Toys edition is, but Coulson does have some dedicated fans. Don't know how many of them are also collectors, or might become collectors, but I've been wanting a Coulson 1/6th scale since I learned there were such things, so I'm a solid sale (or possibly two, depending on finances :) )

Since I'm a noob who's just gotten into 1/6th scale figs since The Avengers came out, I have no idea what size the usual Hot Toys edition is, but Coulson does have some dedicated fans. Don't know how many of them are also collectors, or might become collectors, but I've been wanting a Coulson 1/6th scale since I learned there were such things, so I'm a solid sale (or possibly two, depending on finances :) )

I too jumped on board with the announcement of the Avengers license! So far I have IM MVI and Nick Fury! Looking forward to Hawkeye next and the rest of the gang.... Which includes Phil! :wave

I too jumped on board with the announcement of the Avengers license! So far I have IM MVI and Nick Fury! Looking forward to Hawkeye next and the rest of the gang.... Which includes Phil! :wave

:wave
I'm jealous about the Nick Fury - I dithered about spending the money for too long, so I missed him - but I've got Hawkeye shipping ~10/26, and Black Widow, Loki and Cap already on order. I'd like an Iron Man fig, but haven't been able to make up my mind which version :dunno . Hulk would be great, if I can swing it, but for me, Agent Coulson is an imperative.

Don't worry. When the hype slows down there will be a mad dash of Fury sell offs.

Coulson may not be the most popular of the Avengers characters, but he's still an Avenger character. I'm willing to bet there's a bigger market for him then say, the rest of the chicks from Sucker Punch...

Don't worry. When the hype slows down there will be a mad dash of Fury sell offs.

:lecture

Patience is key to winning the HT game.

I'm jealous about the Nick Fury - I dithered about spending the money for too long, so I missed him - but I've got Hawkeye shipping ~10/26, and Black Widow, Loki and Cap already on order. I'd like an Iron Man fig, but haven't been able to make up my mind which version :dunno . Hulk would be great, if I can swing it, but for me, Agent Coulson is an imperative.

Its not too late for Fury.... :wink1:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Hot-Toys-N...805?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item564c593795

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Nick-Fury-...755?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item43b447713b

Coulson lives in the S.H.I.E.L.D. series. Now I'm even more anxious about this figure.

:yess: And now Agent Coulson is not going to be just a supporting character in a couple of films, but a major player in a Joss Whedon series, so will likely have wider appeal as a sixth-scale fig. I have just mentally upped my pre-order to two Coulsons for sure.

You can still get Fury from BBTS. He is marked as "sold out" but quite frequently comes back in stock. I have seen his stock change status at least 4 times in this past week. I even purchased one last week and it arrived on Monday. Just keep reloading the BBTS page for Fury.

Coulson lives in the S.H.I.E.L.D. series. Now I'm even more anxious about this figure.

For real!!! That is the best news I have heard all day. I was really devastated when they kill Coulson in the Avengers and kept on hoping he will show up again at the end and when he didn't I was really down for a while.

Coulson to me represents the fanboy in all of us. He is a normal man among superhero and the only constant among all the Marvel films.

Wuh. That kind of thing never really happens... sure people sell off but it's always more than retail with Hot Toys.

Wuh. That kind of thing never really happens... sure people sell off but it's always more than retail with Hot Toys.

Uuuuunnnnnless it's New Goblin. Oh wait, is he even sold out yet?

For real!!! That is the best news I have heard all day. I was really devastated when they kill Coulson in the Avengers and kept on hoping he will show up again at the end and when he didn't I was really down for a while.

Coulson to me represents the fanboy in all of us. He is a normal man among superhero and the only constant among all the Marvel films.

:exactly: Well put.

Not only that (well put by the way), but he brought a real dry humour to the Avengers (not to mention the others). A very subtle and almost British sense of understated comedy that ran a neat counterpoint to the tension.

"I gotta say, it's an honour to meet you, officially. I sort of met you, I mean, I watched you while you were sleeping. I mean, I was, I was present while you were unconscious, from the ice."

Got a good laugh out of that in the cinema. So awkward....

Back