Hot Toys ED-209 Official Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reinhardt said:
as for a voice activated chip, how would you do it? I'm really interested in doing this now.

Me too. There must be some kind of flash memory chip that you could download a .wav file to and connect it to a small speaker powered by a small battery. Heck, if cathodes can be moded for lightsabers there must be some kind of Radio Shack solution to a sound chip. How do toy companies like Hasbro do it? Maybe we should take apart one of their sound toys and reverse engineer it.

A motion-activated voice chip would be far simpler to make than you think I would guess -- if they can make them for cheap-ass toys I'm sure there is some way to figure it out... I would probably place it under the dome somewhere...

I bet someone like hurricane might know about this.. maybe we should PM him and ask how to do it...

but I agree with you dave, it has to be LOUD!!!

Last edited:
You can buy small speakerboards at Radio Shack pretty cheap and it wouldn't take much effort to solder the wires to a 9-volt battery. The trick is getting some kind of sound actuator chip with an interface to connect to a PC to download the sound file into a binary format it can translate. I'm not an electronics guru but if we can conceptualize it then it must be possible.

Okay, that went right over my head! :lol

I don't know about any of this stuff. If someone can figure it out and make one work, please let me know. :D

yeah, totally over my head too! I'm gonna work on this one and see what I can find out. if you guys figure anything out, please post it here!!

Damn, Damn, Damn!!! I really think I need to get this figure too!!!

Beautiful pics Reindhart! And an equally amazing display area... you should really post more pics of your collection in teh "show your shelves" section of the site!

But anyway, I think after the first of the year I'm gonna be searching real hard for one of these. The sad thing is I already have the Jabba set-up on pre-order but I really think this is far superior and about $150-$200 cheaper?!? This may be the final nail in Jabba's coffin :lol

Figure you'll spend 180 or so (if AE still has some) for a $350 item, that's the way I look at it when you consider MR prices for comparable props, etc (more like 550 IMO)

And the thing is you won't regret it once you have it...

Last edited:
Damn Pjam, always the voice of reason (that makes me spend more money) when it comes to Robocop!

After seeing the pictures I'm really blown away at how "under-priced" the figure really is. Especially considering there is 0% re-use with this figure... just staggering!

galactiboy said:
Damn Pjam, always the voice of reason (that makes me spend more money) when it comes to Robocop!

After seeing the pictures I'm really blown away at how "under-priced" the figure really is. Especially considering there is 0% re-use with this figure... just staggering!

Well that is soley your decision of course gb... and it is expensive, they're selling for 200 already on ebay and in a year that will be 250, year after 300-350 so you can always flip it if things get tight but it will cost more to repurchase. I just think it is an awesome fig to have in your collection...

You can probably get one on ebay for less than 175 shipped if you are diligent because the wave of released product just hit but don't wait too long (more than 6 months)

Good advice... I think for me I'll definitely try to get it sooner than later. And after the first of the year I should be able to swing him pretty easily.

This is a figure I have a feeling I will be really bummed if I miss out on.

Bummed out? Why would missing out on something like this bum you out? :lol

ED209A.jpg

Pjam...that is an awesome pics :rock WOW!!!!

...it would have been a nice touch though to add some infamous line it had in the movie.

i love him, but i wish his toes moved. or even just 1 toe. then u could pose him w/ it slightly up and it'd give the illusion that they all moved.

Thanks everyone! I'll definitely post pics of the whole room... gotta take a few more...

galactiboy - just get it! www.cornerstorecomics.com have them for 189 delivered!

to be honest, when sideshow initially put these on their site, my immediate reaction was "NO" - they are just too expensive... but after getting ED, I am SO glad that I did not wait... there are definitely gonna be hard to get on the aftermarket in a bit.

Back