Hot Toys ED-209 Official Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jeez those are some awesme pix by Reinhardt. I canceled mine a long long time ago. I would still like to get one though, its such a great looking figure!

dekadentdave said:
King, by all that is Kurgan you must get thee mighty ED to display in the King's Kourt!

I surely would love to have one. Not any time soon though, as I have spent my ass into the poor house in the last few days alone. And I still have the onslaught of the first and second quarter '07 to get ready for.

Reinhardt said:
Is there any word on other pieces coming out from Hot Toys? Ripley and powerloader by chance?!?

I sure hope so! That seems to be one of the most popular requests on this board...an HT 1/6 power-loader! If they can do ED-209, thay can do a power-loader IMO! :D

Just bought mine and I can't wait. If it wasn't for this board I would not have realized his true glory. Thanks FREAKS! I mean it!

hey guys, just wondering, for those of you displaying the ed-209 out in the open without a display case, is there a danger of the black rubber on his head becoming damaged ? like say by dust or something?

What would be the best way to clean a material like that?

Jediguy said:
hey guys, just wondering, for those of you displaying the ed-209 out in the open without a display case, is there a danger of the black rubber on his head becoming damaged ? like say by dust or something?

What would be the best way to clean a material like that?
I'm already having that problem with dust particles getting trapped in the grooves. Like it was said above, a can of compressed air will do the trick. Dust shouldn't hurt the rubber but temperature and sunlight might cause cracking over time but it depends on the material used. I have some soft rubber items that have cracked due to exposure to air and others that are seemingly impervious to open air so only time will tell on this.

I use armor-all wipes on some of my stuff, seems to do the trick as long as it is used sparingly... over time you don't want a whole lot of buildup.

I will definitely use it on my HT "Aliens" Warrior when it finally comes out...

pjam said:
A motion-activated voice chip would be far simpler to make than you think I would guess -- if they can make them for cheap-ass toys I'm sure there is some way to figure it out... I would probably place it under the dome somewhere...

I bet someone like hurricane might know about this.. maybe we should PM him and ask how to do it...

but I agree with you dave, it has to be LOUD!!!

hey,got mine for my b'day,and YES ,already working out the speech thing,gotta say this thing is absolutely AWSOME!!

Got mine yesterday - unfortunately part of the leg had snapped off but it was a pre-existing joint so it will glue back together just fine. the thing is damn awesome though.

Back