Hot Toys - MMS 103 - X-Men Origins: Wolverine - Wolverine Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Who came first in that poll? It was probably before my (very recent) time...

Spiderman is for kids, Ghost Rider, Blade, Rorschach, these are adult characters. Not being insulting but figs of this price hit a certain market and they aint 10 :) Maybe "adult" prices lead to adult characters taking the lead. Anyone can have a spidey for $5...would you really pay $120?

Not a hottoys one :rolleyes:
And yes i would gladly give Hot Tos money for A GOOD figure :D

Also consider that Spider-man is the cash cow. Hot Toys isn't just gonna throw him out there like bait for the sharks. Ghost rider is the appetizer , spider-man is the steak :lol

They probably decided whoever won the poll would be last:D

I wouldn't say spiderman was for kids , in this market specifically. I think when hot toys can sell wolverine figures , predator and alien figures they could just as easily sell spiderman stuff.
I'd buy a hot toys spiderman personally and ALOT of other guys on here would too. Think of the spiderman premium format statues too. If spiderman is for kids , the ones buying those statues must be loaded. :lol

:) I was on a limb there, thank god someone agrees!!

I've been drinking...XBL anyone? Deggit28...

I love Batman, Superman, Spider-man Etc but I guess as I've matured I want some 'adult characters' from comic books because it's like how many times can I buy a Spider-man figure or a Hulk figure, also when so many of these cool characters are neglected.

I would love to see HT make a punisher, jigsaw (how amazing would that head sculpt be!) Nick Fury, etc..But I really want a HT quality spider-man the most.

I bet spider-man or x-men will be last because they can make way more figures from that line. It seems like HT might be making like just Blade and just ghostrider, in other words they are probably just making one figure per line for certain movies, whereas they could make a lot more characters from the spidey films (spidey, parker, black suit spidey, green goblin/norman, goblin 2/harry, sandman, venom, doc ock, and maybe MJ)

i'd personally suggest a bruce campbell with interchangeable costumes for each role he has played in the spidey movies :D

I would consider purchasing any Marvel movie figures regardless of character audience (kid or adult) or box office total. I would buy a "well-done" figure from Ghost Rider, Daredevil, Fantastic Four, Punisher as easily Spiderman, X-Men and Hulk. Bring em on :rock

Nothing in the November Newsletter about Wolverine being released anytime soon....

Last edited:
Who came first in that poll? It was probably before my (very recent) time...

Spiderman is for kids, Ghost Rider, Blade, Rorschach, these are adult characters. Not being insulting but figs of this price hit a certain market and they aint 10 :) Maybe "adult" prices lead to adult characters taking the lead. Anyone can have a spidey for $5...would you really pay $120?

Hulk was first, Spider-man was second in the poll as to who the favorite Marvel Character is. Apparently there are many 'Kids' out there. All I can say is "Hot Toys, do your best with whichever Marvel Characters you release." They will be appreciated by many.

Last edited:
I would consider purchasing any Marvel movie figures regardless of character audience (kid or adult) or box office total. I would buy a "well-done" figure from Ghost Rider, Daredevil, Fantastic Four, Punisher as easily Spiderman, X-Men and Hulk. Bring em on :rock

Nothing in the November Newsletter about Wolverine being released anytime soon....

Oh that sucks. I hope it's still coming out 'soon' as toyhunters stated.

I'm sure it's coming soon, I only take the newsletter as cashing in on hype, there's no hype for Wolverine, but Terminator hits DVD/BR this Tuesday, so they want to push Connor into people's minds while the movie comes out.

I'm sure it's coming soon, I only take the newsletter as cashing in on hype, there's no hype for Wolverine, but Terminator hits DVD/BR this Tuesday, so they want to push Connor into people's minds while the movie comes out.

If they were smart they show have announced it's release the week Wolverine came out on DVD. They're rushing out V2 Connor and he hasn't been announced for long.

If they were smart they show have announced it's release the week Wolverine came out on DVD. They're rushing out V2 Connor and he hasn't been announced for long.

Connor v2 wasn't announced long ago, but the costume and base have been done for quite some time, and quite possbily, the figure was in production well before we knew about it, with the T:S success they may have just decided to roll the dice and put it into production before taking orders.

Wolverine's a new body, and a body that also has to be painted, which is new for HT, usually it's just head and accessories to be painted but now the body too, and it's their first production run of it. I think Connor and Wolverine are both on schedule, but things we don't know about behind the scenes are probably the reason that to most, Connor seems to be coming out very fast.

man, i hope he's on schedule. I was really hoping that I could get this guy for Christmas, but I'm slightly worried because I've been hearing late November from some and like, January from others (on toy worlds facebook)

on another note, this may be a dumb question, but are HT figures really hand painted??

awesome, thank you Maul.

I actually just checked ebay, and a seller on there says he'll be in stock next week, I believe he is a pretty credible seller, and I recall him having a lot of stuff first!! :banana

Back