Hot Toys - MMS 103 - X-Men Origins: Wolverine - Wolverine Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Your going to judge that figure on a headsculpt we may never have? (or have had)

What do you mean? It's an integral part of the final product, in my opinion. Granted, we've yet to see what the rest of the figure looks like, but I can expect it to match what the official pics have shown, which is doing a lot on my part since Hot Toys have already failed on one large aspect of it.

That's all I'll say about that figure here. Don't want to take this thread too far off topic, again.

What do you mean? It's an integral part of the final product, in my opinion. Granted, we've yet to see what the rest of the figure looks like, but I can expect it to match what the official pics have shown, which is doing a lot on my part since Hot Toys have already failed on a large aspect of it.

That's all I'll say about that figure here. Don't want to take this thread too far off topic, again.

It wasn't a final sculpt and granted that statement has cop out written all over it on HT's part but what if you never saw that sculpt. Would the figure still suck?

010-14.jpg

006-22.jpg

There's really not much to DX with Wolverine.

Hot Toys announced the license for the X-Men, Blade and Spiderman trilogies last summer, but so far Blade's the only figure made from those. Odds are, if HT does actually make figures from the X-Men trilogy, Wolverine will be one of them, if not the only one again.

There's really not much to DX with Wolverine.

Hot Toys announced the license for the X-Men, Blade and Spiderman trilogies last summer, but so far Blade's the only figure made from those. Odds are, if HT does actually make figures from the X-Men trilogy, Wolverine will be one of them, if not the only one again.

I am curious why no other Marvel figures have been announced. It has been about 7 mos., I image something should been on the radar by now.

Heck, T2 was announced in January and they have two figures already. A bummer for us Marvel fans for certain. :confused:

meh, since the license was announced, We have gotten Wolverine, Blade, and BD iron man.
HT has already confirmed X-men trilogy FIGURES, as well as spider-man trilogy Figures. Patience, there will be more.

But Blade is the only figure from the trilogies, and we knew Wolverine was being made before the trilogy announcement. Iron Man is a continuation of a line they were already producing in.

They have been slow to move on the trilogies they said they acquired liceneses for, one figure from 3 films. Not saying more won't come, it's just very strange how HT operates sometimes. You hear about T2 and you have 2 figures within about a month, then you hear about Inglorious Bastards and Marvel trilogies and months pass with little done with them.

But Blade is the only figure from the trilogies, and we knew Wolverine was being made before the trilogy announcement. Iron Man is a continuation of a line they were already producing in.

They have been slow to move on the trilogies they said they acquired liceneses for, one figure from 3 films. Not saying more won't come, it's just very strange how HT operates sometimes. You hear about T2 and you have 2 figures within about a month, then you hear about Inglorious Bastards and Marvel trilogies and months pass with little done with them.

i'm beginning to think that we're only gonna get one blade from the line. maybe, just MAYBE one more character. same goes for xmen.

spiderman is on a different level. i can see them doing what they did with iron man and TDK.

so folks...feel like you've been 'burned' by HT and their constant upgrades? when spiderman is announced, i guess waiting wouldn't hurt.

That's why I wouldn't be surprised at all if they only did a Wolverine from the trilogy. The current Wolverine seems to be a very well received figure, if they delivered a trilogy figure of him that was at least as good as the Origins figure, I think they'd have another big seller, and Medicom did just Wolverine so no reason HT couldn't, except it sucks for us collectors wanting more. I was thinking about this Origins figure earlier, and it really does suck to not have an opponent for him, it's a beautiful figure but I just feel like he needs a villain counterpoint.

Might be too early to say but this guy might be a sleeper it terms of hard to find later. If online places are any indication.
(sold out at a lot of places you should normally be able to get him.)

Well, other than debatable Hugh Jackman likeness, I think Hot Toys pretty much got everything about this figure right. The body turned out great, the cotuming is some of the best they've ever done, the paint apps are fantastic, the real metal blades are a great touch.

It also helps that this costume is pretty much Logan's casual outfit in all the X-Men films, so even if Origins wasn't popular with people, I think any fan of Jackman Wolverine could find this figure to be awesome and worth getting.

The only thing really making it an Origins Wolverine is the Origins hairstyle. While it differs from the trilogy look, it's not so different that you couldn't confuse one for the other, they did do the origins hair to sort of lead into his trilogy look, by the end of the movie it was almost there. Speaking of that, I love how he managed to get a hair cut before climbing to the top of the reactor :lol

Back