Hot Toys Iron Man Fade Issue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im honestly convinced that Hot Toys doesnt care about us, lets be honest here, we had faulty PERS systems, rubber batman suits that melted, and now this?! Comeon people...we must rebel! lol

Well their customer service regarding those issues sure sucks. If another company could step up and compete with HT in terms of # of licenses & releases I'd be happy to give them a chance. Too bad Enterbay chooses odd licenses and characters a majority of the time and drops the ball during production frequently. We're all screwed :D

If they pull this kinda karap on us when the keaton batman is released, I'm gonna organize a boycott of HT products lol

Well their customer service regarding those issues sure sucks. If another company could step up and compete with HT in terms of # of licenses & releases I'd be happy to give them a chance. Too bad Enterbay chooses odd licenses and characters a majority of the time and drops the ball during production frequently. We're all screwed :D

Yeah, HT is brilliant for their product, but their service if things goes bad is pretty lacking. I really shy from the rubber stuff because of the previous problems, but am taking some risks in the batman line. You can't not take risks there if you want a batman figure.

How much did you sell it for? If you don't mine me asking.^^^

BTW when I bought the MKIII some guy there that said he worked with rubber and said that this was mostly only happening to a certain batches due to proper mishandling of the materials. He explained properly but I lost interest and zoned out.:lol

If they pull this kinda karap on us when the keaton batman is released, I'm gonna organize a boycott of HT products lol

Yeah, HT is brilliant for their product, but their service if things goes bad is pretty lacking. I really shy from the rubber stuff because of the previous problems, but am taking some risks in the batman line. You can't not take risks there if you want a batman figure.

if history teaches us anything, Expect the rubber suit on batman to rot apart.

that reminds me... is should go get my Takara batman from my parents house... he might be ruined.

wonder if i can use this technique to fix my comic book magneto's fading purple boots.

Original Mark III - Faded
Mark III - Faded
Mark IV - Fine
First Mark VI - Faded, straight out of the box
Second Mark VI - Fine

True. But I'd be glad to pay $5 more for padded shipping in a bigger box.

If you're in the US then you can pay $10 for padding shipping in a bigger box. Other places it will jack it up a bit more, but SSC does offer this to customers. Just request a pack-out.

Fanboy Collectibles ships in a giant box with tons of foam packing peanuts. They charge no extra for this. They are hands-down the best at customer service. They know what collectors want! Sideshow points mean nothing compared to getting the product shipped safe!

Fanboy Collectibles ships in a giant box with tons of foam packing peanuts. They charge no extra for this. They are hands-down the best at customer service. They know what collectors want! Sideshow points mean nothing compared to getting the product shipped safe!

For example, this is how they packed Spider-Man!

Hot+Toys+Spider-Man+3+004.JPG

I'm not sure how many of these are fading. It just baffles me because people say it could be dust or sun or even temperature but I've had all mine since release and none of mine have faded. I have them displayed on an open shelf (they get dusted though), 10ft x 6ft windows only 6ft away (but not direct sunlight) and it gets humid/freezing in here depending on the outside temperature.

DSCF0024.jpg

Was taken back in March-ish, I just checked them and the only thing I noticed is the Mark III BD's crotch is starting to pink I think. Maybe I'm just lucky but I don't feel like dust or temperature has anything to do with it.

I've got a BD Mark III mark IV and Mark VI all I have had about a month after launch in Hong Kong. They are all stored in Detolfs whinin the same cabinet and have been since they where bought.

None have faded yet however the Mark IV seems a slightly lighter colour than the rest. I remember noticing that when i bought and the paint on the rubber parts of all the figures never quite matched the paint on the plastic 100% but my Mark IV seems the most different to either of the other two.

It's not too noticable (only in direct strong light at the right angle) and as I said they are all slightly off. But strange if it is starting to fade. They have all been exposed to the same conditions for different amounts of time (Mark III longer Mark VI shorter) but why only one would fade is beyond me. If any do start to fade then we can rule out conditions the figures have been exposed to because they are all in the same cabinet.

i dont have any fading issues on mine also, just have to keep the figure away from sunlight and protect my ironman iv with a display case, it still look clean and glossy till today.:wink1:

Back