Hot Toys Iron Man Fade Issue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is ridiculous! My second hot toys figure was a Mark 3 BD exclusive, purchased on ebay BNIB in shipper and what do I find? Faded torso and undies. Pretty pissed...

This is a huge turn off to a new collector who paid like $330 for this friggin' thing...

Might sell it for $200 to anyone who might want to mod it out...hmm...

This is ridiculous! My second hot toys figure was a Mark 3 BD exclusive, purchased on ebay BNIB in shipper and what do I find? Faded torso and undies. Pretty pissed...

This is a huge turn off to a new collector who paid like $330 for this friggin' thing...

Might sell it for $200 to anyone who might want to mod it out...hmm...

I'm sorry for heard that :(

My first Hot Toys figure was the Mark III, I bought it the last year, when I saw the torso... It wasn't all faded but was visible, so I sold it and bought a Mark IV that's WAY BETTER and doesn't look like a cheap toy...

Try to fix it! in the previous page someone had posted a solution to the problem.

I don't trust myself fixing it...rather sell it at a loss and have someone else with more skills deal with it. Thanks

Still don't know what to think about this.

So many theories.

I'm getting a Mark IV and Mark VI both unopened. Pictures show no hint of fading. I'm going to display these guys so they're getting taken for sure.

If the problem is the silica gel as some have speculated then I'm good right?

How much of an effect does light really have on them? I'm not planning on displaying them in direct sunlight but They're not going to be in the shadows either.

If there hasn't been a fade noticed after a year plus unopened, is it safe to say that these particular batches sidestepped the problem?

Dennis

Whether in the box or displayed, be prepared it will fade. The method I posted does not need any special skill. It's just need some nerve to start it. And at the moment is the cheapest method. Thinner, Car dashboard glaze, cotton ball and fine black liner are all you need.

Last edited:
Whether in the box or displayed, be prepared it will fade. The method I posted does not need any special skill. It's just need some nerve to start it. And at the moment is the cheapest method. Thinner, Car dashboard glaze, cotton ball and fine black liner are all you need.

I have to agree the method is looking pretty good so far. Any recommendations on what kind of fine black liner I could use?

my mark VI is also showing signs of fading at the "undies" area. it's a lighter shade of red than the rest of the armour. :mad:

the figure has hardly been handled, it just stands there in a display cabinet, away from dust and strong sunlight. this is prob just the paint that ht used that's reacting to the plastic/rubber of the area. sucks.

Hi Guys

I was directed here by a youtube friend and decided to give the solution of mywii a try. Looks like it worked pretty good so far - have it taped on video and will give you a little tutorial. Stay tuned...will upload it later when done with applying the gloss / nail polish.

Cheers

Hi Guys

I was directed here by a youtube friend and decided to give the solution of mywii a try. Looks like it worked pretty good so far - have it taped on video and will give you a little tutorial. Stay tuned...will upload it later when done with applying the gloss / nail polish.

Cheers

:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap

Thank you very much!!! Waiting for news :)

Hi Guys

Cheers

Great....any chance of putting at the end of your video....Solution by : mywii .....:wink1:

I was told u can't bend the undies for painting as d paint will cracked/peeled. How true is that?

Hello,

Need help.
Does this color works to use on Mark 3 BD ?
Tamiya TS-18 Metallic Red is a very different color ?!
zxsb51.jpg

Or should I use the clear red ?
Mark 3 BD has a very shine red.. I'm lost.

I thank you. :clap

Through the guidance of the video, I managed to resolve my Mark3 ver.1 fade problem.

IMG_1779.jpg

IMG_1778.jpg

IMG_1777.jpg

IMG_1776.jpg

Back