Hot Toys - MMS 158 -Sucker Punch: 1/6th scale Amber Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not to take away from the story but visually I thought it was fantastic and I don't mean (just) the girls.

Re: Sucker Punch: 1/6th scale Amber Collectible Figure

I really hope they actually complete the main cast for this. I don't know why Hot Toys is rushing through every license these days. It is like they are in a race, but they are the only participant. No need to run. It's not like it does this a disservice either.

I imagine fans are more inclined to buy figures if they know there is more in store for them if they do. For example, I won't bother with the Kevin sculpt from Tron Legacy, but if more Legacy figures came out, I would try to pick him up because their addition gives him much more potential as a figure and as a display piece.

But that's going off topic. Amber's sculpt is much better than Baby Doll's as Amber at least has some positive emotion to it and she isn't scaring me. Honestly, I think Hot Toys's fatal flaw is female face sculpts. I haven't been impressed with a single one. Either they have blank stares like Jill and Black Widow or they...Baby Doll...

This, i loathe when a film with great HT potential is dropped after one or two characters.

I want more Tron Legacy, a "First Class" Team setup, the iron man figures are great but alot of them are the same character in different armours, not much for team building.

Not trying to hate or be mean, but they did capture the crosseyed appearance of the actress that played the role. :lol

jamie-Chung.jpg

Congrats SP fans. :clap Hopefully you'll get the other girls.

I'm glad they made her but there is A LOT of room for improvement on the head sculpt.

Doesn't look like Jamie Chung at all, imo. Gentle Giant has a way better sculpt. :(

i fell bad for the sculptors.

They work hard to make something and then there are hundreds who dismiss it in an instant.

I for one am saying thanks for your hard work, it's not perfect but it looks damn good.

Not impressed at all by the likeness, or the expression. Maybe it's the lens, but it looks like she's got too wide a face. These releases fall short of the mark IMO - both ladies have got to look sexy and these ain't sexy.

Hmm she comes with the ligter ("fire") and the knife. Babydoll with the key and the map... Doesn't leave anything for the rest of the girls to have. I know movie wise Amber and Baby are the ones that really acquired those items but it kind of makes me lose hope for the other girls to be released

Haha, what is this, payback for all the Enterbay bashing this board has done? Calm down buddy.
Funny how most people are positive towards the fig though.
How is it 'payback' if I agree with people who think the sculpt likeness is off? Sorry if the majority agrees with that and it bothers you, but you'll get over it :lol

Not impressed at all by the likeness, or the expression. Maybe it's the lens, but it looks like she's got too wide a face. These releases fall short of the mark IMO - both ladies have got to look sexy and these ain't sexy.

Case and point. :lol

I'm completely baffled by the people who have an issue with the likeness on this one.

Don't be baffled, happens all the time. We see with the brain as much as the eyes, and the brain sees all sorts of sheet that may or may not actually be there :)

It's the trendy thing to do. Can' afford it so they bash it. :dunno

I don't think that's it. People are just expecting perfection every single time with Hot Toys when it's impossible. I don't think this likeness is as strong as it could've been on this one, certainly no where as good as their new Bale, Downey Jr, Franco or Reeves, imo..

Back