Hot Toys ED-209 Official Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
decadentdave said:
Why didn't you just pre-order from Sideshow? That would have been simpler.

I've never been the type to pre-order figures. I'd rather wait til the real thing releases and then get reviews from real collectors before I put down the bucks.

Then I just get contacts in HK to buy them if I decide I want them. They usually can get it for alot less than if I got it in the states. And I don't pay shipping cause they ship them through their work - or my gf hand delivers them if she is there on business.

The only figure I've ever pre-order is the 2nd Kamen Rider: The First figure from Medicom. I did that because the first version kicked arse.

BTW. I had an IM exchange with a friend in Singapore - he has his and says it's "even better than he expected" :chew He's gonna TRY to grab one for me.

got some photo in Hong Kong Toysdaily
268379429_7bda7d3ccc.jpg

https://www.toysdaily.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=57649&sid=11ebeca74c9059722bc1ff207e7dc021

Wow! :monkey5

Can't wait for this! My 14" Chucky is currently in the postion where I was going to put him. I'll let them fight it out!

In those pictures he seems to have left the flaps pointing upwards!

PsychoCenobite :monkey5

:monkey2 Had to cancel him yesterday, and robocop went up for sale and sold. Hope the buyer enjoys the Robo , but let's just say this week is living proof of chaos theory! As my girlfriend has been saying though, "when life gives you lemons, make a sour face!":lol

Damn, that thing is a work of art! I wish I could swing this figure, but the size and cost are just too much at this time. I have a feeling I'll be paying and arm and a leg for it later on :monkey2

I just had to repost this pic, this is truly impressive. I can't wait for this and wouldn't be surprised if they go way up in price in the next few years.

Btw, it would be really cool to see someone do a stop-motion film with these figs now!

ed209_D.jpg

galactiboy said:
Any word on points of articulation and range of the articulation?

Fully-poseable is all I know and that's good enough for me, knowing HT. :D

Well from the design, I would imagine it has a pretty good range... but still curious. I was very impressed with how the designed Robo, so I imagine this one won't dissapoint. I hope Michael at least has a guest reviewer for this one.

galactiboy said:
Well from the design, I would imagine it has a pretty good range... but still curious. I was very impressed with how the designed Robo, so I imagine this one won't dissapoint. I hope Michael at least has a guest reviewer for this one.

Michael will be doing the review for this IMO, he thinks it may the figure of the year based on his Robo Review.

Just scored on one this morning :) - $150 from Singapore. Should have it in about a week or so.

I forgot to specify that I wanted the non-"battle damaged" version and so for a few hours today I was in a panic that I got such a good price because my friend could only find the BD version. But got confirmation finally that it is the clean version (I'll add the damage myself - thank you).

That pic of him next to the laptop is awesome - btw. Looks HUGE.

galactiboy said:
Damn, that thing is a work of art! I wish I could swing this figure, but the size and cost are just too much at this time. I have a feeling I'll be paying and arm and a leg for it later on :monkey2

Hey, Galactiboy -

I *may* end up with two of these. My gf's sister is in HK and we haven't been able to get a hold of her to tell her that I have one already. So if it ends up that she got one for me, too - I would be willing to unload it to you for whatever it cost. I told her no more than 170USD, so if she gets one - it will likely be the best price you could get for it.

I'll keep you posted.

Back