Hot Toys - MMS 158 -Sucker Punch: 1/6th scale Amber Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is a problem with both likenesses, Baby Doll more than Amber and no matter how much you love or revere the license it exists. Now it might something you and others are willing to except and that's fine but that doesn't mean others shouldn't voice their opinion on a discussion board. I have no doubts that HT will tweak the likenesses and sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't but I would agree that what we have seen from GG so far likeness wise is better than what we've seen from HT so far.

The thing is at SDCC I guarantee that they'll be at the SSC booth and we can see it outside of the HT photography.

My brother in law went to UCR with her...

told me she looks better in person and this is totally off.

hahah just kidding, it looks good... but my brother did go to school with her.

GG may or may not have stronger likeness... but those paint apps fail in comparison to HT... and cost much more.

GG is definitely weaker in production but until both pieces are in hand it'll be tough to compare. Q4 for this and judging by how slow GG is moving probably Q4 for that as well :lol

At least with GG there's a chance we'll get all 5 girls, with HT there is virtually no chance.
HT's attention span is terrible.

Last edited:
I really wish Ht wouldn't over stretch themselves like they've been doing, there have been a ton of licenses announced too soon, then when they finally come around its at a time of a bunch of other figures are ready to go.

They are over-saturating the market, customers like myself will have to choose between two great figures because i could only afford the one, and that is a lost sale, which wouldnt have been if it was released a little later.

The 3rd quarter is madness with HT at the moment, and there are figs i'd like but that dont take precidence over the many others already on pre-order.

They need to slow down a little, spread the release schedule more.

I'm pretty sure Sweeney Todd was announced after Jack Sparrow and yet that is coming first.

I want them to stop the 4th Quarter release after two more announcements, dont overfeed the customer or he'll get too full to want anymore.

Yea, companies need to stop making things because some can't afford them. Like everything in life, you pick and choose based on what you have.

I don't think they've streteched themselves at all. You put out a product that you think will sell.

Sweeney looks much simpler to make than Sparrow, thus the short production time. Sweeney is nice, but will prolly be a low seller. These Sucker Punch girls prolly outsell him.

I got 7 on pre-order and this will likely come out sooner than later, i want some breathing room, a little space between releases and i'll get more = more money for Hot Toys

Liking what I've seen. Portraits need a few tweaks, but I like it so far. Ambers look always made me think of Paolo Parente's DUST-
poster06.jpg

dust-wars-comic-1.jpg

She looks amazing. But the lack of accesories is a little... disappointing. They could have included the helmet at least.

282283_10150245249322695_171646362694_7678317_4267561_n.jpg
5932132079_7f8b9bbee3.jpg

Last edited:
Expression seems a bit blank (kind of like the other figure) but the rest is stellar work. Not sure how HT pulled off that outfit... but that is some damn fine work.

Back