Hot Toys Iron Man Fade Issue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is not my pic (bandito posted it )and this is the MKVI fade on the diaper.

IMG_1569.jpg

what exactly is wrong with this iron? I dont see any color fading, looks fine? can you circle the part that was faded :confused:

Does he say anywhere how he matches the color? I mean does he actual mixes it to match or is there actually a paint brand/color available in the market that is exactly what HT uses?

He said CLEAR RED acrylic no.47 from MR.COLOR

Amazon seller has the paint for around $6

[ame="https://www.amazon.com/Gundam-Mr-Color-47-Primary/dp/B0027XG6L0"]Amazon.com: Gundam Mr. Color 47 - Clear Red (Gloss / Primary) Paint 10ml. Bottle Hobby: Toys & Games[/ame]

This is really good information to know for custom projects:) Thanks!

By the way, anyone knows which color matches the gold? :)

went to a local customizer and asked for a quote to repaint the speedos. he was hesitant and didnt encourage me to have mine painted as there were some who already had theirs done but in 2-3 months, fading happens again. they say the material used has something to do with it. regardless of paint.

buffing the rubber diaper with a lens cloth made a considerable difference on my mark iii and vi. Not so much on the mark iii abdomen but the diapers i am very surprised at the difference. give it a try

I just can't understand why hot toys continue to use rubber on Iron Man...Im sure they know the fade issue a couple of months after they release the mark 3....

Now this makes me want to open mine to see if there is a problem. I REALLY hope not. My biggest critisim of SS/HT is handling problems. Especially shipping. My odin had a nice sized dent in the shipper.

Now this makes me want to open mine to see if there is a problem. I REALLY hope not. My biggest critisim of SS/HT is handling problems. Especially shipping. My odin had a nice sized dent in the shipper.

I'm pretty sure you can attribute any damage to parcels to FedEx rather than SS/HT.

Im honestly convinced that Hot Toys doesnt care about us, lets be honest here, we had faulty PERS systems, rubber batman suits that melted, and now this?! Comeon people...we must rebel! lol

Back