Hot Toys - MMS 189 - SSC Ex The Avengers: Agent Phil Coulson (Specs and Pics)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
His role was fleeting enough in Avengers he could play a different character… or hell you could put him on the SHIELD show as an ex-NYC cop who after the invasion in NYC he joined SHIELD.

That's fair enough. I didn't pick up on him the first time through.
But it's unlikely to happen.
As cool as it would be to see a cast reunion from the Whedonverse, it won't happen.
Maybe some guest stars.
The SHIELD tv show will be mega cool from the get go.
I am certainly looking forward to it.

I really think he just doesn't want to do any big acting roles. He's only had cameos since Dollhouse and I know he does other stuff. I know he's into mechanical engineering, he's patented some new film camera equipment. So maybe he's more interested in doing that stuff.

I really think he just doesn't want to do any big acting roles. He's only had cameos since Dollhouse and I know he does other stuff. I know he's into mechanical engineering, he's patented some new film camera equipment. So maybe he's more interested in doing that stuff.
I imagine that if he has patented new camera equipment, that will keep him in the dough more than acting would. Wasn't he in Dexter for a few episodes a couple of seasons back?
It sticks in my mind he played a gay russian hitman.

Yeah he was on Dexter for a few episodes and he was on Community for a few episodes. Looking at his roles since Dollhouse he's been on a lot of tv shows but only ever for an episode or two.

A blogger by the name Riverspoons posted these pics from his trip to Toy Sapiens. Don't think they have been posted yet.

xPXynkr.jpg

CVa44yB.jpg

f378HDa.jpg

:lecture:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

What happened to the sculpt?! Was considering picking him up too but nevermind on that.
They had it spot on from the start, he looks 20 years younger now!

I'm afraid about Loki now, I really hope they didn't change the sculpt.

Hot-Toys-The-Avengers-Agent-Phil-Coulson-1.jpg

CVa44yB.jpg

What happened to the sculpt?! Was considering picking him up too but nevermind on that.

You know lighting can make all the difference right?

You can't honestly base your hopes for the future of the line on one washed out photo from a convention :lol remember those horrible Mark VII photos? It'll be fine :hi5:

You know lighting can make all the difference right?
Yes, I do, learned well of that from the Iron Man figures but not to the extent where he looks completely different. There has been Loki window prototypes from time to time and it looks exactly like the promo.

This one it looks like they completely redid the sculpt from start.

You can't honestly base your hopes for the future of the line on one washed out photo from a convention :lol remember those horrible Mark VII photos? It'll be fine :hi5:

Eh, Iron Man just looks different as far as the color of the armor but this looks like an completely different sculpt as if they redid it. Not surprised if they did because there hasn't been any window pictures of this guys since forever.

Pretty sure they changed the sculpt. Lighting is not an issue as far as where this was displayed. All the other figures looks great.

riverspoons_hot_toys_display_ironman_mark6.jpg

riverspoons_hot_toys_display_wolverine_02.jpg

Last edited:

Hot-Toys-The-Avengers-Agent-Phil-Coulson-1.jpg

CVa44yB.jpg

I have to agree, it looks like when they need to fix something some times they do, some times they don't, and when they don't need to fix anything they **** it up.

Yes, I do, learned well of that from the Iron Man figures but not to the extent where he looks completely different. There has been Loki window prototypes from time to time and it looks exactly like the promo.

This one it looks like they completely redid the sculpt from start.

Eh, Iron Man just looks different as far as the color of the armor but this looks like an completely different sculpt as if they redid it. Not surprised if they did because there hasn't been any window pictures of this guys since forever.

Pretty sure they changed the sculpt. Lighting is not an issue as far as where this was displayed. All the other figures looks great.
[/IMG]

The lighting is too washed out and the finer details are going to virtually disappear. Coulson had alot of fine lines on his face. The dynamic lighting will have to wait until OMG gets ahold of this guy.

You know what, if he's going to be on this SHIELD TV Show, and it's basically a flashback deal they probably made him look younger for that and forgot about how he looked in Avengers altogether.

It's not the lines I'm concerned about, it's the actual sculpt, the eyes are different as well. It's definitely not the same sculpt, lighting or not. Look back and forth between the two pictures and you'll notice the difference.

Back