Hot Toys Iron Man Fade Issue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is not my pic (bandito posted it )and this is the MKVI fade on the diaper.

IMG_1569.jpg

You better hope not. I just opened mine the other night and it was faded. I went ahead and opened all of them just to make sure.

I think I remember reading that it can accelerate the fading problem :dunno

My BD mark III has slight fading, he's on display in a room with no direct sunlight. It's only very slight.

However my Mark VI straight out of the box had noticable fading on his left hip. The paint had actually been absorbed by the plastic casing that holds him in the box (leaving a section of the case slightly pink), normally the plastic casing in a hot toys box is clear or black but with the mark vi the section that holds the figure is made from white plastic, the white seems to draw out the red. So yeah if your planning on keeping him stored I'd suggest trying to remove the white section from the case. Or wrap the figure in some sort of non absorbant material/cloth.

I heard some people talking about a Car touch up pen being used to fix the fading?

Damn! Gonna have to check everything out now. :(

Hate when this type of crap happens. :mad:

No fading with mine, but even if there was I wouldn't sell it. If the undies on my mkIV fade over time I really could not give a toss to be honest.

I'll be picking up a Dragon astronaut when it's released. White costume, it'll turn yellow for sure over time. But so did the real astronaut suits. Sunlight ages stuff, so does temperature and humidity. Rubber is especially unstable when it comes to holding its pigments. It's just how stuff works. Get over it, you'll be so much happier.

I have 2 mark 4s not including the secret project. No fading. I use LED lights.

Even if it faded like that pic, it wouldn't bother me. That's not bad compared to the faded abs mark 3 that I used to have.

I had the original Mark III, and it was fading pretty badly. I sold and replaced it with the Battle Damaged Mark III. No fading I've noticed on that one so far.

... alright we all know the problem and like most including myself would like to know if anyone has been successful in "re-painting/ rectifying" the affected area, as i have plenty of gundam modeling experience to me the re-painting is pretty simple even for anyone (experienced or not), the more important question is how to dismantle the affected part/s without really damaging a +$200 HT fig.... :)

any tips, vid would be a total cure for this ... thanks in advance

... alright we all know the problem and like most including myself would like to know if anyone has been successful in "re-painting/ rectifying" the affected area, as i have plenty of gundam modeling experience to me the re-painting is pretty simple even for anyone (experienced or not), the more important question is how to dismantle the affected part/s without really damaging a +$200 HT fig.... :)

any tips, vid would be a total cure for this ... thanks in advance

er, pop the legs off and slip the undies off would seem a solid strategy :)

My IV's fading too, never displayed. Can't see IM in pink panties :horror Haven't tried anything yet. Guess slipping the speedos off and posing him in 'picking the coin' position would be the best thing to do, at least till we find a permanent cure..

My original MK3 has been on display since I got him and has faded quite a bit. Really ruins the figure and I'd love to be able to fix it somehow.

My Marks IV and VI are good. No color fading.
But my Mark III BD is a total ruin. His waist area is faded.
Any one know some way to fix ?!

Well yesterday I went to Frank & Son and picked up a OG MK III to replace the faded MK III BD. I talked to the guy about the fading and said he had some paint that works great. He said it's around $15-$20 for the bottle and brush :dunno If I try it, I will let you guys know if it works.

Well yesterday I went to Frank & Son and picked up a OG MK III to replace the faded MK III BD. I talked to the guy about the fading and said he had some paint that works great. He said it's around $15-$20 for the bottle and brush :dunno If I try it, I will let you guys know if it works.

nice! if it works, please post pictures of the whole process.:)

It would be very useful :hi5:

Back