Hot Toys Iron Man Fade Issue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone here knows how to fix loose knee joints for iron man hot toys?

I use this to repair loose joints. The 3 step easy method:

1. Open the joint, believe its screws holding it together.

2. Apply some nail polish at joint, wait for it to dry.

3. fit back, should be tight already. If not repeat 1 to 3 again applying more coats.

Hope it helps

Erm sorry to ask but what kinda nail polish? As in the ones that girls use to paint their nails?

I use this to repair loose joints. The 3 step easy method:

1. Open the joint, believe its screws holding it together.

2. Apply some nail polish at joint, wait for it to dry.

3. fit back, should be tight already. If not repeat 1 to 3 again applying more coats.

Hope it helps

I'm interested in doing this, but curious on how long does this last? Does the nail polish eventually erode away after so much movement after time?

I posted a while back that I believed that the discoloring may be due to the silica pack included with the figures. My displayed figures are not discolored; however, my sealed MISB figures that include the silica pack all have pink rubber parts.

I just purchased a brand new sealed Mark III (clean) and noticed it did not come packaged with a silica pack. The rubber sections are just as dark as the hard armored parts. I still believe my assumption about the silica pack more than ever now.

Mark3Clean3w.jpg

What a beautiful picture this is.

I posted a while back that I believed that the discoloring may be due to the silica pack included with the figures. My displayed figures are not discolored; however, my sealed MISB figures that include the silica pack all have pink rubber parts.

I just purchased a brand new sealed Mark III (clean) and noticed it did not come packaged with a silica pack. The rubber sections are just as dark as the hard armored parts. I still believe my assumption about the silica pack more than ever now.

Mark3Clean3w.jpg

This is mk 3 2nd batch. It will never fade becoz that is the color of the rubber and it's not painted. 1st batch is more metallic and it will fade. I hv the 1st and 2nd batch. My other marks will fade whether its display or in the box. Seems in the box is faster in fading. I tried the below. Just sharing my experience.

Before:

4ccb018a.jpg

All you need:

1eaec404.jpg

Result:

c2545dd7.jpg

My second attempt. 1st attempt was on mk 3 BD

Last edited:
No painting needed as that is the original rubber color. It's in matt though so glaze it to gloss. I was told if u paint it u Sud not bend it coz paint might cracked. With what I did u can still bend it without worry.

No painting needed as that is the original rubber color. It's in matt though so glaze it to gloss. I was told if u paint it u Sud not bend it coz paint might cracked. With what I did u can still bend it without worry.

Stupid because it's right there in the picture but what is that? Did you use both of those cans in that picture?

This is mk 3 2nd batch. It will never fade becoz that is the color of the rubber and it's not painted. 1st batch is more metallic and it will fade. I hv the 1st and 2nd batch. My other marks will fade whether its display or in the box. Seems in the box is faster in fading. I tried the below. Just sharing my experience.

:horror Whoah, I never thought Mark III had a 2nd batch back in those days. :cuckoo:

Back