Hot Toys Iron Man Fade Issue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why "inevitable"? Too many owners has NO fade on his figures.

Because THEY say so...

No question!

Must be true!

FACT!

Everyone will rue the day they ever got anything Iron Man!

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

Because THEY say so...

No question!

Must be true!

FACT!

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

Don't be arrogant dude. People are complaining about fadding, me included.

I've had Mark III and it turned like crap with the fadding with time, so I sold it. Then I bought the mark IV because I thought HT may solved the problem, but with time, my Mark IV is starting fadding... I'm talking about 4-5 month.

It isn't so much, only the up sides of the pelvis. I hope it remains like that and wouldn't get worse. I'm pissed because I don't pay a generous amount of money to get colour issues or whatever, for the price they asked for it should be perfect

Do you have any IM figures? How long since do you have them?

Don't be arrogant dude. People are complaining about fadding, me included.

I've had Mark III and it turned like crap with the fadding with time, so I sold it. Then I bought the mark IV because I thought HT may solved the problem, but with time, my Mark IV is starting fadding... I'm talking about 4-5 month.

It isn't so much, only the up sides of the pelvis. I hope it remains like that and wouldn't get worse. I'm pissed because I don't pay a generous amount of money to get colour issues or whatever, for the price they asked for it should be perfect

Do you have any IM figures? How long since do you have them?

I have all of them and plenty of friend that do, too, and they don't have any issues.

One of my friends tried lightly polishing his IV with turtle wax and that removed some of the gloss and paint from around the chest area.

Other than that, this is the only place I've seen a few people with problems.

Butters said:

Dammit, Butters, your new avatar is making me nauseous. :yuck

All my Iron Man figures are ok except I now notice a very faint amount of fading on the MKIII BD figure. Isn't the red on this figure different than on the MKIII figure? Which red would I use.

Butters doesn't have problems with any of his figures it seems. I thought I was pretty lucky with my toys - until I started collecting NECA and until the DX02 Batman and Iron Man Mark III, but without fail - every single thread in which some HT QC problem is discussed there's Butters - 'No, my figure's fine'. Why are you special getting these flawless figures every time?

Last edited:
How much did you sell it for? If you don't mine me asking.^^^

BTW when I bought the MKIII some guy there that said he worked with rubber and said that this was mostly only happening to a certain batches due to proper mishandling of the materials. He explained properly but I lost interest and zoned out.:lol

Sold it for $240 but I'm thinking of getting a EX version of it cause of Monger & don't care if it fade or not since my Mark III, IV & VI has this issue as well.:thud:

I've noticed a strange trend with mine. I have a few Mark suits on display on shelves and they have not faded.

The other few Mark suits I have that are MISB have ALL faded. I wonder if it's the damn moisture packet behind the figures that has some sort of chemical reaction with the rubber/paint.

I'm making this assumption that it could be the culprit since none of my fresh air exposed displayed figures have ever encountered fading.

Back