Hot Toys ED-209 Official Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jediguy said:
wow im in singapore haha. I cant wait to get mine!

My friend there got his a couple days ago. You should be getting yours soon if not already.

I can't wait for mine, too.

Can't wait for mine either. Just got a notice from ABC Express. I had to fork out another US$7 for shipping. Must be alot heavier and bigger than first expected. Anyways, it will be here in a week or two. Pearler.

Anyone else think it's a little out of scale when standing next to a 12" fig? It looks like it should be a little bigger.

DetroitSportsFan said:
Anyone else think it's a little out of scale when standing next to a 12" fig? It looks like it should be a little bigger.

I don't see how anyone can consider this figure out-of-scale.

ed209_D.jpg

HT is very film-accurate with their stuff...

This is how they look side by side. Pic taken from a recent convention... note Robo is posed standing on his stand

ed20917od.jpg

DetroitSportsFan said:
Look at the pic of ED standing next to 12" Obi Wan (you know, a pic of it actually standing next to a 12" fig). Shouldn't Ed be a little bigger?

i agree. I think it should be a bit bigger. Looks great though, nonetheless. :chew :chew

Robo is 12", Ed is listed @ 15" tall on the HT site... I imagine that is when Ed is at the highest pose position...

I think the scale looks fine...I will be weathering my ED209 instead of getting the battle damaged version.

Yeah, it is slightly out of scale. It's more like 1/6.5 to 1/7 scale, yes?

Still, great looking figure and likely the best ED-209 that we're ever going to get.

DetroitSportsFan said:
Look at the pic of ED standing next to 12" Obi Wan (you know, a pic of it actually standing next to a 12" fig). Shouldn't Ed be a little bigger?

I haven't received mine, yet, but you make a good point. If you look at that same pic of ED next to Kenobi - I think the top of kenobi's head should be actually be about level with that shouldler plate that is nearest him.

But ED's an awesome figure regardless. And I didn't like the Robocop figure - his neck is too skinny.

Nice pics - BTW.

Review with more pics... I'm sure Michael Crawford will post his own review thread for comments but until he does...

Plus these are shipping now and should be here in the US in a matter of weeks so don't forget to post your pics here. :D

Back