Hot Toys Iron Man Fade Issue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The only Iron man figures I have fading issues with is the old BD III, the old Mark IV and the old Mark VI.
None of the others have faded hands, crotches or pieces. I would quesion individual conditions for humidity and sun exposure outside of those known armors with the problems.

Not saying there cannot be isolated instances but I would be shocked if there are rampant issues with the most current die-cast Mark suits.

My long sold Iron Patriot had faded hands, havent checked my MK 43 in a while but I wouldnt be surprised if they were faded. My old MK VI from IM2 never faded

I wasn’t aware of any of those having problems. :/

based from my reading on this thread, looks like some people still had fading problem on their ironman DIECAST, especially on hand with soft plastic..
I just new to this hobby so i wasn't aware Hot Toys use different type of plastic on their figure..
i hope no fading problem on Mark 47 :pray:

Again, it’s a case by case. I went and checked my iron patriot hands and there is one hand that is starting to lose the color on a right repulsor open hand.
Maybe I am in the minority but just not too worried about throwing the baby out with the bath water for something that can be fixed with some alcohol and a quick shot of spray paint and gloss. Or just get on eBay and buy a spare pair that is readily available for many of the marks.

I also pulled the hands from my original Mark III which is 4 years older than the Iron Patriot and they are maticulate for color. Hot Toys is obviously going to use plastics that will have questionable longevity but as long as the plastic does not melt or brake from brittleness I am fine hitting some hands with paint when necessary.

Iron Patriot
u1pCguQ.jpg

Original Mark III
jevSTZi.jpg

Again, it’s a case by case. I went and checked my iron patriot hands and there is one hand that is starting to lose the color on a right repulsor open hand.
Maybe I am in the minority but just not too worried about throwing the baby out with the bath water for something that can be fixed with some alcohol and a quick shot of spray paint and gloss. Or just get on eBay and buy a spare pair that is readily available for many of the marks.

I also pulled the hands from my original Mark III which is 4 years older than the Iron Patriot and they are maticulate for color. Hot Toys is obviously going to use plastics that will have questionable longevity but as long as the plastic does not melt or brake from brittleness I am fine hitting some hands with paint when necessary.

Thanks for the pics :)
Do you have other Ironman diecast?
Mark 43 or 45?

Thank you :wink1:

So known Ironman DIECAST with fading problem:
- Iron Patriot
- Mark 42
- Mark 43
- Mark 45

is that true?

How about DIECAST Mark 3?

I don't have any fading issue with mk45.

No fading issue with other ironman diecast? besides iron patriot?

Nice to know that, so not all have same problem

I have no body issues with any die-cast marks. Only the one hand of iron patriot on all of my DC armors. Outside of the 3 main known pink panty plastic versions (iv,vi,vii) i have not seen a die cast armor faded.

Here's my recent experience with this continuing issue.

1. My Neca 1/4 Mk7 has pink chest, hands and panties.

2. My King arts MK42&43 have pink panty sections and hands.

3 . My sentinel Iron man figures have several with hands turning pink ( both on display and in storage)

In all...I'm realizing that ANY Iron man figure that has soft plastic parts AND is painted red ( silver with clear red overlay) WILL turn.
It's a chemical reaction to silver paint with clear red on soft plastic.

I actually had a conversation a week or 2 ago with my wife that I'm concerned that this very expensive collection will at some point either need a lot work to repair these issues or be seriously devalued.

And on a second note... Although HARD plastic doesn't have this reaction, some of my Sentinel figures ( House of M) have pink parts just due to not having enough passes with clear red during the painting process.
This left several sections with that lighter red/pink look as the base silver is showing through...

Pretty bummed...

I've repaired several figures so far..

Comicave 1/6 mk6 panties and the neca 1/4 Mk7.

The parts need to be re sprayed with Tamiya clear red.
Totally did the trick...but small parts like hands are a problem because they have black panel lining...that's a nightmare.
Spraying a whole piece that's one color is easy...but pieces like the King Arts mk43 panties are a nightmare with all that masking needed

This pic is the CC MK7.
Looks great now..those panties were very very pink.
I re shot the whole piece with clear red.

IMG_20171214_091714.jpg

Well I think it's inevitable. My MK45 hands started to fading. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

This time the color is not become pinkish but yellowish. All soft plastic parts (displayed or not) become yellowish. Hard plastic parts remains same.

Most probably MK46 will have the same issue with time.

I don't know if it's too hard to produce all the hands from hard plastic to avoid fading?

I cannot add photos because my phone cannot catch the difference like it means.

Well I think it's inevitable. My MK45 hands started to fading. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

This time the color is not become pinkish but yellowish. All soft plastic parts (displayed or not) become yellowish. Hard plastic parts remains same.

I don't know if it's too hard to produce all the hands from hard plastic to avoid fading?

It's really disheartening when you spend this much on figures.
I noticed my red skull jacket is cracking also.

Sorry to hear that..Hot Toys should not use the soft plastic anymore
what's the point of Diecast figure is they still using the soft plastic that faded over time :mad:

Back