Hot Toys ED-209 Official Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
pjam said:
You're ON INDY! :D

I'll prolly just do Hudson though, I have no problem with Drake and Ripley will get a repaint, I already have her bomber jacket waiting for her. :D

Awesome pjam...I'll probably do the bomber jacket thing too! I saw earlier in the thread you mentioned which one to get. Might wait for pics of yours to see how it looks, but I bet it'll add a little something cool to the overall look!

Just got my confirmation from AE that my ED-209 is on the way...should have it in a couple weeks (International shipping to Canada...blah, blah...)

Cooo cool Indy, I get my Ed on Thursday!

Hell, it's only been 20 years, I can wait a few more days! :D

pjam said:
Cooo cool Indy, I get my Ed on Thursday!

Hell, it's only been 20 years, I can wait a few more days! :D

Awesome pjam, Post some pictures when you get him...I've been waiting nearly 20 years for the Enforcent Droid too, so I know how ya feel! Except I have to wait a week and a half longer! :rolleyes:

Just curious of those who have received their Ed, have you noticed that the paint is darker than the product images? Mine looks more "gray" than light blue and there are more burn marks than was shown. At first I thought I might have received a "battle damaged" version but both of the sideguns are there and it is the non-weathered version although it still has quite a bit of weathering. Just wondering if anybody else noticed this.

yeah, mine looks like that as well. it's a bit darker, and also a bit greener. but the thing is AWESOME. it is huge, beautifully detailed, meticulously painted, just a beast!!!

my favorite figure I own now.

oh hi, i'm new btw.

Reinhardt said:
yeah, mine looks like that as well. it's a bit darker, and also a bit greener. but the thing is AWESOME. it is huge, beautifully detailed, meticulously painted, just a beast!!!

my favorite figure I own now.

oh hi, i'm new btw.

Welcome to the boards Reinhardt! Got any photos of ED to tide me over while I wait for mine?...

:monkey5

thanks!

I'll take a bunch tonight when i'm back home and post. it sucks to be at work right now cause all i wanna do is geek out and stare at the dang thing!

As promised:

Greatest figure EVER (IMO). I'll let the pics do the talking:

001.jpg

002.jpg

ED209Q.jpg

ED209B.jpg

ED209C.jpg

ED209D.jpg

ED209E.jpg

ED209F.jpg

ED209G.jpg

ED209H.jpg

Last edited:
Reinhardt said:
As promised:

Greatest figure EVER (IMO).

Thanks Reinhardt...Mine's in the mail as we speak, on the way from A.E.! Can't wait...should have him next week sometime...Only been waiting 20 years for a KILLER ED-209 replica...this will do nicely! :D

Awesome!! You will be VERY glad when you get it. I want to do something where when you turn the light on to the room the voice of ED-209 speaks his famous "please put down your weapon, you have 20 seconds to comply" words.

I was just thinking that too. I was wondering if there is any device that will record like 20 seconds of audio and play it back. ED needs a voice chip mod!

Reinhardt said:
As promised:

Greatest figure EVER (IMO). I'll let the pics do the talking:

001.jpg

002.jpg

ED209A.jpg

ED209B.jpg

ED209C.jpg

ED209D.jpg

ED209E.jpg

ED209F.jpg

ED209G.jpg

ED209H.jpg

Damn Reinhardt, those are some of the most gorgeous pictures I have seen of this guy, WOW! Most impressive, if this guy isn't figure of the year I don't know what is!

and welcome to the board!!!

Btw, I am opening my ED 209 Box as we speak! Yes Indy, the 20 year wait is OVER!!!

decadentdave said:
I was just thinking that too. I was wondering if there is any device that will record like 20 seconds of audio and play it back. ED needs a voice chip mod!

yeah, I've been trying to figure out how to do it. I was able to record audio from the movie and save it as a wav file. I just need to figure out how to play it upon the flick of a switch now!

pjam said:
Damn Reinhardt, those are some of the most gorgeous pictures I have seen of this guy, WOW! Most impressive, if this guy isn't figure of the year I don't know what is!

and welcome to the board!!!

Btw, I am opening my ED 209 Box as we speak! Yes Indy, the 20 year wait is OVER!!!

thanks pjam!! I LOVE this figure. one thing you'll notice is that i did a little touch up painting to his front grill. it just looked too grey before.

post pics of yours once you've got it all setup!!!

Reinhardt said:
thanks pjam!! I LOVE this figure. one thing you'll notice is that i did a little touch up painting to his front grill. it just looked too grey before.

post pics of yours once you've got it all setup!!!

They would pale in comparison to your amazing shots, but I will at some point. :lol

I have said this before and it bears repeating... the fact that a 1/6 Scale ED-209 exists and was actually made, even as a film-accurate prop, is MORE than I could ever dream of, the fact that it actually articulates AT ALL is an insane bonus IMO.

This is just the sickest thing to come along in ages! :lol :D :cool:

pjam said:
They would pale in comparison to your amazing shots, but I will at some point. :lol

I have said this before and it bears repeating... the fact that a 1/6 Scale ED-209 exists and was actually made, even as a film-accurate prop, is MORE than I could ever dream of, the fact that it actually articulates AT ALL is an insane bonus IMO.

This is just the sickest thing to come along in ages! :lol :D :cool:

Reinhardt said:
seriously... 19 fricking years... I soil myself everytime i see the dang thing.

WOW! You guys are KILLING me!!! Next week can't come soon enough. I just can't get over how HUGE the thing looks! I had the Horizon vinyl kit way back and 'tried' to build it...I'm just not that skilled! Anyways, You said it pjam, and I'll quote you since it's EXACTLY how I've felt about it ever since I first discovered HT was doing this 1/6 ED-209..."the fact that a 1/6 Scale ED-209 exists and was actually made, even as a film-accurate prop, is MORE than I could ever dream of, the fact that it actually articulates AT ALL is an insane bonus IMO."

Couldn't have said it any better myself! :D

Cheers Indy and thanks for the kind words... and how about those killer pics from our new freaks brother Reinhardt? And what an amazing showroom he has!

Well, it's getting late and the lighting is a bit inappropriate here in my Hollywood crib to appreciate it fully at first blush so...

I just opened the box, pulled out the styro casing, opened it up and inspected a few of the pieces -- the coloring and design detail is stunning. I just HAD to pull out the heavy dome and I LOVE the detailed rubber hooding, it is just perfect. This is basically a film-accurate prop replica and the best ever made, if it was in the actual movie, you wouldn't know the difference IMO.

and to think I got this thing shipped for $175 from AE! I would have gladly paid $350 for it, it is that cool. Can't wait to get him set up and displayed with the equally stunning HT Robocop fig, these guys made my YEAR!

And yeah, I may seek out a voice activated chip at some point, plenty of places to put it. The leg detail is also jaw-dropping, just amazing. :cool:

awesome pjam!!! there was no doubt in my mind that you would love it. and yeah, i would have easily paid double for mine as well.

as for a voice activated chip, how would you do it? I'm really interested in doing this now.

Back